Rotor 2INPower crankset quick review

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WonderSausage

by WonderSausage

Others such as DCRainmaker have covered the power accuracy so I won't go into that. Just some purely mechanical notes.

The 2INPower can use two completely different chainring arrangements; either the DM (direct mount) option which is one-piece like AXS with an integrated spider, or the "Aero MAS" spider with separate 110x4 chainrings. I'm a sprinter, so after exchanging some messages with Rotor I decided to go with the aero setup because it's stiffer.

2INPower positives:

- Single SKU with a long 30mm axle fits up through 86.5mm wide BB386. Obviously this isn't an advantage if you're buying it for a specific bike (mine is BB30) but it's nice if you ever want to move it to a bike with a different 30mm BB standard, or if you want to resell it, because it makes the target market larger.

- Single BCD for all chainring sizes!

- Super high-quality CNC manufacturing that shows. Made in Spain.

- Companion app with rich data analysis over BT Smart.

- Stiff.

- USB rechargeable (Yes! No more CR2032 nonsense).

- Great support from ROTOR over social media, and super fast ship (got a text message with a tracking number 15m from ordering).

2INPower negatives:

- Due to the long universal axle, the crank arms are arrow-straight, increasing the chances of ankle bone knocks. I would not recommend these cranks to someone using high-float cleats. I'm using SPD-SL Blue (2 degrees float) and still had like one knock per ride but I'm sure the negative reinforcement will kick in and I'll stop doing that. Note I'm coming off of Specialized S-Works carbon crank arms which are highly angled and have lots of clearance.

- Chainline is a few mm outboard vs. my previous Specialized crank causing increased friction when 1 gear cross chained.

- The non-drive-side arm bolt has a note attached that says the warranty is void if you remove the bolt. Basically, the semicircle for the axle is under tension and if you unscrew the bolt just far enough it will pop and you'd have to use a vise to get it re-threaded. This caused me some anxiety in unscrewing it enough to mount, without unscrewing it too much. Ideally they should round over the small end of the bolt to keep it from coming completely out, even if that would add a few grams, just to make their customers more comfortable.

- Don't lose the proprietary magnetic USB charging cable.

- High price by today's standards.
Deleteme2.PNG

MichaelB

by MichaelB

I've got the prior version (with the 5x110 BCD) for the Llewllyn that I'm waiting to get built up. Bought it s/hand and in perfect condition for A$850.

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com