Good Le Roi News and Bad Le Roi News

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

So lets start with the good shall we?

Good news:
I got a pair of American Classic Sprint 350's with the sapin cx-ray spoke upgrade in today. I put Deda tre corsa RS tires with maxxis ultra lite tubes. I saved 330 grams according to the digital scale making the overall weight 15.7 lbs. This is full record drive train, record compact cranks, record brakes, ritchey wcs carbon post, deda newton OS bar and stem. The wheels without skewers or rim strip came out to be 1299 grams. Not too shaby compared to my Ksyrium SL's which were tanks.

Bad news:
This weekend racing on one of the decents I went through one of the turns and felt the back in get loose, almost like I had a flat tire. I look down to see if I had a flat but the tire was fine. Finish my race and was looking over my bike when I got home and have discovered a crack in the paint. It starts at the top of the seat stay where the stays come together and extends from the top down the non-drive side, to the bottom. Scratch it with my fingernail and it's definitely cracked in at least the paint. :(

My digital camera's batteries are dead at the moment so I'll have to see if I can borrow one and get some pictures. The bike looks absolutely killer with the black 350's on it.
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

Dang M, sounds like you've been cranking down too hard again. :D Do you think the carbon stay is cracked all the way through?. Sure it's not the wheels? You did just come off the stiffest wheels made. (SL's) Or at least close. Would like to see the pics when you can. Hope this doesn't mean a special trip to Angelo.

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

Well I am slightly concerned considering I could feel the rear end flex decending at speed. I know it's not the wheels because I just added the AC's today and noticed the flex before.

I'm suppose to race thursday so I might be doing open heart on wednesday stripping parts off the Le Roi and putting them back on the Cofidis bike...we shall see.
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

pgregory

by pgregory

Have fun telling that to angelo, he hasnt come around in quite a while!!! Im going to athens for school, so weve got to get together for a ride or something.