Cannondale Super six leichtbau

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Think that says for painted frame and hardware. Doesn't say fork.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

eucalyptus wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:59 am
maxima wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:33 am
BTW, what is the weight of the new Cannondale Supersix leichtbau? Frame + Fork = 750g? Doesn't sound like it is a 90g weight reduction!! I own the Cannondale supersix HM version and the frame without fork is anbout 760g without the Fork, I assume fork is 360g = 1120g vs 750g of Limited leichtbau frameset? The saving is 370g!!! I've also the S works Aethos at 560g frame + 350g fork = 910g!!!! So Cannondale leichtbau is lighter than S-Works Aethos? If this even possible?
Lol
frame + fork 750g

on what planet are these physics possible
Even if it was, my guess it would be super brittle and noodle would have a new face.
I like the idea of ww:ism, but some components simply aren't satisfying.
A stem that have a lack of torsional stiffness + a handlebar that has same features is just annoying.
Personally i also hate saddles that dip in the middle. Or even worse, where the rail attach close to the nose.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

So, I did buy one of these. Partly out of my homage to my original nano which was my favorite bike ever (why did I never sell it!). Amusingly the guy who’s killing the sportive circuit is running that gen nano with Mavic CCU tubs with Gatorskins, KIR!

It came with this FSA bb, Antoine know what crankset it is for? I have an FSA bb386evo power meter, is it for that or an sisl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxima

by maxima

Well 750g frame with a bulky super heavy stem/handlebar is just a waste.....doesn't see whats the deal. The Cannondale website stated frameset? Frameset = frame and Folk and in some case include seat post --> how you define framset varies with brands. But a Frame is a Frame only!!! :roll: 750g frame is nothing to shout about or market for :cry:
MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:46 am
Think that says for painted frame and hardware. Doesn't say fork.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

ultyguy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:42 am
So, I did buy one of these. Partly out of my homage to my original nano which was my favorite bike ever (why did I never sell it!). Amusingly the guy who’s killing the sportive circuit is running that gen nano with Mavic CCU tubs with Gatorskins, KIR!

It came with this FSA bb, Antoine know what crankset it is for? I have an FSA bb386evo power meter, is it for that or an sisl?

Pics of the frame, fork and seatpost!
What size did you get?
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

man1ac

by man1ac

ultyguy wrote:

If its 30mm it should be SRAM and if its 24mm it should be Shimano? Id assume there will be adapters?
On the SuperSix page for a Dura-Ace version it says: Bottom Bracket FSA PF30A to 24mm Reducer. So youll probably have the BB in the pic. Look for a reducer?!

Karvalo

by Karvalo

ultyguy wrote:
Assume it's 30mm diameter? Just measure the assembled width and you'll soon see if it needs crank spacers for the 386Evo. If it isn't visibly spaced out on one side already then it almost certainly does.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

maxima wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:44 am
Well 750g frame with a bulky super heavy stem/handlebar is just a waste.....doesn't see whats the deal. The Cannondale website stated frameset? Frameset = frame and Folk and in some case include seat post --> how you define framset varies with brands. But a Frame is a Frame only!!! :roll: 750g frame is nothing to shout about or market for :cry:
Come on man. You don't have to use the Hollowgram bars and stem, you can build it with pretty much anything including ultralight non-integrated cable routing bars and stems.

And again, 750g for a frame and fork. It was never in a million years going to be that, not when you're weighing it on this planet anyway. One of the lightest production frame/fork combos is still the old rim brake Addict SL that came in around 995g for a 54cm - and those rim brake forks are realistically going to be 100g lighter than a safe and functional disc fork. You'd literally need the frame itself to weigh sub 400g to make that maths work. Never gonna happen.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

rothwem wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:05 pm
tarmackev wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:43 pm
This thread shows how much times have changed.
A super light limited edition frame is released and the thread gets no love at all!
Looking at the other threads that are above it shows a HUGE change in cycling, perhaps the demographic of this site as well.

:noidea:

https://www.cannondale.com/en-eu/bikes/ ... d-frameset
Is it possible that even WeightWeenies(TM) are tired of being price gouged for minimal improvements?
I didnt mean to come of so grumpy.
I was just surprised how litte love there was a current weightweenie bike, like others have said if i'd seen the 2023 bike thread It's all on there.

I've always loved Cannondale, my favourite are being the mid-late 2000's when they had some amazing SRAM Red builds with lots of trick (Is that still a word?) parts.

I'm not everly keen on any biked with a dropped stay, it's such a visibly striking change to a frame that it makes all slight differences that used to be between brands and their frames akmost invisible. All the bikes today do look very similar even though there are tons of differences. a decade ago you could tell mest bikes by their silhouette.
Also on the newer Cannondale's I don't feel any performance benefit over the previous versions. I've gone from a 2015 Hi-Mod SuperX disc to the new SuperSix Evo CX. If I had to close my eyes I honestly think I prefer the older version. I know I have internal cables and I'm slightly more aero but I'm comfier or faster.
As others have said it does feel like the industry is becoming greedy as all the mega companies swollow up the brands I know from my youth.
I'd love to speak to somebody who's worked at Cannondale for 20+ years and see how much of the original ethos and spirit is still their?
A lot of what I loved about the brand has gone, instead of lusting over the entire range I have squint and if I'm lucky I find a couple of bikes that are nice, that being said I loved the Palace EF bikes and kit.

defride

by defride

I've a 15 Evo HM Black with the Nano Carbon resin. It's a dream to ride, while I'm considering something slippery in the near future I won't be parting with it. I changed the frame, moving parts from a standard Evo HM of the same era a few years back. As I remember it the standard frame was great, very solid, unremarkable on the flats but when you stomped on the pedals it really responded. The Nano version rides different, handling is the same but there's a more lively feel, willing you to go faster, skipping over blemishes in the road and more comfortable. IIRC it came in at 706g where the HM in green and white was north of 800

Two things come to mind, By comparison will the new carbon and drop in weight offer up similar changes to the way the bike feels to ride? I 'd guess this'll be a launch pad for a new verison with limited changes and the new carbon the main difference?

C36

by C36

tarmackev wrote: This thread shows how much times have changed.
A super light limited edition frame is released and the thread gets no love at all!

[…]
I was just surprised how litte love there was a current weightweenie bike, like others have said if i'd seen the 2023 bike thread It's all on there.
Simple, the SSevo3 is not a as good riding bike than the evo2 was (leaving the braking systems aside). Heavier, marginally more aero and doesn’t behave as good either sprinting or climbing. At the end it didn’t made nearly the same impression than the two previous Evos did.

This version is light but not crazy light (aethos is lighter) and I am not seeing how it will make the bike really better. I would rather be looking for the evo4 whenever it comes.

Mocs123

by Mocs123

I'd love a Cannondale Super Six Leichtbau but I'm currently not able to afford a new build with a frameset of that price. I'm not sure how 750g compares to current high end frame weights, but I assume it's probably lighter than most other than the Aethos. My 2015 Wilier Zero.7 frame is 790g which was pretty high end at the time.

My LBS sells Cannondale as their top tier brand, and therefore I see a lot of local riders riding Cannondale frames, but as C36 states I see a lot of SSevo2's but very few SSevo3's - perhaps that is somewhat due to supply issues, but it doesn't seem as popluar as the older versions. I know it's personal preference, but I've not been a fan of Cannondale's paint schemes recently either.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

hannawald

by hannawald

C36 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:13 pm
tarmackev wrote: This thread shows how much times have changed.

[…]
Simple, the SSevo3 is not a as good riding bike than the evo2 was (leaving the braking systems aside). Heavier, marginally more aero and doesn’t behave as good either sprinting or climbing. At the end it didn’t made nearly the same impression than the two previous Evos did.

This version is light but not crazy light (aethos is lighter) and I am not seeing how it will make the bike really better. I would rather be looking for the evo4 whenever it comes.
Interesting. As for the reviews they are all great, it was voted Bikeradar Bike of the Year If I am not mistaken. I used to have the bike and it was riding great, similar to other superbikes, but I am not a good tester:)

C36

by C36

hannawald wrote: Interesting. As for the reviews they are all great, it was voted Bikeradar Bike of the Year If I am not mistaken. I used to have the bike and it was riding great, similar to other superbikes, but I am not a good tester:)
Initially, (some) EF riders didn’t like it and some ran the Evo2 when the evo3 was already available. Then some rode the rim version since they found the behaviour better than the disc.

At a completely different level, when my Evo2HM developed a small crack under the seatpost clamping area, the LBS offered me a very good deal on a complete evo3HM if I gave him the evo2 I would have back from warranty. I rode for a W-E a very high end evo3 (DA, custom Enve wheels, pro-vibe SL aero bars… gp5k… light bits Red cassette, latex tube, titanium parts) and it was not as reactive as the evo2.

So I ended up with a 2019 evo2HM.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

C36 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:52 pm
hannawald wrote: Interesting. As for the reviews they are all great, it was voted Bikeradar Bike of the Year If I am not mistaken. I used to have the bike and it was riding great, similar to other superbikes, but I am not a good tester:)
Initially, (some) EF riders didn’t like it and some ran the Evo2 when the evo3 was already available. Then some rode the rim version since they found the behaviour better than the disc.

At a completely different level, when my Evo2HM developed a small crack under the seatpost clamping area, the LBS offered me a very good deal on a complete evo3HM if I gave him the evo2 I would have back from warranty. I rode for a W-E a very high end evo3 (DA, custom Enve wheels, pro-vibe SL aero bars… gp5k… light bits Red cassette, latex tube, titanium parts) and it was not as reactive as the evo2.

So I ended up with a 2019 evo2HM.
Oh, that's not a good review of evo3. Was your evo2 a rim brake design and the evo3 a disc brake version?
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com