202x "New" Allez Sprint

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

romainboye

by romainboye

livestrong1986 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:57 pm
Fresh build
How dare you !!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Longthinroad

by Longthinroad

New travel with a bike project started with a big disappointment. 2024 Allez Sprint Satin Fog Tint Brush / Black Pearl.

No replacement or return available since my sister signed the delivery paper without checking the damaged. She then realized a minute later and asks the delivery guy but he says it is not their problem anymore😡

So i have this beautiful frame with an early scare.
I will post how it will turn out😎
2024 Specialized Allez Sprint
2021 Emonda SLR 9
2019 BMC URS ONE 1

DMC44

by DMC44

Just finished my 24 Allez Sprint size 58. as pictured 7.945kg.
Dura ace 9100 di2. 165mm cranks, 140mm front and rear.
Avian Falcon bars 38 x 120. Intergrated wahoo mount with go pro attached removed.
Zipp 404 Firecrest GP5000S TT 28mm front / 30mm S TR rear . set up tubless.
Ali Express Bootle cages 15g each and 3D printed power saddle copy.
Dura ace Pedals.

Considering lightweight expander plug, galfer rotors and HY seatpost or Darimo seatpost to get it down to 7.79ish. Any recomendations let me know!
Attachments
IMG_1983.jpg

nateners

by nateners

Interested in doing a Allez Sprint build, but struggling to find any framset weights. What are some of your frameset weights? I'm looking at the Gloss Red in a 54cm. Thanks in advance!

patliean1

by patliean1

My size 56 came in at 1521g
uncut fork: 435g
seatpost: 173g

mike12341

by mike12341

During the past winter, I build up my Allez Sprint. Finally, in March, I had finally had the opportunity to take ride outdoors. Initially unimpressed by the frame color in photos, I purchased it at a reasonable price with plans to custom paint it. However, I must admit, the color truly shines in person!
allez.png

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Wow is that a factory finished paint ? where can I get it.

I dont know why you people ride or buy Allez Sprint frames

But I must admit I am tempted to buy one too and go with a alloy handlebar (Pro pursuit sprint) and never have to worry about anything...
On a 6.6 disc bike today with the worlds lightest components (including THM Clavivcula SE) and every time I am afraid something happened or it will crack or something will *f##k* up my ride. Too much headache. The Allez Sprint looks like a bulletproof rocket ship

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

The raw frame would also be kinda cool to anodize at a professional shop. Instead of paint, anodize the whole frame and every other alloy pay (stem, handlebar, etc). No weight pentaly and almost scratch resistant.

mike12341

by mike12341

eucalyptus wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:55 am
Wow is that a factory finished paint ? where can I get it.

I dont know why you people ride or buy Allez Sprint frames

But I must admit I am tempted to buy one too and go with a alloy handlebar (Pro pursuit sprint) and never have to worry about anything...
On a 6.6 disc bike today with the worlds lightest components (including THM Clavivcula SE) and every time I am afraid something happened or it will crack or something will *f##k* up my ride. Too much headache. The Allez Sprint looks like a bulletproof rocket ship
Yeah, this is the Chameleon oil paint from the 2022 frameset. https://www.specialized.com/nl/nl/allez ... 042-189820

abLEmiaB

by abLEmiaB

Fairly sure I'm about to buy a frame and build it up. I have a spare SL7 stem I would quite like to use. Where are you guys getting your spacers so that there's a nice transition from the headset (obviously you're not all using the SL7 stem but I'm seeing several non-round stems)? Are you printing them yourselves? I don't have those skills

Longthinroad

by Longthinroad

After repainting the damage finally the build is finished. 7950 grams without pedals and handlebar tape .

2024 Specialized Allez Sprint
2021 Emonda SLR 9
2019 BMC URS ONE 1

r33prman

by r33prman

Just built this up.

58cm frame
Sl7 stem
Roval terra 38cm bars
Enve 5.6
30mm vittoria
Ti king cages
Galfer rotors
Force hoods and brakes
Rival XPLR mech and 10-44 force cassette
Alugear 50t on red 170mm cranks
Aerocoach chain catcher

7.95kg's with pedals and cages. I could definitely shed some weight with different wheels but ENVE :)

Rides so fine.

Talrand

by Talrand

r33prman wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:15 am
Just built this up.

[..]

7.95kg's with pedals and cages. I could definitely shed some weight with different wheels but ENVE :)

Rides so fine.
Damn that chainring looks nice. Why do 1x look larger than 2x rings? At first glance I'd have guessed 54t on that one.

joesch

by joesch

Longthinroad wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:53 pm
Interesting to see that they have changed the colour/visibility of the branding on the silver frames between MY23/MY24. The Specialized logo is hardly visible on my frame, no matter what the light is like.

As I also have a few "scars" on my Allez Sprint and the paint seems to be quite thick, I was thinking about stripping the paint and just going with the "bare" alloy frame and some clear coating, similar to their MY14 S-Works Allez frameset.
Has anyone done this before? Anything to consider? What would be the potential weight saving?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Talrand

by Talrand

joesch wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:29 am
Interesting to see that they have changed the colour/visibility of the branding on the silver frames between MY23/MY24. The Specialized logo is hardly visible on my frame, no matter what the light is like.
[..]
AKA the 'Reverse Trek' :mrgreen: