Fitting Campag AFS rotors to CK R45 CL disc hubs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Eleven21

by Eleven21

The campagnolo afs rotors don’t come with centre lock rings but I think I’m safe in saying a Shimano lock ring will suffice.

Will the internally splined Shimano lock ring work? Or will i need lock rings with external splines?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The Chris King website says to use the externally splined HB20 lockring and visually I would concur with that. Both ends of the axle seem to have collars or collets on them even though the axle does taper a little bit. I can't imagine the cassette lockring tool would fit over the collar.

I had this very problem with White Industries CLDs. I needed to get special axles made with the radius at the ends reduced so I could use the internally splined lockrings with the hubs. The HB20 lockring would scrape my Emonda SLR's fork leg, and I had to temporarily use one with the edges ground away.

Eleven21

by Eleven21

I did check the Chris King website. The only mention of a rotor lock ring I could find was this

https://chrisking.com/collections/r45d- ... r-lockring

Eleven21

by Eleven21

TobinHatesYou wrote:The Chris King website says to use the externally splined HB20 lockring and visually I would concur with that. Both ends of the axle seem to have collars or collets on them even though the axle does taper a little bit. I can't imagine the cassette lockring tool would fit over the collar.
That’s great thanks

So this one

https://www.7hundred.co.uk/43612/produc ... gICePD_BwE

LiquidCooled

by LiquidCooled

If the HB20 lockring is too big (ie, it contacts your fork), you can take the lockring from Shimano’s 6-bolt to centerlock adapter kit (SM-RTAD05). The lockring in that kit is also externally splined, but is thinner than the HB20. That’s what I had to do for my TCR combined with a DT-Swiss 240s front hub.
2017 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc
2003 Cannondale R1000 (CAAD7)

Eleven21

by Eleven21

Thanks for tip.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

It is the external lockring. The hb20 is the thickest one. This is the thinnest Y24698030

https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/products/s ... or-locking

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

For general information, Campagnolo now sell the AFS lockring as a loose spare, Campagnolo part number M1-101
Shipping to SCs and distributors early 2020
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

Note the AFS lockring would work with Campy/Fulcrum AFS hubs only, not the center lock hub of Chris King (or any other brand).
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10