Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dvdrl

by dvdrl

Weber wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:13 pm
Has anyone tried the vaypor s together with the g8 insoles? I feel that the shape of the insoles does not fit the bont 100%.
I am using that combo with #2 arch supports. Cut the toe area to size and kept the rest as is. It's a snug fit, and the soles are hard to get out. That's with wide vaypors.

That said, the combination works great for me. I can put more power through the pedals than without the G8s.

What in particular isn't a 100% fit for you?

Weber

by Weber

dvdrl wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:45 pm
Weber wrote:
Has anyone tried the vaypor s together with the g8 insoles? I feel that the shape of the insoles does not fit the bont 100%.
I am using that combo with #2 arch supports. Cut the toe area to size and kept the rest as is. It's a snug fit, and the soles are hard to get out. That's with wide vaypors.

That said, the combination works great for me. I can put more power through the pedals than without the G8s.

With the g8s I can feel the top edge of the bath tube sole.
It gives me the feeling that in my case using standard width the insole is bigger than necesary on the shoe. Giving me hotspot on the sides of the foot.

I just measured the bont and g8 insoles. the g8 are in all points wider than the original. In some cases almost by 1 cm.

I'm using standard size 46.

btw great shoe coming from sphyre

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dvdrl

by dvdrl

I guess except for the heel area they should be easy to cut off.

Weber

by Weber

Does anyone have an image or photo of some Asian fit insoles? I would like to see the difference in the shape

PeanutButterCups

by PeanutButterCups

Weber wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:26 pm
dvdrl wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:45 pm
Weber wrote:

With the g8s I can feel the top edge of the bath tube sole.
It gives me the feeling that in my case using standard width the insole is bigger than necesary on the shoe. Giving me hotspot on the sides of the foot.

I just measured the bont and g8 insoles. the g8 are in all points wider than the original. In some cases almost by 1 cm.

I'm using standard size 46.

btw great shoe coming from sphyre
I went from Sidi Wire 2 to Bont Vapor S (wide) with Solestar black insoles. I ended up back with the Sidi's as the Bont's squashed the top of my toes, just no vertical space, as my feet heated up during the ride they were in agony by the end. An expensive experiment, I should have tried Lake's but in the end the Sidi's feel like heaven compared to the Bont's.

alanyu

by alanyu

Weber wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:48 pm
Does anyone have an image or photo of some Asian fit insoles? I would like to see the difference in the shape
Not the original insoles but should explain.

Left is the regular fit while right is the wide fit, but cut to Asian fit, and it may be not accurate.

I got the regular fit, since the shit official BONT shipped me that pair with my Asian fit order, but they didn't respond to my require of an exchange.
20230827_192453.JPG

Weber

by Weber

Look nice, thanks.

I'm thinking that I may be better with an asian fit because my index finger is longer than my big toe and my middle finger is the same length as my big toe