Cinelli Superstar disc- cassette clearance reardrop out help

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rich00

by rich00

Hi all,

I'm just about finised building up a Cinelli Superstar disc with Ultegra R8000. This is my first build with disc and I'm concerned about the clearence between the cassette and dropout. The lockring has been torqued to 40 nm.

Is this ok ???
Attachments
20190906_122402.jpg
20190906_122508 (1).jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Yes.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

rich00

by rich00

wheelbuilder wrote:Yes.
Thanks, anxiety levels have subsided now.Image

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

gorkypl

by gorkypl

It's OK.
And a lovely bike :)

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

Ritxis

by Ritxis

gorkypl wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:25 am
It's OK.
And a lovely bike :)

how much I regret selling it :cry: :cry:
IMG_20180722_134422314.jpg

GothicCastle

by GothicCastle

Looks normal to me.

Post a ride report. I'm always curious about these frames.

rich00

by rich00

Will do, just finished it off yesterday. Will ride it this weekend, will drop the steep further after the first ride.Image

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Nice looking bike. I'm guessing it is utilizing full length shift housing? As that cable path through the chainstay looks totally fubar.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

rich00

by rich00

wheelbuilder wrote:Nice looking bike. I'm guessing it is utilizing full length shift housing? As that cable path through the chainstay looks totally fubar.
Yes it does. The gear change is pretty smooth so far. I've had only the trainer when getting my fit sorted.

rich00

by rich00

GothicCastle wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:01 pm
Looks normal to me.

Post a ride report. I'm always curious about these frames.
I had a quick spin yesterday evening and comparing it to my Ridley Fernix the rear end is a lot firmer. I was expecting the compliance to be the same but it's definitely firmer. Steerer seems to be quicker and feels pretty anchored on the front. Did a short couple of sprints and it seems responsive but I will find out more on short steep hills on my next route. There is a couple of niggles I have to sort out, the front derailleur on the big chain ring and 11 on the back gets a bit of rub, if move the cage too match over it rubs against the crank arm. The dropout hanger may be slightly bent as I get a bit rattling in the 11 and the limit screw is just about all out. Also the cause for initial post about clearence was due the bolts for the dropsout not being fully screwed in only 1 of them had loctite, better QC needed here.

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

rich00 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:30 am
wheelbuilder wrote:Nice looking bike. I'm guessing it is utilizing full length shift housing? As that cable path through the chainstay looks totally fubar.
Yes it does. The gear change is pretty smooth so far. I've had only the trainer when getting my fit sorted.

When you mean full length housing, I assume you mean from the bottom bracket to the rear derailleur? The reason I ask is that I just picked up one of these and am trying to figure out the cable routing. To me, it seems that the rear derailleur uses full length housing from the derailleur to the bottom bracket. The cables from the shifters are in housing until they enter the top of the bottom tube, but they go through the bottom tube as free cables. Sound right?
Cinelli Superstar - Campagnolo H11
Tommasini Custom X-Fire gravel - EKAR

rich00

by rich00

Vespasianus wrote:
rich00 wrote:

When you mean full length housing, I assume you mean from the bottom bracket to the rear derailleur? The reason I ask is that I just picked up one of these and am trying to figure out the cable routing. To me, it seems that the rear derailleur uses full length housing from the derailleur to the bottom bracket. The cables from the shifters are in housing until they enter the top of the bottom tube, but they go through the bottom tube as free cables. Sound right?
Absolutely right. The inner cable goes in and where it comes out from the bottom bracket it's you add the outer cable which goes the length from the bottom bracket through the chainstay to the rear derailleur. There is black plastic fitting under the bottom bracket where the outer fits into.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

rich00 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:39 am
Vespasianus wrote:
rich00 wrote:

Absolutely right. The inner cable goes in and where it comes out from the bottom bracket it's you add the outer cable which goes the length from the bottom bracket through the chainstay to the rear derailleur. There is black plastic fitting under the bottom bracket where the outer fits into.

Thanks! Just waiting for my front brake caliper and wheels to come in to build up the bike. Went with a campy 11 speed group. In hindsight, Shimano would have been smarter for me as I have everything to deal with Shimano brakes (on MTB). Will post a picture when fully built. Shoudl be around 16 lbs fully built.
Cinelli Superstar - Campagnolo H11
Tommasini Custom X-Fire gravel - EKAR