Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KotP

by KotP

Dan Gerous wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Cyclingnews should update their website to have bigger sized pictures, we can't see too well on their dial-up internet era sized galleries.
Is this a gallery for ants? I was just about to rant about this very thing, garbage fire of a website...

coops45

by coops45

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Nice! And we have the answer about an integrated cockpit hiding all cables.

cyclotripper

by cyclotripper

Seeing the front end of this looking quite neat i dont understand why system six head tube has to be so funky. Surely they develop these bikes simultaneously...

andreas

by andreas

Has the BB standard for this been leaked yet? Not buying another Cannondale BB30 frame ever again...

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

andreas wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:46 pm
Has the BB standard for this been leaked yet? Not buying another Cannondale BB30 frame ever again...

You’re going to be disappointed. It’s PF30A.

C36

by C36

coops45 wrote:Image
Damn that’s the post of the blurry tinny pictures Image
I don’t have details on the cockpit, I would struggle to imagine they came with something as heavy as the system6 solution... but none of those integrated solutions are light.
andreas wrote:Has the BB standard for this been leaked yet? Not buying another Cannondale BB30 frame ever again...
Pf30a. No changes on this front. It’s not a bad solution... it’s a tough one to put in place.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Maximilian

by Maximilian

I hope there's a zero offset seatpost...

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

C36 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:59 pm
coops45 wrote:Image
Damn that’s the post of the blurry tinny pictures Image
I don’t have details on the cockpit, I would struggle to imagine they came with something as heavy as the system6 solution... but none of those integrated solutions are light.
andreas wrote:Has the BB standard for this been leaked yet? Not buying another Cannondale BB30 frame ever again...
Pf30a. No changes on this front. It’s not a bad solution... it’s a tough one to put in place.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Should be lighter yes, but my guess is for weight weenies, it's going to be standard stems and bars if you want something light.

Personally, never had any issues with BB30, BB30a, PF30 and PF30a... I can also make SRAM front derailleurs work pretty well! :mrgreen:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:29 pm

Should be lighter yes, but my guess is for weight weenies, it's going to be standard stems and bars if you want something light.

Personally, never had any issues with BB30, BB30a, PF30 and PF30a... I can also make SRAM front derailleurs work pretty well! :mrgreen:

I'm not vehemently opposed to press-fit BBs either, but the 73mm stance of PF30a still lends itself to being more likely to develop creaking problems than an 86.5mm or 90.5mm stance.

The procress of making an eTap FD work well means some dumb things though like during the overshift the cage comes ridiculously close to hitting the crankarm as it passed over (or the limit screws.) The tolerances are so incredibly small...I have .1mm of clearance between my crank arm and cage during the overshift and I have .1mm of clearance from chain to cage in 50x11 after the overshift.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:44 am
Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:29 pm

I'm not vehemently opposed to press-fit BBs either, but the 73mm stance of PF30a still lends itself to being more likely to develop creaking problems than an 86.5mm or 90.5mm stance.

The procress of making an eTap FD work well means some dumb things though like during the overshift the cage comes ridiculously close to hitting the crankarm as it passed over (or the limit screws.) The tolerances are so incredibly small...I have .1mm of clearance between my crank arm and cage during the overshift and I have .1mm of clearance from chain to cage in 50x11 after the overshift.
I haven't had this problem, might depend of your frame and crank combo. On my Evo, I have plenty of clearance with both the stock Red BB30 crank and now with a SISL2.

kgt

by kgt

The hidden cables is certainly a plus but... sorry, I don't like it.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

They may as well just cancel production now.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

I love Cannondale so I hate that this version looks so average. Hopefully there are better looking versions then this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robeambro

by robeambro

Seems like a very tall and beefy headtube.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com