De Rosa 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Man De Rosa does some sexy design and paintwork. But I don't care for the new font either. Great looking bike though.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

I think that top SK pininfarina in dark titanium grey looks business. Sexy bike with a sexy wheel set and components.

The new fronts look odd when the colour is not what we expect (black).

Would be very curious to see the weights of the complete builds. 950g for a painted aero frame is very good, particularly with that paint. So is the 800g for the Merak frame.

gbrnole

by gbrnole

don't like the aero bike (forward sloping top tubes just don't speak to me) but I do dig the lightweight bike.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Can’t say I’m liking this much more than any other dropped stay bike. That “weblike” fill between the tire and seatstays make it even uglier to me. And not that it’s relevant with discs, but dropped stays make a rim brake implementation awkward at best (I know, no rim brake here, hence irrelevant, but still). I like the relatively horizontal top tube, that’s something I liked about the Propel when it first came out, about the only thing. Always more aero than sloping, but that’s never discussed since sloping allows fitting more people with fewer frame sizes.
It’s a “meh” from me, like pretty much everything else these days.
As for Campy hydro levers, while they work just fine, they’re huge and pretty hideous. Dura Ace Hydro levers certainly have the edge over the others in achieving a hydraulic lever that is somewhat sleek and compact.
Last edited by Calnago on Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

kgt

by kgt

gbrnole wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:34 pm
don't like the aero bike (forward sloping top tubes just don't speak to me) but I do dig the lightweight bike.
It is not a forward sloping tt, just an horizontal one. It's that we are used to sloping top tubes : )

velov

by velov

Completely agree with Cal...to my eyes it just looks like a Canyon Aeroad derivative. All the new bikes are pushing me towards Time, Look or even Colnago C-series (never thought that would happen).

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

aeroisnteverything wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:27 pm
950g for a painted aero frame is very good, particularly with that paint. So is the 800g for the Merak frame.
Can I interest anyone in a wager that the weights will be significantly higher than claimed?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Looks like an overpriced Italian Aeroad. Meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Mr.Gib wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:34 am
aeroisnteverything wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:27 pm
950g for a painted aero frame is very good, particularly with that paint. So is the 800g for the Merak frame.
Can I interest anyone in a wager that the weights will be significantly higher than claimed?
I betting alot higher as well... the bike is meh to me.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

KarlC

by KarlC

I like De Rosa as a brand and had a SK Pininfarina for a bit but I liked my BMC TMR01 better so I kept it and sold off the SKPinin.

Now I have and Dogma F8 and enjoy if the most for an all around / aero bike.

Last edited by KarlC on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Discodan

by Discodan

LeDuke wrote:Looks like an overpriced Italian Aeroad. Meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A well executed and nicely integrated Italian Aeroad though, to my mind that’s exactly what I’m hoping the new canyon will be like. Give me German engineering, Taiwanese manufacturing quality, and a bit of Italian design flair and off we go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

The aero frame hurts my eyes! Really dislike the top tube frair up to the headtube, and flare down to the seattube.

I also dislike the aero section below the seatstays. It just lioks wrong.

The other frame looks great however... just like all the other modern identical bikes.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

kgt wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:58 am
New De Rosa frames are simply awesome!
Perfect integration, aero, low weights, sexy design. At last something interesting in an era with many boring, they-all-look-the-same frames.
Come on man. If you think everything else looks the same, then how on earth do you think the SK doesn't look like an Aeroad or the Merak look like a Tarmac?

Yes, they are very nicely styled, but to claim they aren't just as much of a copycat template as all the other bikes you bemoan is pure bias.

kgt

by kgt

In your eyes new De Rosa frames may look like every other frame. In my eyes, not at all. Their proportions, angles, tube profiles, colors, graphic design etc. are different. And, as designers know, God is in the details.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Leviathan

by Leviathan

I agree the colourschemes are very classy, and the Logo's bound to be polarizing cos its new. These look really well proportioned, well integrated and well designed frames. But theres a typo, its spelt "CANYON" not "DEROSA."