Chinese ultralight handlebar passed SGS quality certification

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

Has anyone received the falcon variant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rigocop

by rigocop

Wai8 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:44 pm
Weber wrote:Does anyone know stem stacks of both version. Canary & Falcon?
I had an email from Avian regarding the Falcon and they said it was 32.6mm in height

I measured the Canary myself, 3.3cm stack height.

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

Aryeh wrote:The included mounting bolts for the computer mount on the Avian Canary are very heavy.
I got some titanium bolts instead.ImageImage
What size were the replacement bolts?

Aryeh

by Aryeh

BadBoyR wrote:
Aryeh wrote:The included mounting bolts for the computer mount on the Avian Canary are very heavy.
I got some titanium bolts instead.ImageImage
What size were the replacement bolts?

M5x14mm

ullmanz

by ullmanz

BadBoyR wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:19 pm
Has anyone received the falcon variant?

I received mine already, but went on vacation before I had time to install it.
I can give some feedback mid of January
Specialized SL7 - 7.1kg including Garmin mount, bottle cages and pedals

Wai8

by Wai8

Interestingly enough I cancelled my order on AliExpress while they were still processing the order, and they messaged to ask why etc. I told them that I’m not interested if there is too much flex in the bars. They replied to say that the Canary bars are soft but the Falcon bars are hard!Image

Aryeh

by Aryeh

The included mount with the Canary is pretty heavy despite being made from Carbon.
I found an alloy mount on AliExpress that after swapping some steel bolts for Titanium and Aluminum ones is quite a bit lighter. This alloy mount would probably be even lighter without that hinge that I don't use.ImageImage

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

Aryeh wrote:The included mount with the Canary is pretty heavy despite being made from Carbon.
I found an alloy mount on AliExpress that after swapping some steel bolts for Titanium and Aluminum ones is quite a bit lighter. This alloy mount would probably be even lighter without that hinge that I don't use.ImageImage
Great info, do you have a link to the alloy version?

Aryeh

by Aryeh

BadBoyR wrote:
Aryeh wrote:The included mount with the Canary is pretty heavy despite being made from Carbon.
Great info, do you have a link to the alloy version?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_ms2ATmy

DA7800

by DA7800

I've done two rides totalling 350km on my new canary so far (244g for 380x90 with bolts, so potentially a stronger one) and it's been great. I haven't really noticed any worrying flex and if anything the tiny bit of flex there is has given me a bit more comfort. This is compared to the standard elilee bars I had that are very stiff, but they also didn't really have bar tape while I set up the canary with exs airtape.

I modified the standard out front mount by removing the GoPro mount and swapping the garmin cradle to bolt from below, then got a 3D printed gopro adapter made by ConcentricCycling local to me. I don't like the light mounted right at the end, I prefer it under the bar. And will definitely prefer that come winter when heavy lights are back.

I am interested in finding a lighter spoon style front mount though, the flat mounting plane should make this easier than with other bars.
Attachments
FD4F5FE1-66CD-4D9C-903D-B9BBFD52DDA3.jpeg
54DB5D92-17A8-408D-B99E-5FF28E4D837A.jpeg

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Does the Avian Canary have left/right cable exit holes near the stem suitable for rim brake routing?
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Here you go!

As an aside Image, just about to list a new set 420x110 on the classifieds.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Beancouter wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:58 pm
Here you go!

As an aside Image, just about to list a new set 420x110 on the classifieds.
Thanks! Looking for a narrower + longer setup though ;)
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

rigocop

by rigocop

I also had a chance to try it out on the road. Bar felt extremely flexible when leaning on it at home, but is not very noticebale on the road I have to be honest. When climbing and putting a lot of torque through the bike, you can visibly see the entire bar flex from left to right but you really have to be swinging the bike to notice. Apart from the rough finishing on the inside that can be somewhat taken care of with some sanding down around the cable entry points, and the heavy computer mount that I am looking to replace, bar seems ok... Better than expected with the whole flex thing on the road.
Also, there is no Wahoo mount included, only a Bryton and Garmin one. You have to botch it by turning the Garmin mount 90 degrees and it doesn't fit all that great with a Wahoo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timuk

by Timuk

My Arian Falcon bars arrived in UK today. I ordered the 'Version 1' bars under advice from Ali shop, rather than V2 due to fit with my Elves Falath Evo.

Whilst not yet fitted, finish looks good, packaging was excellent, and 2 full sets of spacers/fittings included.

Cost of the v1 was £145 to UK delivered. Weight 287g in 110x38, so very happy at this stage. Took about a month, which with Christmas/New Year and a holdup at customs is ok for me.