1X frame without front derailleur hanger

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Speedman

by Speedman

Hi guys,
I’m crazy about the 1X style, imo it’s clean, light and so sexyyyy !
So I’m looking for a frame without front derailleur hanger : removable or without any hanger (does modern bikes discs still exist with necklace front fixation ?). Something in the 3T Strada style but with all modern charactéristics : internal routing, discs brake, dropped seat stays…

Many of gravel bikes have some characteristics but I’m looking for a competitive building, I ride 15000kms/y and some elite races so I want avoid comfy-oriented bikes.

The BERK All-Road frameset could match thanks to the necklace front derailleur (sorry I’m not sure with the translation of the “necklace mount” concept ; I mean the other système of fixing front derailleur without any hanger). But it’s so expensive for a relatively unknown frame builder and the frame is very close to be a gravel one.

Do you know or brand/model who can match with my expectations ?

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

Vielo R+1 frame?

Given the Classified Hub seems to be gaining momentum I can see removable front mech hangers becomming more common.
Last edited by CampagYOLO on Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

You can look for frames that use clamp FDs?

Alternatively, the Cipollini Ad.One and Parlee RZ7 are aero frames with FD blanking plates

Speedman

by Speedman

StiffWeenies wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:14 pm
You can look for frames that use clamp FDs?

Alternatively, the Cipollini Ad.One and Parlee RZ7 are aero frames with FD blanking plates
Yesss, "clamp front derailleur" is exactly what I want to mean by "necklace fixation" !
Do you know modern bike using it ?

jayjay

by jayjay

Maybe Festka is something for you?

alwaystimetotorque

by alwaystimetotorque

Don't think that you have to limit yourself to a more traditional frame with a round seat tube that uses a clamp on front mech. You could pretty much go for whatever frame you wanted. You can always drill out the front mech holder rivets and tidy up the frame. Any decent frame repair company could do this for you for not a lot of money.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Can always cover it up. I covered up front mount, rear derailleur hole, front derailleur wire hole, underneath the frame and outside right of the fork (thru axle).
No holes or ugly covers anywhere.
Just pure carbon
Attachments
IMG_20230110_210602.jpg