Di2 Cheat Sheets are here!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

decade

by decade

Hi
A unamed person in my house is fond of cross chaining her 9150 Di2 kit 50 front ring with the 34 largest cog (yes I know it the 11-34 not officially supported but it works). However quite often when in the 50 and 34 the chain drops to the smallest chainring. My question is, can I use the etube software to block her using the 50 and 34 in combo?
cheers

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Unfortunately, no. But you could possibly enable synchro shift which will disallow the big big combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KonaSS

by KonaSS

Hoping someone can point me in a direction to troubleshoot my di2. I have 11 speed Di2 Ultegra factory installed on a Specialized SL7.

My problem is the battery drains in about 2 weeks, often leaving me stranded. I just fully charged on August 14th and it died on me this morning, Aug. 31. I took it to the shop, and they replaced the seatpost battery under warranty, but this didn't change anything.

What can I, or what can I ask my shop to do to diganose and fix this issue?

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

KonaSS wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:16 pm
Hoping someone can point me in a direction to troubleshoot my di2. I have 11 speed Di2 Ultegra factory installed on a Specialized SL7.

My problem is the battery drains in about 2 weeks, often leaving me stranded. I just fully charged on August 14th and it died on me this morning, Aug. 31. I took it to the shop, and they replaced the seatpost battery under warranty, but this didn't change anything.

What can I, or what can I ask my shop to do to diganose and fix this issue?
Try swapping out the E-Tube junction. I've had two of those go bad over the years, and they lead to accelerated battery drain.

RDY

by RDY

With the bad initial batches of cassettes, was it the 24T on the 11-34 that was typically giving people issues? I remember it being one or some of the higher sprockets.

Using one of the early batch 11-34 DA cassettes at the moment, and the 24T when matched with the big ring makes drag and stuttering noises all the time. It feels awful if you put more than 200W on it, so I avoid using it. It's not perfect in the small ring (though much better). The cogs above it (even the 34T matched with the 52T) are perfect. It looks like it's too close to the cog above it and the chain is hitting it - though I'm not 100% sure this is the noise. RD is trimmed properly and the FD isn't touching the chain.

ChrisF

by ChrisF

Hi all. Question for the group.

I love the "idea" of Sycroshift and tried it on my Di2 Groups. The issue I had was that I could not replicate via programming my shift behavior when starting up a hill...which is:
- shift the cassette up 2 gears (harder)
- drop to the small ring (easier)

Syncroshift did the opposite sequencing so I'd spin up crazy fast then it would add 2 gears up on the cassette. Can my preferred behavior be replicated on the newer 12 speed groups or is the programming the same?

TerryDi2C
in the industry

by TerryDi2C

You cannot change the order of shifts, no :(

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I have 6800 series di2 tt groupset with the 2 button extension shifters. I have an external battery as an internal won't fit in my frame. If i buy the new external battery mount (bm-dn100) and a bluetooth module(ew-wu111) can i use the app to reconfigure my shift buttons? Is there an easier way to reconfigure shift buttons without buying the diagnostic module?
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TerryDi2C
in the industry

by TerryDi2C

Yes, if you buy the BM-DN100 and the EW-WU111, then you can reconfigure things using the app.

Alternatives...

If you have the SM-EW90-B 5-port junction, you could also buy / find on ebay the SM-BCR2 charger. It won't charge your bike, but will act as a PC interface and let you change settings using e-tube project 3.4.5 or 4.0.4.
(Just do NOT update your battery mount using the SM-BCR2 :))

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Terry,

I have just finished an R9200 DI2 rim brake build and I can't figure out how to check the charge on the battery.

Do you know how?

Cheers,
Geoff

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I believe it's one quick press of the button on the RD. I also add a 'battery level' field on my Garmin GPS so I could see the level in %.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:41 pm
I believe it's one quick press of the button on the RD. I also add a 'battery level' field on my Garmin GPS so I could see the level in %.
Cheers. That's it, thanks.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:46 pm
Terry,

I have just finished an R9200 DI2 rim brake build and I can't figure out how to check the charge on the battery.

Do you know how?

Cheers,
Geoff
Did you look at the original post in this thread? That's quite literally the information posted

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:11 pm
BdaGhisallo wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:46 pm
Terry,

Do you know how?

Cheers,
Geoff
Did you look at the original post in this thread? That's quite literally the information posted
No, I must admit that I didn't. I was lazy.

TriBenji

by TriBenji

I am thinking about mounting sprint shifters on my aerobars on my roadbike. I have ultegra 8100 12 speed.

I understand that the DURA-ACE SW-RS801-E has a 740mm length that will fit well, but i can just find the shorter variants online. Will the sprint shifters accept a extender cord with a SD300 cable? So that i can use a RS801 100mm and extend with a cable?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com