new Crux?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

sigma

by sigma

Starting to see some heavy discounts on the Crux at the leading stores. Not sure if it heralds a new version, bad sales, or just new colors, but interestingly nonetheless to see 4k off the SW version.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

I think it is too early for a new Crux. Guess it is simply a combination of overstock and low demand.
When introduced, the Crux was almost unavailable due to low production volume. Then, it turned out how good it is and demand rose. But now, the marked is very, very low.

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

No discounts to be had in the UK.

I wonder if the S Works models are getting reduced as there'll be new models soon with the new SRAM Red/12 speed GRX Di2.

cobc11

by cobc11

I wonder if we will see an SL8 inspired aero version with a speed sniffer headtube. Aero features are definetly coming to gravel racing and the athos inspired crux is about as unaero as it gets.

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

Making the Crux an "Aero" bike would mean making an entirely different bike. The SL8 has shown that implying Aethos frame construction will make a race bike that is still comfortable to ride. But, so far the Crux follows the Aethos in construction, design and market placement: easy to build up, round tubes, no gadgets. The Diverge has all the gadgetry.
I still hold that the current Crux is perfect. But lowering the top tube, ever so slightly slackening the headangle and giving it a proper quality headset will make it more perfecter.

We'll see....

Salespunk

by Salespunk

Have heard rumors of a new Crux later this year. Regarding discounts, the SWorks are definitely on sale due to the impending Red upgrades. The other builds are discounted, but it looks like they are just going back to pre Covid pricing.

They are doing something similar on the MTB side as well. I bought my first SJ Evo for $4400 which was quickly changed to $4700 3 weeks after the bike was released. Then they were marked up to $6800 during Covid due to supply issues and popularity. Now pricing has been permanently reduced (not on sale) back to the $4700 price point.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StijnPiel10

by StijnPiel10

Salespunk wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:28 am
Have heard rumors of a new Crux later this year. Regarding discounts, the SWorks are definitely on sale due to the impending Red upgrades. The other builds are discounted, but it looks like they are just going back to pre Covid pricing.

They are doing something similar on the MTB side as well. I bought my first SJ Evo for $4400 which was quickly changed to $4700 3 weeks after the bike was released. Then they were marked up to $6800 during Covid due to supply issues and popularity. Now pricing has been permanently reduced (not on sale) back to the $4700 price point.
My local (Specialized) bike shop said definitely no new Crux this year. He told me Specialized will first release an updated Aethos, and likely a year later followed by a new Crux.
Current:
Road: SW Tarmac SL7 - 7.2kg
Gravel: SW Crux - build in progress