Colnago V3 RS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hannawald

by hannawald

I have heard from a seller that the C64 successor is really close. Should be rim and disc while V3RS for next year should be only disc...

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

ms6073 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:16 pm
wickedstealthy wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:36 pm
Some information for users of the Colnago C64/V3RS straight seatpost. They only come with clamps for oval rails.
When I ordered my 2021 C64, the setback post was standard and the straight post was a special order. Although not from my bike, referencing the image below, it is the same clamp as mine and I ride a Fizik Tundra M1 that has 7x10 braided carbon rails but pretty sure that cradle design will allow installation of saddles with either round or oval rails as well. So did you intend to say the clamps on your straight seat post only work for round rails?

The problem is that I can't properly set my saddle with a setback post. So had to order the straight separately. That seatpost has a different clamping system with clamp shells (sideways). So you need different clamps for different rails. If you look closely you see it on the picture. Seatpost also is lighter at 180gr. I will change the steel bolt by a ti one and cut the post. Weight expected 160gr

I ordered it together with the frame but somehow after a year it was not delivered with the frame 😡 so ordered one from the UK and costed me too much due to import duties now.
Colnago support couldn't even tell me that even I explicitly asked this several times last year. On top of that the frame came with paint damage. Lucky me I have a proper dealer that immediately brought the stuff to the reputable paintshop to fix it. They do quite some helmets, frames etc for teams and specials for major brands.Will see how it turns out ...

Maybe I'm a bit too picky but for that money it should all be a flawless experience

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ErnestoPan

by ErnestoPan

Hello everyone, new poster but long time lurker here :)

I've just received my V3RS disc frameset in white/blue I'll post pics with weights soon for all parts. If you want me to weigh/measure something specifically please let me know. From a quick check I did, I think the white gloss paint leads to a slightly heavier frame, compared to what I've seen in this post for black-based (black-red, black-green etc.) frames.

Out of curiosity, has anyone managed full internal routing with disc and mechanical shifting/cables in this frame? (if yes, what stem/handlebars? Do you end up with problem-free shifting?)

Thank you

corky

by corky

ErnestoPan wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:29 pm

I've just received my V3RS disc frameset in white/blue I'll post pics with weights soon for all parts. If you want me to weigh/measure something specifically please let me know. From a quick check I did, I think the white gloss paint leads to a slightly heavier frame, compared to what I've seen in this post for black-based (black-red, black-green etc.) frames.

Out of curiosity, has anyone managed full internal routing with disc and mechanical shifting/cables in this frame? (if yes, what stem/handlebars? Do you end up with problem-free shifting?)

Thank you
I have e V3RS in mech with hydro disc...... I don't think fully internal mech shifting is possible......there is nowhere to terminate the outer when you get to the BB.......... could be wrong though, some people are very resourceful.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

ErnestoPan wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:29 pm

Thank you
Maybe the actual stem weight, handlebar weight, thru axles, seatpost, ... all things people want to change 😂

ErnestoPan

by ErnestoPan

So, my frameset is size 54, V3RS disc, colour White/Blue (RZWB)

Fork: 441g (full length 32.9cm carbon steerer)
Frame: 1040g (inc BB cups, rear mech hanger, headset bearings)
Seatpost+seat clamp: 129g + 83g (full length 33.2cm)
Seatpost clamp (for the frame): 15g
Through axles: front 28g, rear 33g
Attachments
CDD5A282-7437-4C88-BAFF-6550E3A05BAC.jpeg
3956D051-F7E6-47AC-9D15-A856A3C838C0.jpeg
6BC252FF-BE04-454D-AD84-EF7D0EA14C9E.jpeg
2277713D-CAF8-4620-9337-E987BE99890C.jpeg
6F8DCABA-D58C-424C-86FF-C699D6E1A8C2.jpeg
171A9220-6E7E-4AC3-AE0B-C6C170729FE0.jpeg
65F2FA0E-079E-43D4-B142-A47CD16239A6.jpeg

strangely

by strangely

I'm building up a V3Rs Disc with either the new Ultegra or DA 12 speed group and had a couple of questions since Its been a while since I've built a bike (last was a C59 rim brake):

1) Does the regular Shimano pressfit Bottom Bracket work with the frame? BB92 BB92-41B I beleive is the part number.
2) Since I'm used to dealing with the threaded BB of my C59, would I need any special tools for the V3Rs pressfit like a bearing puller etc? I guess I will at least need the cup wrench thing.
3) I'm planning on running 160mm rotors on both the front and back with the Shimano Calipers. I assume I'd need an adapter at the back since I think its designed for 140mm. Does anyone know what the applicable one would be?

corky

by corky

strangely wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:30 am
I'm building up a V3Rs Disc with either the new Ultegra or DA 12 speed group and had a couple of questions since Its been a while since I've built a bike (last was a C59 rim brake):

1) Does the regular Shimano pressfit Bottom Bracket work with the frame? BB92 BB92-41B I beleive is the part number.
2) Since I'm used to dealing with the threaded BB of my C59, would I need any special tools for the V3Rs pressfit like a bearing puller etc? I guess I will at least need the cup wrench thing.
3) I'm planning on running 160mm rotors on both the front and back with the Shimano Calipers. I assume I'd need an adapter at the back since I think its designed for 140mm. Does anyone know what the applicable one would be?
The BB on the V3RS has screwed in cups (as you are no doubt aware) these if fitted allow you to use a normal pressfit BB. An alternative (but 'spensive) is to remove the fitted cups and replace with T45 BB such as offered by CeramicSpeed( this is the way I went).
Colnago should provide a tool for their cups(albeit it's made of plastic). Park makes a tool that will work with the T45 cups.
If you go down the Colnago cups with Shimano Pressfit bb route, you will need the same tools as you would if it was a pressfit frame.

I run 160 mm rotors on my V3RS without an adaptor but they are Campagnolo callipers.

strangely

by strangely

Thanks, I guess with the disk it'll be trial and error once I get the parts. I didn't get the BB cup tool, so I guess I need to purchase something.

MarcFaFo

by MarcFaFo

strangely wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:58 pm
Thanks, I guess with the disk it'll be trial and error once I get the parts. I didn't get the BB cup tool, so I guess I need to purchase something.
If the cups are empty but mounted in the frame you can buy some std SKF bearings and press them into the cup. Very easy, rellatively cheap € 30,-. If you use Shimano (24mm) do not forget to buy an set of adapters that bring the bearing ID fron 25mm to 24mm.

strangely

by strangely

MarcFaFo wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:27 am
strangely wrote:
If the cups are empty but mounted in the frame you can buy some std SKF bearings and press them into the cup. Very easy, rellatively cheap € 30,-. If you use Shimano (24mm) do not forget to buy an set of adapters that bring the bearing ID fron 25mm to 24mm.
I assume you mean I would need the 25mm to 24mm adapter if using them with a shimano "crank" (not a shimano "BB") when using wit the SKF bearings you mentioned? I guess the BB92 shimano BB should already be 24mm.

Deihlos91

by Deihlos91

strangely wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:29 am
MarcFaFo wrote:
strangely wrote:
I assume you mean I would need the 25mm to 24mm adapter if using them with a shimano "crank" (not a shimano "BB") when using wit the SKF bearings you mentioned? I guess the BB92 shimano BB should already be 24mm.
The v3rs is having a standard BB86 pressfit bottom bracket.
If the threaded cups are already installed you can press it easy into the cups.
Using standart pressfit bb86 mm bottom bracket for shimano spindle (24mm)
Allround:
Elilee Blize XXE 24 Carbon Raw L Custom-6340g
Sunday:
Colnago V3Rs 22 (RCRD) 54s Custom-6890g
BW/Travel:
Cannondale Synapse 20 Hi Mod 56 Custom-7200g
Old:
Specialized SWorks Aethos Jet Fuel 56 Custom-6060g

MarcFaFo

by MarcFaFo

Deihlos91 wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:31 pm
strangely wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:29 am
MarcFaFo wrote:
strangely wrote:
The v3rs is having a standard BB86 pressfit bottom bracket.
If the threaded cups are already installed you can press it easy into the cups.
Using standart pressfit bb86 mm bottom bracket for shimano spindle (24mm)
The Colnago V3r has a Threadfit 82.5. This is alu sleeve that is fixed inside the BB. The sleeve has a thread at both sides NDS and DS where normally a Colnago cup is threaded into. If the bike comes without bearings mounted into these cups, you are forced to press them in yourself (or LBS). If you are going to use f.e. a 24mm spindle diam. you cannot buy a bearing that has a od of 41mm and an id of 24mm. Therefore you have to buy a bearing that has and 41mm od and 25mm id. A such you need to buy a small plastic insert(adapter) that reduces the 25mm id to 24mm.

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

shit!!!!
no warranty !!!!
I will send local studio to repair this

this is a shit frame!!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

That is shit!!!!
It's clearly a frame failure!!!
I have never ever seen a frame disintegrate itself like that!!!