2022 Scott Addict Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tonsos

by Tonsos

HBike wrote:
Tonsos wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:59 pm
With generous help from Hbike I finished my Addict Gravel build. Currently in (all)road setup.

It is the 2022 Addict Gravel 20, but I have made a few changes:

- From Rival Axs Xplr to 2x12 Axs
- Syncros Creston IC SL X stem/handlebar
- Specialized Power Arc saddle
- Nextie nxt45agx wheels with DT Swiss 350 hubs and Conti GP5000 S TR 32 mm (they measure 35 mm on this rim)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks fantastic!

Mine is built with Creston X, Shimano Ultegra Di2 12-Speed, Giant Boost saddle and Giant CXR 1, which are very lightweight.
Thank you. I really like how it rides. The versatility of this bike has me making all kinds of plans on adventurous rides in the future.

Your build sounds really cool! If you don’t mind, it would be great to see a picture of it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HBike

by HBike

Tonsos wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:17 pm
HBike wrote:
Tonsos wrote:
With generous help from Hbike I finished my Addict Gravel build. Currently in (all)road setup.

- Nextie nxt45agx wheels with DT Swiss 350 hubs and Conti GP5000 S TR 32 mm (they measure 35 mm on this rim)

Looks fantastic!

Mine is built with Creston X, Shimano Ultegra Di2 12-Speed, Giant Boost saddle and Giant CXR 1, which are very lightweight.
Thank you. I really like how it rides. The versatility of this bike has me making all kinds of plans on adventurous rides in the future.

Your build sounds really cool! If you don’t mind, it would be great to see a picture of it!

Need to upload to some other source first to link to it.

tkboyle

by tkboyle

plrww wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:54 pm
I got an answer from Scott Sweden about the cap. They confirm that the right cap is the one mentioned above by Tonsos. They say the cap is not in stock and it is expected to arrive in April 2024. Since the depressed top cap is not really needed when the stem is tightened and I can use the other cap to get the slack away, I'll probably just get it later.

Scott Sweden also mentions that the stem cap to be used is the one that's coming with the bike. I think stock Scott Addict Gravel bikes are not delivered with this stem and therefore I don't have the depressed cap. It would have made sense to have this cap included in the stem sales package since it is the only one that actually works with it. Thank you all for your comments!
Had the same issue and was not going to wait so long for the top cap so bought the Scott 2020 RC Headset which was easier to get.
Syncros ref is : 2754660001222. A bit overkill for just one useable part but if you are impatient like me it's more easier to buy.

Nohands83

by Nohands83

This looks great, I've set mine up recently to use as my winter trainer and it works really well on the road.
I'm still on x1 mechanical though, do you know how much it weighs with AXS x2?
Tonsos wrote:

Tonsos

by Tonsos

Sorry about the late reply. I haven't weighed it and do not have a suitable scale (will I be banned from this forum for admitting to this..? :) ), but I'll be happy to see if the bathroom scale can give me an approximate weight. Will repport back over the weekend.
Nohands83 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:39 am
This looks great, I've set mine up recently to use as my winter trainer and it works really well on the road.
Tonsos wrote:

steadyuk

by steadyuk

Hi

Does anyone know much about the 2024 model line up and coulours? I want to go for an AXS equiped one but not keen on the current 20 2023 Yellowish colour.

Thanks

Agent041

by Agent041

https://bikediscount.de/?jtl_token=8218 ... iNcwYrEKBQ

The 2024 models are already out. Interesting, no Shimano mechanical for 30 option. Only electrical, and naturally much higher price.

Tonsos

by Tonsos

The bathroom scale says it's 7.9 kg. I've got quite a few hefty components on it, so it wouldn't be all that complicated to make it significantly lighter.
Nohands83 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:39 am
Tonsos wrote:

Nohands83

by Nohands83

Thanks for doing that really appreciate it. Think my all-road build will be probably pretty close spec to yours, maybe with slightly larger tyres.

Tonsos wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:55 pm
The bathroom scale says it's 7.9 kg. I've got quite a few hefty components on it, so it wouldn't be all that complicated to make it significantly lighter.

Tonsos

by Tonsos

I was planning for larger tyres as well. The 35mm GP5000 All Season specifically (I even contemplated the the 44mm RH Snoqualmie), but they were really hard to purchase for quite a while afther they were launched. I've been very pleased with the regular 32mm GP5000. Even did some light gravel on them with zero issues.
Nohands83 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:00 pm
Thanks for doing that really appreciate it. Think my all-road build will be probably pretty close spec to yours, maybe with slightly larger tyres.

Tonsos wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:55 pm

RDY

by RDY

What's the max rear WAM tire people have managed to fit in the rear (preferably in 2x)?

I believe 52-54 fits at the front? Is that correct?

cykz

by cykz

Aakoo wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:37 pm
^ Excellent, thank you. Please let me know how it turns out.
I completed the initial install of the BB today!

I went with the "Hambini Racing BB86 Bottom Bracket Shimano Crankset (Black)" and requested sealed bearings, it seems to be very nice quality.

I also ordered the go\no-go gauge as I wanted to double check the opening, I had a feeling it was undersized based on how the original BB felt. It turned out it was, so I used a honing tool (~$20) and it wasn't difficult to remove a slight amount of material to make a perfect fit, only took a few minutes but kind of annoying to need to do it. You might not need to do this but I was having some issues with the BB from new so wanted to be sure.

There are no obstructions in the frame, the cables\hoses have a lot of space and they easily move up above the one-piece BB. I won't be able to ride it for a while but it installed smoothly and spins nicely too now, a lot better than before.

Aakoo

by Aakoo

^ Sounds good, thanks for the info. I'll have to join the waitlist. Did you measure your bb with a vernier or just the Hambini no go tool?

cykz

by cykz

Aakoo wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:02 pm
^ Sounds good, thanks for the info. I'll have to join the waitlist. Did you measure your bb with a vernier or just the Hambini no go tool?
No problem, looks like the regular non-racing is in stock, I used the waitlist for the racing\black too. I just used the go\no-go tool (BB86) which wouldn't fit at all initially, used the honing tool a little at a time using the no-go tool to check. Once the first side is in you can pause and look inside to make sure brake hose is above the bb and everything is aligned and then just finish the install. Good luck, let me know how it goes!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Agent041

by Agent041

I have a strange problem with my Addict Gravel 30 2023, and hopefully someone can help me.

I have problematic front derailleur alignment. Crank Praxis Alba 48/32 (gravel crank). Front derailour GRX600. Already from the start the chain rubs on the first 3 gears (34T,-30T-27T) on a small chainring. I have tried to adjust the L (low) limit screw, but it appears that it was already to the end. As I unscrew the limit screw it goes out away from the "wall". So the derailleur cage does not move to the frame. But when I tighten the L screw in, then the cage also goes nowhere, until I reach the "wall" with the screw, and then starts to move inside even more towards the chain. So the derailer L screw works as it should. But when unscrewing it again, it goes outwards, but unfortunately not out enough. As said, still rubbing on the first 3 gears. Have later then added a chain catcher and again mounted the derailer, but unfortunately it stayed the same. Wanted to adjust it with the center bolt toward the frame hanger and change the angle of the cage towards the chainring, but it was correctly parallel to the chainring from the beginning, so did not do that. I do not understand, why is this? As I investigated, the chainline for Alba and GRX600 are the same (47mm).

As the Praxis bottom bracket (BB) was done after second wash and did not want to buy another Praxis BB for 80eur, and had Ultegra 12speed PowerMeter crank I mounted Shimano BB and Ultegra 50/34 12speed crank. And additionally today also 105 12speed front deraileur, as it has the same chainline as Ultegra (44,5mm). But the result was the same. The low limit screw does not move the cage inner enougf for small gears. Also 1-2-3 gears rub a bit.

Does someone know what the problem is? If I would get 105 11speed with 43,5mm chainline it would be probably OK, but in couple of months I plan to upgrade to 105 Di2 12speed and need to fix this problem as it is. The shop where I bought the bike (online) simply do not care and are ignoring me.