S-Works Venge 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

davidodem

by davidodem

Quick question for anyone out there for the new Venge?
I'm 5' 9 3/4" with inseam 32.5" with poor flexibility.
What size would you all recommend? 52? 54? 56?
(of course, I'll get professionally fitted before I buy anything)
Teal Sagan Venge

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dvq

by dvq

davidodem wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:31 pm
54cm likely, stack and reach on the new venge are almost identical to the vias. A 52cm with poor flexibility would make for needing a very large stack of steerer spacers. 56cm probably has way too much reach for you.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

ScottinFL wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:01 pm
KevinM wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:25 pm
LBoogie28 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:55 pm
Thanks for the info datmo. I am not against the “paint” on either the tarmac pro disc or the venge pro, just wish they would release a second option (my current bike is basically all matte black). That battleship grey on the s-works frameset is nice.
With that rainbow hologram logo on the Pro, I doubt anyone will notice the black frame

In case you haven’t seen it in person, the gray frame is matte. Kind of reminds me of the finish of gym equipmet. Not saying that’s good or bad, just an FYI.
What is up with the color choices?

Between matte black and grey, they almost force you to spend the extra $750 for a decent looking finish befitting of a $12k bike -- but then there's only something like 8 Sagan frames in each size for the entire US. WTF?

Does anyone else feel that additional colorways should be coming soon?

The Tarmac frames have 7 different color combos, and most of them look pretty decent.
2 Sagan 58s framesets in the US by July 24 I was told.. Canada conveniently got none, and is getting none... too bad.. I had $6700 burning a hole in my pocket.. I really don't understand their marketing process... USA and Canada are also totally independent of one another, and the prices do not even match when you do an exchange rate... the $6400 USD Sagan frameset works out to closer to $8500 Canadian once converted, but it sells for $6700 cdn up here... but if you do the euro conversion of the frame back to cdn dollars, its only $6400 canadian... go figure...

MRM

by MRM

dvq wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:38 pm
davidodem wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:31 pm
54cm likely, stack and reach on the new venge are almost identical to the vias. A 52cm with poor flexibility would make for needing a very large stack of steerer spacers. 56cm probably has way too much reach for you.
While that is true a 54 might mean you will need a rather short stem which will make the bike feel quite twitchy. I think you are probably between the sizes somewhat but can probably manage to go size 54. Another option would be to go size 52 and old handlebar with the 2 cm riser (Aerofly). That saves you a spacer and while some don't like the look, it is still both more aero and looks better than the spacer.

sthompson

by sthompson

Hey everyone,

I work at Specialized and am the PM for the Venge. I'm a long time lurker, first time poster...Anyway, I will do my best to be available on here for a while and answer specific questions about the Venge if you have any.

-Stewart

TonyM

by TonyM

Why is the availability in Canada pretty much limited compared to the US or Europe?
(I encounter the same issue as I wanted to buy the S-Works Tarmac disc)

LBoogie28

by LBoogie28

sthompson wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:54 am
Hey everyone,

I work at Specialized and am the PM for the Venge. I'm a long time lurker, first time poster...Anyway, I will do my best to be available on here for a while and answer specific questions about the Venge if you have any.

-Stewart
-Price point and release window of the “Pro” model.
-Frame differences between pro and s-works.
-more paint options coming?

sthompson

by sthompson

TonyM wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:05 am
Why is the availability in Canada pretty much limited compared to the US or Europe?
This is mainly because Canada is just a much smaller market for road bikes than our USA and Europe regions. With fairly limited availability of the new Venge globally right now, it just means the inital volume coming into Canada and other smaller markets is potentially even lower.

sthompson

by sthompson

LBoogie28 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:55 am
sthompson wrote:
Hey everyone,

-Stewart
-Price point and release window of the “Pro” model.
-Frame differences between pro and s-works.
-more paint options coming?
I'm not at liberty to comment about a Pro model right now, sorry!
We will just have the 3 S-Works colorways until 2019: Sagan, Black/Holo Chrome, and the Cool Grey/Yellow.

TonyM

by TonyM

sthompson wrote:
TonyM wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:05 am
This is mainly because Canada is just a much smaller market for road bikes than our USA and Europe regions. (...).
I used to live in Switzerland (only 7 million people compared to 30 million in Canada) and the availability was much better than in Canada. Same for my friends in Belgium (11 million) and in the Netherland (7 million). They all have much more availability than here in Canada. Too bad as I know many people wanting to get a S-Works Tarmac or Venge which they couldn’t get (especially if it is a small or large size) and bought another brand, usually Trek.

Kermithimself

by Kermithimself

TonyM wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:23 am
I used to live in Switzerland (only 7 million people compared to 30 million in Canada) and the availability was much better than in Canada. Same for my friends in Belgium (11 million) and in the Netherland (7 million). They all have much more availability than here in Canada. Too bad as I know many people wanting to get a S-Works Tarmac or Venge which they couldn’t get (especially if it is a small or large size) and bought another brand, usually Trek.
It has nothing to due with population, but with market. There's a lot of people living in Russia compared to Belgium, but the market for bikes is greater in Belgium.
------------
If you dream of being famous - think of what birds do to statues.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kermithimself/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdCPaXwpeXT_LpuEF0REjqw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gotlegscycling/

Kermithimself

by Kermithimself

sthompson wrote:
Hey everyone,

-Stewart
Will there eventually be a rim brake version of the new Venge?
------------
If you dream of being famous - think of what birds do to statues.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kermithimself/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdCPaXwpeXT_LpuEF0REjqw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gotlegscycling/

endershan

by endershan

sthompson wrote:
Hey everyone,

-Stewart
1. On your site there is stem in the spec and geometry section of Venge frameset. Does the frameset come with a stem?
2. Is the direct mount rear derailleur hanger included in the frameset, or do i have to purchase separately?
3. Is a routing instruction available? Junction box under saddle is new for my LBS.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Stewart, thanks for answering.. so why no Sagan 58 for Canada... 52,54,56.. I went through this exact same disaster when trying to get a 58 rim brake SL6, and I eventually ordered it through a close US shop and took a drive... Canada told me they sold out immediately of 58 tarmacs, so that goes to show there is market, but no Sagan 58s were made available for Canada... Lke I said...here I sit with $6700 burning a hole in my pocket, but I cant get one unless I order across the border and pay $1500 more than Cdn retail?? Sorry for the rant, its frustrating...

sthompson

by sthompson

Kermithimself wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:51 am
sthompson wrote:
Hey everyone,

-Stewart
Will there eventually be a rim brake version of the new Venge?
Nope!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com