2007 Ridley Crosswind - headset replacement standard?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

nordisk

by nordisk

Hello,

I am in the process of restoring a very "well-loved" 2007 Ridley Crosswind I purchased recently.

The bearings are so corroded that I cannot read anything on them except ACB 36x45. I need to replace them, but I don't know what kind of headset this is or what size bearings are needed.

I do not have a caliper or ruler where I am right now, and can't measure the bearing size... Ridley website has no info.

I only have experience with "newer" bikes, that run the IS headset. This almost looks like what I read is "zero-stack", because there look to be cups that sit (are pressed) into the head tube.

The essential points:
  • 1. I only can read ACB 36x45 on one bearing
    2. The top cap is FSA and confirms this steerer is carbon 1-1/8" (4ZA Python fork)
    3. The bearings are the same size
    4. I removed the bearings (am I calling it right?) with my finger by working it around, like I would with an IS headset on my other bikes
    5. The cups (?) that the bearings sit in look pressed into the head tube on top and bottom and the bearings sit flush with the tops of them
Sorry for this long post if this is an obvious question. I have searched the internet and cannot find the answer, just posts about the brand of headset or unanswered similar questions.

Does anyone have this generation of Ridley bike, or know what I am talking about? :noidea:

Please any help is greatly appreciated, I want to give this bike a new life on the cyclocross course this fall! :oops:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nordisk

by nordisk

Addition:

Got hold of a ruler but it is only imperial. The bearings measure outer diameter 1-3/5 inches (1.6", 40.64mm).

Does this mean the bearings are 41mm 36x45? Like this: https://thebikehub.com/products/cane-cr ... ing-hd2082