The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AJS914

by AJS914

RDY wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:45 am
This photo shows only hydraulic hoses on Campag ... could just be product photos ... or ....?
Maybe the derailleur cables go through the bars and into the stem? That bike has a derailleur cable on the rear.

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Probably they cut some corners and left them away from sale pics. Through the stem and bar there would be really tight bends for cables.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

I see the derailleur cable on the black model. It's weird because you can also see the crimped cable at the derailleur on the blue model.

Konsi

by Konsi

Also, nice choice of Princeton Wheels for the photos :)

velocipedeimp

by velocipedeimp

The ADHX shown has the Deda Superbox stem. The cables go under the stem into a channel that allows the wires to run inside the headset and frame. This design allows for much easier setup of internally routed systems and you can use any handlebar. The stem weighs a bunch at 179 grams but it's very nice for mechanics who hate internal routing shift and brake wires.

ArtifactsInMotion

by ArtifactsInMotion

Konsi wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:58 pm
Also, nice choice of Princeton Wheels for the photos :)
There are few other brands bringing such high levels of engineering to their products, so who better? Maybe Parrington, but not nearly as striking.
'22 Orbea Orca Aero 57cm, DA92, Bontrager RSL62, GP5KSTR 28mm, Roval Rapide Cockpit, SLR Superflow Carbonio, 7.8kg

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

I wish Princeton made sealed rims like Campagnolo does for their carbon 2-way fit wheels. Wonderful rims and technology, but I hate running rim tape with a passion.

And is riding a set of WTO wheels really that bad of a thing?

purplecu22

by purplecu22

how do we date time bicycle frames? I bought a time lugged rsrs ulteam. I wondering if i bought a fake or a real one. Is there way to tell. its a di2 only black out model. Second is. i cant find if there is a weight limit on this frame. It has a ISP. and I know im stupid. I weigh 220LBS. But love those luggs.

Can. any Time lovers help??

velocipedeimp

by velocipedeimp

purplecu22 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:19 am
how do we date time bicycle frames? I bought a time lugged rsrs ulteam. I wondering if i bought a fake or a real one. Is there way to tell. its a di2 only black out model. Second is. i cant find if there is a weight limit on this frame. It has a ISP. and I know im stupid. I weigh 220LBS. But love those luggs.

Can. any Time lovers help??

The serial number tells the year of the frame. It's usually the first set of numbers on the serial number decal.
Regarding the weight limit question, there isn't one on this frame.

m4k1

by m4k1

If it has the quickset headset and the carbon weave of the steerer is black and white (carbon and vectran) it is a real time frame

Konsi

by Konsi

EvilEuro wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:39 pm
I wish Princeton made sealed rims like Campagnolo does for their carbon 2-way fit wheels. Wonderful rims and technology, but I hate running rim tape with a passion.

And is riding a set of WTO wheels really that bad of a thing?
I ride my PCWs tubeless without rim tape?

purplecu22

by purplecu22

I would like to thank everyone for their help. I found a sticker on the inside of the chain stay. The S/N449XLXX. cant be the year it was made. I have a EN14 78X above the s/n.

So made in 2014. 78x production item?

It has. the pf30. and the time headset system and the weave in the fork. Where the seatmast intersects with the chain stay. I have what looks like a small clear coat lifting. The person who had it before me was tall. I will need to cut the seat mast some. LIke 4 cm. I dont see any cracks at all.

I normally do not like ISP bikes. Ive read, that the early model were flexy in the ISO to seat stay? Anyone know.

I absolutley. love the lugs and look of this bike. I have always wanted a time bike and a look 585. I know have both.

I wish the bike had the original time stem. but it doesnt. I put a eastom full carbon ea90sl.

Thanks once again for everyones help here.

m4k1

by m4k1

Pics!

velocipedeimp

by velocipedeimp

purplecu22 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:47 pm
I would like to thank everyone for their help. I found a sticker on the inside of the chain stay. The S/N449XLXX. cant be the year it was made. I have a EN14 78X above the s/n.

So made in 2014. 78x production item?

It has. the pf30. and the time headset system and the weave in the fork. Where the seatmast intersects with the chain stay. I have what looks like a small clear coat lifting. The person who had it before me was tall. I will need to cut the seat mast some. LIke 4 cm. I dont see any cracks at all.

I normally do not like ISP bikes. Ive read, that the early model were flexy in the ISO to seat stay? Anyone know.

I absolutley. love the lugs and look of this bike. I have always wanted a time bike and a look 585. I know have both.

I wish the bike had the original time stem. but it doesnt. I put a eastom full carbon ea90sl.

Thanks once again for everyones help here.

Yes, it's a 2014 model frame.
Regarding the flex in ISP frames, I have a VXRS with the Translink seattube/post and I don't notice the flex. And my frame is significantly thinner/smaller tubing diameter than your RXRS Ulteam. And I'm over 200 pounds and 6'3 if that helps at all.
And you can always get an original stem. They still offer them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Konsi wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:07 pm
I ride my PCWs tubeless without rim tape?
Well what do you know! For some reason I thought that they had spoke holes in their rims and required rim tape. Turns out that they don't.

Thanks for the future hurt on my wallet.