Enve 2.0 fork external diameter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Can a kind soul put a caliper around their Enve 2.0 fork? 1/4 to 1/8 taper if they happen to vary depending on steerer. Trying to decide if it will match my frame's headtube decently. And on another topic, these things seem to be the standard for most well regarded custom builders. One obvious reason is the multitude of versions they come in. And the brand fame. But other than this, are they really nice? I am not looking for light and so-so stiff, but truly solid. I am heavy and my current fork seems to flex way too easily when I stand up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wookski

by Wookski

I’m not the biggest fan of enve forks as they look hideous- just take a look at my cherubim. Performance between top end forks is fairly similar so just go with what looks the best. My current favourites are WR FK1 and Pegoretti Falz.

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Thanks. That looks great to me but I am not so sensitive to fork shape - as long as it doesn't go to Pinarello levels. My main problem with Enve is the price but I couldn't find an exact match from other makers. I need 1/4 to 1/8 taper and a rake of max 45, ideally 43 which Enve has. I currently have 45 with 73.5 which is a bit twitchy. I imagine a straight 1/8 could work though with some sort of adapter at the bottom but I'd rather not go there if possible. I checked my current fork and it is around 54mm, same for the bottom of the headtube. From the pics I get a feeling the Enve is a bit smaller...