any Natural solution to burping?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tippster

by Tippster

I find Im burping or beltching regularly on rides as I consume my energy drink.

are there any natural products to combat this?
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

TheBigBlueGiant

by TheBigBlueGiant

Tippster wrote:I find Im burping or beltching regularly on rides as I consume my energy drink.

Try charcoal tablets.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Do you only use one kind of energy drink? If so, it could be your drink is not compatible with your stomach and you should test some other products. Also, do you eat too close to your rides timewise? Some people need a few hours before riding or exercising.

Tippster

by Tippster

Burping occurs with various energy drinks Ive tried.

evilgeek

by evilgeek

if they are carbonated, let them go flat before you drink them. but is belching really a problem? does it slow you down?

Tippster

by Tippster

evilgeek wrote:if they are carbonated, let them go flat before you drink them. but is belching really a problem? does it slow you down?

non-carbonated and yes it does slow me down...

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Have you tried squeezing really hard to get it to come out as a fart? Maybe it would be able to propel you a little.

rockymtnway

by rockymtnway

I'm not a big Hammer Nutrition fan, but this article, obviously written by them, did teach me a lot on the subject. I had a 24 hour race last weekend on a 4-man team and every one of us was suffering somewhere (or just about everywhere) along the digestive tract. The article points toward several of the causes relating to the complexity of the carbs you're taking in and the volume you're consuming.

I'm solo-ing the 24 hours of Moab in under five weeks, so I have little time to figure it all out and get it right. While I've done four 24 hour races leading up to this one including a first place duo win earlier this year, I've never solo'ed, so I still have a lot to learn. Currently I'm experimenting with Ensure as my energy drink. It's non-traditional by all means, but my stomach seems to be able to handle it far better that the new formulation of Cytomax, which had me in knots over the weekend.
2001 Bianchi SL-2 Reparto Corse
2006 Rocky Mountain ETSX 70
2006 Scott Genius RC-LTD
2007 Rocky Mountain Element 70

Tippster

by Tippster

richardtoddywoddy wrote:Have you tried squeezing really hard to get it to come out as a fart? Maybe it would be able to propel you a little.

when I try that I follow through...

makes the saddle more comfy the the smell...

nikh

by nikh

richardtoddywoddy wrote:Have you tried squeezing really hard to get it to come out as a fart? Maybe it would be able to propel you a little.

Very hard on a fixed gear :lol:
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

Lardy

by Lardy

I dare not.. I have grapes. Burping is a problem for me too. I try and make them last long enough to shout rude words during them. It's a more efficient use of the energy- makes you giggle and gives you at least 2 hrs longer endurance because of the smiles per mile increase.
Honest :roll:

=4cranks

by =4cranks

Tippster wrote:I find Im burping or beltching regularly on rides as I consume my energy drink.

It is most likely that you are swallowing air by "gulping" your energy drink. Why do cyclists gulp? On a bike you want to limit the time that you are riding one-handed, so you rush drinking. The terrain, traffic, etc. can limit chances to drink, so the cyclist rushes. If I swallow too many times in a row, I will gulp. Sometimes gulping is just a bad habit. That air bubble in the stomach has to go somewhere ...

So, drink more skillfully or drink slower or fewer swallows in a row.

OFF the bike, learn to drink more skillfully. Figure out how swallows you need to drink at a time. Practice drinking that much without swallowing air. Then try it while riding. When you make it a new habit, you'll drink smoothly without thinking.

A Doctor wrote a page about this:

Code: Select all

http://www.familymedicinenews.org/archives/2001/2434(FM).html

(You must select the URL line and paste.
I had to use the code tags since the link is faulty with (FM) in the web address)
Equality for Cranks.

BBAGDAN

by BBAGDAN

keep a small piece of raw peeled parsnip in your mouth.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com