Farsports F1 Integrated Handlebar/Stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ericlambi

by ericlambi

wheelsONfire wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:17 pm
Yeah, i would guess they know not to drill the structural part, so i would use it!
That's the problem, it is a little bit of a guess. I'm doubtful even the engineer knows with certainty. Certainly the bar wasn't tested this way. I do realize it's common for AL stems to have this cavity, but I'm more concerned by the edges they made and the overall size of the hole they created than the existence of any hole. I'm not saying it is definitively unsafe, just I feel uncertain enough about it that I don't feel it's worth it for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ericlambi

by ericlambi

Maddie wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:40 pm
Yo, that's a big hole for sure... What's the dimensions of the bar/stem? 380/110mm?
It's a 360/100 as labeled, but 360/110 in real life. The reach is quite short though, labeled 73, but I hardly believe that . . . looks more like 65-70. My reason for wanting the bar at all was the availability of the 360 option, which is extremely uncommon. The only other one I could find was Vision Metron, but it has an absurdly short stem and was not compatible with my bike in any case.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger for the farsport F1 400x100mm. How do you rate the quality and finish for this handlebar ?

From reading I like the fact that the stem is longer and a short reach. A bit like the bmc handlebars very short reach and longer stem.

Do these bars flare out in the drops ?

ericlambi

by ericlambi

wickedstealthy wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:37 pm
I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger for the farsport F1 400x100mm. How do you rate the quality and finish for this handlebar ?

From reading I like the fact that the stem is longer and a short reach. A bit like the bmc handlebars very short reach and longer stem.

Do these bars flare out in the drops ?
Well, the short reach is one thing, the stem length can be whatever you want, they should just label it correctly. I don't have the bar in my hands this second, but don't believe there is any flare. Quality and finish are not as good as higher end handlebar brands IMO. This was meant to replace a Black Inc barstem that was a bit too long for me . . . I wanted the 36 and not to pay $650 to replace . . . But the Black Inc is just way nicer looking and feeling.

C36

by C36

Yes they flare, around 2cm.
For the dimensions, there is no absolute ways to measure reach on a combo but what is sure is that stem length + official reach = the real extension you would have. Now I would agree that yes, I would have labelled the stem longer and the bar shorter. On my case that free a bit the sprinting position so it was a good surprise.

Finish is solid and really not seeing differences with other night end components used on the past.

ericlambi

by ericlambi

C36 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:01 pm
For the dimensions, there is no absolute ways to measure reach on a combo but what is sure is that stem length + official reach = the real extension you would have. Now I would agree that yes, I would have labelled the stem longer and the bar shorter. On my case that free a bit the sprinting position so it was a good surprise.
This does not surprise me to hear because the bar reach definitely doesn't look like 73.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

C36 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:01 pm

Finish is solid and really not seeing differences with other night end components used on the past.
I wanted to have some confirmation about the reality vs what they tell ;) I really like that it's short reach, some flare and longer stem. More room voor my knees, more leverage in sprinting and hardly have my hands not on the hoods grabbing the shifters or in the drops. So don't care about having more room due to longer reach of the handlebar.

I like the deda Alanera but it depends when they can deliver. It is promised together with my V3rs in March now.
But deda is not sure so seeking an alternative;)

Rougesim

by Rougesim

Just got my new bike built up with Farsports F1 bars.
I've noticed a depression/dip on the stem (see pics)
My older version of the bar don't have this. Does anyone else have this issue on their bars?

It's very minor however for a $400 bar I'd expect better quality control?

Thanks
Attachments
0D4683EA-82B5-4AEA-B548-4FFFACFEAB38.jpeg
E2506B9E-AA04-4BC6-B8C1-59C44E972B6B.jpeg
8C1AB77C-D1FB-40AA-8183-7F158A14EBFE.jpeg

Maddie

by Maddie

That's definitely not ok and very unusual. I'd reach out to Farsports.

AAD

by AAD

Just put one on my SL7 S-Works Tarmac and went from 14.79 lbs. (always with pedals and stock SL7 stem and Zipp SL70 aero bar) to 14.55lbs, then swapped my winter DA pedals for my Ti Speedplays and it now weights 14.35 lbs. (49cm frame). Wheels are also FarSport. Bar is super comfortable.
Attachments
SL7 whiteONwhite.JPG
SL7 taped 003.JPG
SL7 taped 002.JPG

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Rougesim wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:41 am
My older version of the bar don't have this. Does anyone else have this issue on their bars?

Thanks
Have you reached out to them for a replacement?

Rougesim

by Rougesim

StiffWeenies wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:03 am
Rougesim wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:41 am

Thanks
Have you reached out to them for a replacement?
Offered partial refund. Decided to go with that ratchet than the hassle of removing and returning. They also extended warranty of the product. Not great but better than having to route those cables again 🤬🤷‍♂️

theStig

by theStig

got mine. 420x110 came in at 380g.

Housings for rim brakes routed pretty easy.

alanyu

by alanyu

theStig wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:01 pm

380 g including GPS mount?

theStig

by theStig

alanyu wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:14 pm
theStig wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:01 pm

380 g including GPS mount?
yes, including GPS mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com