2020 Pro thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jcrr

by jcrr

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:40 pm
AJS914 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:00 am
Well, it seems that they bought her story. She got lucky.

This was the story that said AAF. I guess they were wrong.

https://www.cxmagazine.com/denise-betse ... e-steroids

Velonews also reported AAF:

https://www.velonews.com/2019/04/cycloc ... est_492198

It's hard to even find a consistent story on the internet.
It is interesting that both of those articles written in April of 2019 are only listing the Jan. doping violation, not the February doping violaton at the race she won, that is also being shown in the latest articles about her being allowed to race again. Those early articles are listing it as an AAF, where as te latest articles seem to be showing it as an ADRV. All of it seems awfully suspicious.
THIS, and the type of contaminant in the 'supplement' in question and how it was acquired. It reminds me of the accusations vs GVA and Laurens Sweeck a few years back regarding the use of Vaminolact intravenously. I understand the guy needing to take daily care of his vitamin D defficiency, or the master's eating/drinking more beets, or the girl chugging a RedBull right before the start of a race... IMHO, a line is crossed the moment 'supplements' need to be procurred through a doctor/pharmacist. It'd be interesting to hear from someone who is more familiar with 'these' pratices in the EU, and how common/accepted they are.
Last edited by jcrr on Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If it ain't broken, it could be lighter"

spud

by spud

In more important news, you can now ride with Lance Armstrong and George Hincapie in Mallorca for a week for a mere $30K. Cue the smart ass comments...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

"I don't want to lead robots"

Vini Zabù-KTM to race without power, heart rate meters

I like this. :thumbup:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Idiotic. If he doesn’t want them to see their watts and HR, then mount the computers behind the seatpost like they do in track cycling. Not collecting the data at all is pure folly.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Publicity stunt?

themidge

by themidge

The riders are obsessed with watts. They allow themselves to be influenced too much by it. During training it's good to use a power meter but not in a race. I want my riders to think freely again
Sounds like he feels his riders spend too much time looking at their stems and over-think things in races because they can see their power. You do see quite a lot of world tour riders blanking off their power data with tape so they don't look at it too much during races.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

They're not going to win much anyway so maybe he just wants them to ride more to enjoy themselves?

dolophonic

by dolophonic

Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:06 pm
"I don't want to lead robots"

Vini Zabù-KTM to race without power, heart rate meters

I like this. :thumbup:

Ya .. me too. . I think power meters should go too .

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Get rid of carbon fiber bikes. Get rid of clipless pedals. Get rid of electronic shifting. Waaaaah.

Data is great. If a team's DS doesn't want their riders staring at computers during the race, then the solution is to mount them behind the saddle/seatpost like in track racing. Not collecting the data altogether is moronic.

pastronef

by pastronef

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:55 am
Get rid of carbon fiber bikes. Get rid of clipless pedals. Get rid of electronic shifting. Waaaaah.

Data is great. If a team's DS doesn't want their riders staring at computers during the race, then the solution is to mount them behind the saddle/seatpost like in track racing. Not collecting the data altogether is moronic.
this. just keep the heart rate strap but have the head unit behind the saddle or elsewhere. and you keep the data

Jugi

by Jugi

themidge wrote:You do see quite a lot of world tour riders blanking off their power data with tape so they don't look at it too much during races.
Hopefully pros know that any competitive head unit model has completely customizable data fields, so it's a matter of not putting power in a data field if it's something that is of no interest during a race.

GCN has done many videos on the subject of "what's on your head unit?", usually the pros have a very basic setup (ie. elapsed time & distance) on there.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

pastronef wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:44 am

this. just keep the heart rate strap but have the head unit behind the saddle or elsewhere. and you keep the data

But that doesn't fit the chic #nogarminnorules #toocoolforschool #og image everyone pretends presents on the internet.

pastronef

by pastronef

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:59 am
pastronef wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:44 am

But that doesn't fit the chic #nogarminnorules #toocoolforschool #og image everyone pretends presents on the internet.
:mrgreen:

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Anyone else notice Caleb sprinting in a “less” aero position? I haven’t seen his nose mm’s above the front tire in any footage from 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

themidge

by themidge

Jugi wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:48 am
Hopefully pros know that any competitive head unit model has completely customizable data fields, so it's a matter of not putting power in a data field if it's something that is of no interest during a race.

GCN has done many videos on the subject of "what's on your head unit?", usually the pros have a very basic setup (ie. elapsed time & distance) on there.
I did wonder why they didn't do that, I guess they can't be bothered to change how their garmin is set up between stages or from when they've been training with power. You'd think it'd be easier than getting out the electrical tape though.. :D

I don't have a power meter or HR monitor or anything but I've recently gone from having as much information on the first page of my Garmin as possible to only having instantaneous speed, distance, and time. Trying to work out my average speed is something to keep me occupied on boring bits of road and it's not right there in front of me if I don't want to be demoralized :P .