Need help setting up Zwift for new pain cave

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I finally decided to build a pain cave and ordered the Stage SB20 smart bike. As of now I have a wall mounted 4K 55" tv, Apple iPad 12.9" Pro M1, and soon the Stages bike. Will be picking up 2-3 fans this week and a pair of Bluetooth speakers. I assume I need an Apple 4K tv? Anyways I'd like to do this right and would love some input. Thanks!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

The best thing you could get is a portable air conditioner. We moved into a house last year that had a finished downstairs room with a wall mounted AC unit. I'd start the AC before my ride and get the room into the 60s. It is the best thing that I never knew I needed or wanted.

People post stories about rusting their bike from sweat or finsishng their indoor ride with a puddle underneath them like it's some badge of courage. Personally, I think this is counter productive to training and just raises RPE.

The other best thing ever I bought was a RAD Cycle trainer desk.

Personally I just park my laptop on the trainer desk and usually binge watch some tv show. I wouldn't want a wall mounted TV because I'd have to lift my neck up to look at it. I set the trainer desk to the lowest setting so I have a straight line of sight to my screen without having to look up constantly.

EdWiser

by EdWiser

Fans get squirrel cage models

Lasko High Velocity Pivoting Utility Blower Fan, for Cooling, Ventilating, Exhausting and Drying at Home, Job Site, Construction, 2 AC Outlets, Circuit Breaker with Reset, 3 Speeds, 12", Black, U12104 https://a.co/d/0hayh7Z
Yes the AppleTV is a good choice it’s a more stable platform and no computer stuff to deal with. You can play music in the background while riding you cycling programs

eeney

by eeney

Apple TV works for a lot of people. Personally I used Zwift for ages using a laptop with separate 2nd screen which worked well. Good to have the keyboard and flexibilty to run any apps. I then upgraded to a desktop with graphics card (not a powerful desktop) and the experience is much better. I have two screens, PC speakers (secondhand cheap) and it just works and looks great in high definition. I also use it for other platforms (MyWhoosh, etc).

As said above, a trainer desk is useful for drinks, remotes, wireless keyboard, mouse and headset.

The last thing I've added is a WIFI power board for fans and speakers. So I can turn fans on/off from my mobile whilst riding.