New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

bedampft wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:24 pm
BikeTyson wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:00 am
Given the new TCR just got released, what would you pay for a previous model SL frameset? A local guy is selling pretty new one with low miles and gave me the "make me an offer" which I personally hate. Just tell me the lowest number you'll take man. It's raw carbon so I was thinking of picking up the EXS fork to hide the cables.
And I always hate people wanting to pay less, but not having the balls to ask. I mean: my price is in the listing, if you want to pay less, it's your turn to make an offer. If not, move along. :roll:
The price wasn't in the listing that's the problem. There is no baseline price. He literally just says, make me an offer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JMOS

by JMOS

Are there any readers in this thread that can name me an online bike store in Taiwan that

- is selling Giant
- is willing to ship to EU
- speaks English

?

Might be a bit of a long stretch...

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

What do you guys say about this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4dm3_Os4ks ... k0Yjc2OQ==

This is a serious QC issue. Anyone having the same problem?

I was planning to buy the new SL but now have serious doubts.
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

js

by js

The link is to a private account. Could you share a screen shot?

bedampft

by bedampft

BikeTyson wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:41 pm
bedampft wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:24 pm
BikeTyson wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:00 am
Given the new TCR just got released, what would you pay for a previous model SL frameset? A local guy is selling pretty new one with low miles and gave me the "make me an offer" which I personally hate. Just tell me the lowest number you'll take man. It's raw carbon so I was thinking of picking up the EXS fork to hide the cables.
And I always hate people wanting to pay less, but not having the balls to ask. I mean: my price is in the listing, if you want to pay less, it's your turn to make an offer. If not, move along. :roll:
The price wasn't in the listing that's the problem. There is no baseline price. He literally just says, make me an offer.
Oh well. This sucks hard then.

EtoDemerzel

by EtoDemerzel

cant see a private link. But, GIANT is one company that will stand behind their products. I wouldn't have any concerns.
It will probably be corrected before anyone actually obtains them en masse

shotgun1

by shotgun1

DCcyclist wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:31 pm
What do you guys say about this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4dm3_Os4ks ... k0Yjc2OQ==

This is a serious QC issue. Anyone having the same problem?

I was planning to buy the new SL but now have serious doubts.
Sorry can't see the post as IG account it a private one. care to share what the issue is?
2021 Giant TCR Advanced SL0 Disc 6.8kg
2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Disc 7.9kg
2017 Festka Scalatore 5.375kg

Original account [shotgun]: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10594

Upcountry

by Upcountry

I'm guessing here, but I'm betting its in relation to the seat mast cap on the last two generations of the TCR... I have no idea if its been resolved on the new one, but I'd hope so. I had a 2020 TCR SL and ran a pretty hefty wrap of some brass shim stock( 0.002") to get the topper to fit properly, otherwise it took significantly overtightinening the clamp, which then only really clamped on a portion of the carbon mast.

bobones

by bobones

Just to counter that: I have an MY21 SL and have had zero issues with the mast topper and haven't had to touch it in over 2 years since I cut about 1cm off it. No shims, no tape, no overtightening, no rocking or looseness, no creaking, just rock solid, set and forget. So many naysayers regarding the SL seat mast, but I can get my bike in the boot of my car no problem, so it's never been an issue for me.

ItalianEngineering

by ItalianEngineering

It is probably that since that was his primary gripe with the ISP. I'm waiting for my request to follow to be approved :D

I contacted avian about the 2024 TCR compatibility with the canary handlebar. I'm probably overthinking it but I was a little confused on what was necessary and also if the existing spacer options (TCR OD2, Propel) would fit or do they need to make a new piece. Would it be the adaptor as the previous TCR?

Their response was "Yes, we have it. You can order handlebar directly, there is 1 piece free spacer in it."

I'm not yet ready to order but if anyone has before, will they email me and I respond that I want it for the 2024 TCR? I didn't see an option yet in the order form to add any notes before going to paypal.

bobones

by bobones

If you're doing this on the Avian AliX store, then your order appears in the message history with the seller and you can add a comment there and also on the payment page.

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

Upcountry wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:41 am
I'm guessing here, but I'm betting its in relation to the seat mast cap on the last two generations of the TCR... I have no idea if its been resolved on the new one, but I'd hope so. I had a 2020 TCR SL and ran a pretty hefty wrap of some brass shim stock( 0.002") to get the topper to fit properly, otherwise it took significantly overtightinening the clamp, which then only really clamped on a portion of the carbon mast.
My apologies to everyone; I didn't know his IG was private, and I will not post his vid here. Yes, it was about the seat mast cap, but it was about it not being straight. He says the new TCR didn't address issues related to the seat mast. I trust Peak Torque's judgment, but it seems like some of the problems can be fixed easily. I'm not sure you can do anything about the angle being off, tho. Anyway, I am still seriously considering the new TCR. There's a really good deal on a used SL7, so that's another option, but I thought the SL7 was a bit sluggish compared to TCR on a recent test ride. I kind of want something new even if it's not as lively.
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

bedampft

by bedampft

DCcyclist wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:27 pm
Upcountry wrote:
My apologies to everyone; I didn't know his IG was private, and I will not post his vid here. Yes, it was about the seat mast cap, but it was about it not being straight. He says the new TCR didn't address issues related to the seat mast. I trust Peak Torque's judgment, but it seems like some of the problems can be fixed easily. I'm not sure you can do anything about the angle being off, tho. Anyway, I am still seriously considering the new TCR. There's a really good deal on a used SL7, so that's another option, but I thought the SL7 was a bit sluggish compared to TCR on a recent test ride. I kind of want something new even if it's not as lively.
Have been selling Giant since 2014 now, never had any issues with the ISP's. Not on any customer bikes, or any of my own eleven bikes with ISPs so far.

ItalianEngineering wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:56 pm
It is probably that since that was his primary gripe with the ISP. I'm waiting for my request to follow to be approved :D

I contacted avian about the 2024 TCR compatibility with the canary handlebar. I'm probably overthinking it but I was a little confused on what was necessary and also if the existing spacer options (TCR OD2, Propel) would fit or do they need to make a new piece. Would it be the adaptor as the previous TCR?

Their response was "Yes, we have it. You can order handlebar directly, there is 1 piece free spacer in it."

I'm not yet ready to order but if anyone has before, will they email me and I respond that I want it for the 2024 TCR? I didn't see an option yet in the order form to add any notes before going to paypal.
If you order through Panda Podium it's easier to choose Adapters and Spacers. Prices are the same, also the lead time. I ordered a Falcon 2 for my Propel a week ago.

TwiggyForest

by TwiggyForest

DCcyclist wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:27 pm
Upcountry wrote:
Another complaint is that the seat isn't straight with the top tube. A little movement in the clamp you can shim but a permanently crooked seat would annoy me way more.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com