2020 Road Shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

micky wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:09 am
His feet looks like a potato.

Just went to his IG thinking "how could anyone's feet look like a potato?"

They look like a potato.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Maddie

by Maddie

I did and thought the same

parleez1

by parleez1

Is anyone riding Fizik Vento Infinito Carbon 2 wides?
Haven't been able to find them in a local shop, wondering how they would fit compared to a Lake cx241 wide I'm presently wearing.
The review s are good and the Fizik website provides good description, but it's all about trying them on and seeing how the piggies fit!
Appreciate any feedback on them.
Thanks!

jo.k

by jo.k

Not really 2020, but I'll post here anyways. Bont Vaypor S 2022 with BOA Li2 dials.
Attachments
VayporSWhite2022_1800x1800.jpeg

Kumppa

by Kumppa

For Speedplay users: Bont is not offering Speedplay 4-hole option for the new Vaypor S L2 models. I don't know if it still possible with custom program. New model also have marine grade stainless steel cleat t-nuts.

cberg

by cberg

jo.k wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:56 am
Not really 2020, but I'll post here anyways. Bont Vaypor S 2022 with BOA Li2 dials.
Bought a pair of Bont right before these released, I dont think there's any other difference than the dials. Great shoes

jo.k

by jo.k

Yes, great shoes. I have a pair, and ordered another on their black friday sale and will receive the 2022 model.

Kumppa

by Kumppa

jo.k wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:11 am
Yes, great shoes. I have a pair, and ordered another on their black friday sale and will receive the 2022 model.
Did you order white or black color?

I ordered white Vaypor S with SP option from the BF sale and I will receive the new Li2 model. Same time friend ordered black Vaypor S with SP and looks like he is still getting old model, atleast he haven't got upgrade email.

Couple week ago I asked if my order can be upgraded to the new model but it got denied because they don't offer SP option for the new model. Luckily they upgraded it themselves.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

Kumppa wrote:For Speedplay users: Bont is not offering Speedplay 4-hole option for the new Vaypor S L2 models. I don't know if it still possible with custom program. New model also have marine grade stainless steel cleat t-nuts.
The Speedplay hole pattern is available on this current and old models. You just need to specify at the time of ordering. Now since we’re on Weight Weenies aka we love marginal gains. The 3 hole Shimano/Look pattern with the Speedplay adapter is actually thinner than the Speedplay specific sole that comes on the Bont. Why? The reinforced plate and built it area has a slight stack height difference. Not much but just a tad.

Hence why Dowsett ends up choosing 3 hole pattern Bonts and sends them to get redrilled for Speedplay ONLY relying on the thin carbon plies of the 3 hole sole. Which obviously seems to be enough for his use. Note, he has multiple pairs and each shoes probably doesn’t see that much mileage in its life time and probably doesn’t see the stop light clip-in and outs. Where as our shoes are used day-in and day-out for multiple years. While clipping in and out. Far more wear and tear. But if that’s something you want to do, let me know and I’ll send you in the right direction.

I’ll be placing my order for the new Li2 soon, if anyone else stateside wants a pair DM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Ronin416 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:06 pm
The Speedplay hole pattern is available on this current and old models. You just need to specify at the time of ordering. Now since we’re on Weight Weenies aka we love marginal gains. The 3 hole Shimano/Look pattern with the Speedplay adapter is actually thinner than the Speedplay specific sole that comes on the Bont. Why? The reinforced plate and built it area has a slight stack height difference. Not much but just a tad.
I got an email reply saying it is not available on new model.

Lower stack with the original or with aftermarket SP adapters? That thicker sole was new info for me. :o

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Received my RC902T's yesterday.

Hard to believe, but they're even comfier than the normal RC902s, the single boa is fantastic and the strapping over midfoot is perfect (for me).

Size 47 come in at 292g per shoe. The toe box is also bigger on the T's, which was my only issue with the normal 902s.

EDIT: Pics added.
Attachments
80E6E966-F248-44D3-B7C5-F7788F2CF970.jpeg
7DC1FAC3-E7A7-4BD5-BF2D-B85487A3FEBB.jpeg
Last edited by ryanw on Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

Just a another data point. I've been a huge Sworks 7 shoe fan but they took a bit of work to get them right. Specialized gave me a pair of Vent Shoes because of a wheel warranty issue (great company) and they are without a doubt the best shoes I've ever owned. The last few shoes I've owned, Giro's (too narrow), first gen Shimano RC900 S-phyres (too narrow and too low with heel lift) Sworks 6 (good shoe) sworks 7 (great shoe but needs to be broken in) Sworks Vents (All the pluses of the sworks 7 without the initial comfort issues). I used the Vents on a 2 hour ride right out of the box with zero issues, that's a pretty big deal for me. Other than being a warm weather shoe only I can't say anything bad about them.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

Kumppa wrote:
Ronin416 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:06 pm
I got an email reply saying it is not available on new model.

Lower stack with the original or with aftermarket SP adapters? That thicker sole was new info for me. :o
Kumppa wrote:For Speedplay users: Bont is not offering Speedplay 4-hole option for the new Vaypor S L2 models. I don't know if it still possible with custom program. New model also have marine grade stainless steel cleat t-nuts.

Hence why Dowsett ends up choosing 3 hole pattern Bonts and sends them to get redrilled for Speedplay ONLY relying on the thin carbon plies of the 3 hole sole. Which obviously seems to be enough for his use. Note, he has multiple pairs and each shoes probably doesn’t see that much mileage in its life time and probably doesn’t see the stop light clip-in and outs. Where as our shoes are used day-in and day-out for multiple years. While clipping in and out. Far more wear and tear. But if that’s something you want to do, let me know and I’ll send you in the right direction.

I’ll be placing my order for the new Li2 soon, if anyone else stateside wants a pair DM me.

I’ll double check and get back to you.

My guess now would be the semi-custom route to get the Speedplay sole and Li2. Will confirm on this too.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

ryanw wrote:Received my RC902T's yesterday.

Hard to believe, but they're even comfier than the normal RC902s, the single boa is fantastic and the strapping over midfoot is perfect (for me).

Size 47 come in at 292g per shoe. The toe box is also bigger on the T's, which was my only issue with the normal 902s.
Good info to know it works well with higher volume feet and the addition toe box area. My left front BOA on my 902S are maxed out for tightening.

Thinking of spec’ing a SEMI-Custom Vaypor-S - low volume with the Li2 BOAs and maybe fancy it up with some embroidery on my next order with the factory.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

OnTheRivet wrote:Just a another data point. I've been a huge Sworks 7 shoe fan but they took a bit of work to get them right. Specialized gave me a pair of Vent Shoes because of a wheel warranty issue (great company) and they are without a doubt the best shoes I've ever owned. The last few shoes I've owned, Giro's (too narrow), first gen Shimano RC900 S-phyres (too narrow and too low with heel lift) Sworks 6 (good shoe) sworks 7 (great shoe but needs to be broken in) Sworks Vents (All the pluses of the sworks 7 without the initial comfort issues). I used the Vents on a 2 hour ride right out of the box with zero issues, that's a pretty big deal for me. Other than being a warm weather shoe only I can't say anything bad about them.
The Vents are definitely SUPER comfortable out of the box and are awesome for summer riding.

Only gripe was they just didn’t feel super secure while sprinting up hills or throttling it hard in a sprint. - maybe why none of the Pro riders never ended up using them. The wrinkle across the pinky was annoying so I got rid of them.

Highly recommended for out of the box comfort.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com