Selle Italia SLR Boost - anyone know where to buy one?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

djbowen99

by djbowen99

I wan't to try out the new SLR Boost saddle but i can't find one anywhere online at all. Selle Italia just pointed me to the premium e-store section of their site and none of those online shops stock it yet. Has anyone actually seen one of this for sale? i'm looking for the carbon railed but the Ti is doable as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

Also had a good dig around the webs.
Local agents talk about MAYBE getting in September in South Africa.

No online stores have it on a list in the UK or the USA.
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

marcelflash

by marcelflash

Had one in my hands, demo version from distributor. Released in end May maybe. Felt like a Berk saddle and looks really good.
Will keep riding the Lupina for now but the Boost is a really interesting alternative.

moyboy

by moyboy

I'm in the same boat.... have a Lupina and want to try this one out. Hopefully it's end of May.
marcelflash wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:57 am
Had one in my hands, demo version from distributor. Released in end May maybe. Felt like a Berk saddle and looks really good.
Will keep riding the Lupina for now but the Boost is a really interesting alternative.

Pinguin

by Pinguin

What is the benefit(hype) about short saddles
For me no difference between the boost and older Slr,only 3cm shorter

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I was considering the SLR boost but ended up ordering the similar designed, new Bontraer Aeolus Pro saddle.
Attachments
Saddle.jpg
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Pinguin

by Pinguin

Noctiluxx wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:32 pm
I was considering the SLR boost but ended up ordering the similar designed, new Bontraer Aeolus Pro saddle.
Every saddle company produces now shorter saddles with big hole in the middle
I have tried Pro Stealth,Speci Power and Syncros Belcarra
For me they are all very close at performance
No benefit for shorter saddles
Came from Slr Superflow Titanium

coresare

by coresare

I don't think there is any benefit with these "short saddles" such as the PRO Stealth, Power saddle, and this Selle Italia Boost. When you get agressive/rotate your hips far forward, the nose still sticks out past your nuts. Unless it's truely a "noseless" saddle such as an ISM PS saddle where the nose actually curves down enough or short enough to minimize pressure off your testicles/perineum.

I think the Power saddle nose is useless since it's so narrow. I use the PRO Stealth saddle which has a wider nose (namely about the middle of the saddle) so you can rotate your hips and still get some support on the pubic rami.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Stub nose is more about thigh clearance and saddle to BB setback when riding an aggressive position.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Hexsense

by Hexsense

+1 on saddle to BB setback.
To set saddle on my preferred position,
Selle SMP (Blaster) with long nose and sitting position far back need to set-up where their nose is 1.5cm behind bb (jam the saddle almost all the way forward).
Prologo Dimension, on the opposite direction, actually need to push far back on the seatpost (use front part of the rail) and get saddle nose 7cm behind bottom bracket.

Both saddle put me on the same position, but one is UCI legal (saddle nose >5cm behind bb), one is not.
One looks nice with saddle look stretched back. One looks weird like i'm trying to shorten the reach by jamming the saddle far forward (long curvy nose doesn't help the look too).

AZR3

by AZR3

marcelflash wrote:
Now when you say “felt like a berk saddle” do you mean just the weight or does it have a similar amount of flex that berk saddles have?

djbowen99

by djbowen99

I spoke with selle Italia and they said the US distributors would have it beginning in early May. I ordered the bontrager one but the carbon railed is out of stock on the US.

I like the power but I’m looking for a little more width in the cutout.

marcelflash

by marcelflash

AZR3 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:48 pm
marcelflash wrote:
Now when you say “felt like a berk saddle” do you mean just the weight or does it have a similar amount of flex that berk saddles have?
Yes similar amount of flex, I didn't expected it to be this flexible for a Selle Italia
Also the finish was nicer where the Berk you can see it is handmade, still the Berk is lighter.

moyboy

by moyboy

130mm Ti rail version in stock here.

https://www.all4cycling.com/shop/sella- ... 89262.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

👍