Argon 18 Krypton

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

trainergav

by trainergav

Hi all,

Does anyone happen to know the frame/fork weight on the new Argon 18 Krypton (non-pro)? Or for the Krypton Pro for that matter? All I can find is that the Pro has a sub 900g frame for what thats worth. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sigma

by sigma

trainergav wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:43 am
Hi all,

Does anyone happen to know the frame/fork weight on the new Argon 18 Krypton (non-pro)? Or for the Krypton Pro for that matter? All I can find is that the Pro has a sub 900g frame for what thats worth. Thanks!
My previous generation was around 868g for a medium with the some small bits of hardware. The new one is apparently lighter.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

Jard

by Jard

I reached out to them on weights for the Krypton Pro a while back:
Thanks for reaching out. Weights are noted below:

Seatpost and hardware: 171 grams
Frameset: 895 grams
Fork: 375 grams

sigma

by sigma

Jard wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:28 pm
I reached out to them on weights for the Krypton Pro a while back:
Thanks for reaching out. Weights are noted below:

Seatpost and hardware: 171 grams
Frameset: 895 grams
Fork: 375 grams
I use a Darimo seatpost on mine. I am also glad they went to a better bottom bracket. That's the only fault I found with the bike -poor tolerances in the BB. I had to face the area a bit to get my BBinfinite in there. Eventually it was fine. There is a bit of weight variability also coming from their excellent headset fitting system and stem which is not the lightest, but it all works pretty well.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

Jard

by Jard

I ended up ordering a Krypton Pro last week after a discussion we had in my specific thread on the topic.

I have it at 7.016 kg on paper (before cages, mounts, and pedals) with a somewhat heavy saddle, FSA ACR stem, and ENVE SES AR bars. I'm excited to get it soon!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

trainergav

by trainergav

Thanks everyone, I've also sent a note to Argon to see what the official numbers are!