Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bebe77

by bebe77

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:49 am
I'd highly recommend either the P2M or Quarq PMs, made for Shimano's four arm chainrings. Don't get a crank that doesn't use the stock Shimano chainrings. I do believe the P2M and Quarq are much more accurate than spindle based PMs like the 2inpower sl rotor.
cleanneon98 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:11 am
I can't answer your question on exact fit but you should do your best to avoid Shimano crank based dual sided power meters. Left arm is fine, but if you want double sided power find pedals or a spider based.
thanks for the contribution. frankly I don't like hybrid systems, the Shimano chainrings only look good on their cranks. I thought the latest generation of stages had solved the problems but the little user news I've found is conflicting. The new rotor appears to be specifically compatible with the Shimano chain line and is also good in terms of pm precision. I found some photos of the assembly on the Shimano groupset, and it's really beautiful, but not the opinions of those who have used it. I only need the crankset to assemble everything... in the end I think I'll close my eyes, cross my fingers and press the purchase button...

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

bebe77 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:46 am
pdlpsher1 wrote:
I'd highly recommend either the P2M or Quarq PMs, made for Shimano's four arm chainrings. Don't get a crank that doesn't use the stock Shimano chainrings. I do believe the P2M and Quarq are much more accurate than spindle based PMs like the 2inpower sl rotor.
cleanneon98 wrote:
I can't answer your question on exact fit but you should do your best to avoid Shimano crank based dual sided power meters. Left arm is fine, but if you want double sided power find pedals or a spider based.
thanks for the contribution. frankly I don't like hybrid systems, the Shimano chainrings only look good on their cranks. I thought the latest generation of stages had solved the problems but the little user news I've found is conflicting. The new rotor appears to be specifically compatible with the Shimano chain line and is also good in terms of pm precision. I found some photos of the assembly on the Shimano groupset, and it's really beautiful, but not the opinions of those who have used it. I only need the crankset to assemble everything... in the end I think I'll close my eyes, cross my fingers and press the purchase button...
4iiii have an updated version of their dual sided PM that got a very good review from DC Rainmaker, so that's another option.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2024/02/4ii ... eview.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

Needed a cassette for a new set of wheels and picked up an 11-34 9200 cassette (other one was 8100)

Surprised to see the Duraace one only 83g lighter, I'm guessing the weights I'd found were for 11-30 or something.

I'm curious whether people are seeing any difference in longevity between Ultegra and duraace cassettes?

harblhat

by harblhat

mikehhhhhhh wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:45 pm
Surprised to see the Duraace one only 83g lighter, I'm guessing the weights I'd found were for 11-30 or something.

I'm curious whether people are seeing any difference in longevity between Ultegra and duraace cassettes?
The cassette is actually where the most weight savings are found between Ultegra and DA. I use both on different bikes but haven't done enough mileage to begin to notice. However with titanium cogs DA will not last as long, as seen in previous generations.

GONE4ARIDE

by GONE4ARIDE

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:00 pm
bebe77 wrote:
pdlpsher1 wrote:
cleanneon98 wrote:
4iiii have an updated version of their dual sided PM that got a very good review from DC Rainmaker, so that's another option.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2024/02/4ii ... eview.html
Another good choice would be go with a Quarq DZero Dub 130 BCD PM spider, Sram Red D1 Dub cranksarms, and Praxis Buzz 12 spd chainrings. This will give you one of the lightest, most reliable PM options, with excellent shifting performance.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

satanas wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:54 am
There aren't many cassettes >34T, except 36T. (There are a few but they're either very cheap and heavy, i.e., steel from China, or horribly expensive, like Ingrid's 11-44.) FWIW, I'd also be surprised if 36T didn't work, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
That's why I specifically asked about the Shimano 105 11-36.

I wonder if the clearance and shifting is good with this combo

KyleH

by KyleH

Looking for a little help here. Recently swapped my Quarq DZero dub with CarbonTi rings for a Sigeyi AXO setup with 9200 rings. Bike is an English road disc frame.

Running a CeramicSpeed BSA and was initially set up with 3mm DS and 1mm NDS spacers as per CS recommendation. My shifting was fine with the CT/Quarq setup and I think my FD trim was around 10-12? I'm not positive but don't remember it being anything crazy. When I installed the new setup I used the same 3mm/1mm spacers and it maxed my trim out on the FD. Moving to 2mm/1mm brought it down a little to like 16 but it is nearly maxing out the preload ring on the NDS and seems like it's probably making Qfactor all sorts of off as well.

What am I missing here? Sigeyi chainline is 145, + 1mm for 9200 rings, so moving to 2mm of spacers should bring it back down to 145 no?
Last edited by KyleH on Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Dfour chainline wasn't 45mm. It's 43.5mm.
Dzero is 45mm but Dfour is 43.5.

You were already at +10-12 setting with 43.5mm chainline? It's expected to be closer to 0.

So you +1.5mm from axo and +1mm from chainrings.

KyleH

by KyleH

Sorry, mixed up quarq models, I had a DZero, not a dfour. Edited the original post.

jajr1999

by jajr1999

bebe77 wrote:
pdlpsher1 wrote:
cleanneon98 wrote:
I would consider 4iiii or Stages. In the latest GPLama review it comes out well. I have the 9100 generation with the StagesGen3 and so far so good ("knock on wood" as they say in Spain). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1YxXidWZc4

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Just ordered my first bike with Dura Ace 9200 series, Factor Ostro Vam II. Can you guys tell me the advantages/disatvantages the 9200 has over the 9100 series? Currently have three bikes with 9170/9150 Dura Ace.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

milanv

by milanv

Noctiluxx wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:26 pm
Just ordered my first bike with Dura Ace 9200 series, Factor Ostro Vam II. Can you guys tell me the advantages/disatvantages the 9200 has over the 9100 series? Currently have three bikes with 9170/9150 Dura Ace.
:| OMG

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

The battery life is 50% less if you choose the wireless option. Also, on the wireless option there's a delay in shifting upon the first click of the shifter as the system needs to wake up. The shifting on the 9200 is smoother, both under light and heavy loads. Due to the smoothness of the shifting it feels as though the shifting is faster. The 9200's front shifting also feels faster, as expected, since the 9200 chainrings are 0.35mm closer than the 9100 chainrings. The 9200 drivetrain is quieter overall, unless you're one of the less fortunate ones to have the 5th cog clicking issue. The 9200 drivetrain is as quiet as a 91xx group on a 12-speed chain.

garbageman

by garbageman

Noctiluxx wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:26 pm
advantages: it has an extra gear. increased break pad clearance. different hood shape.
disadvantages: it weighs more. different hood shape.
+ all the stuff pdlpusher1 said.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I plan on running it wired to get extra battery life. The rest sounds great! Thanks for the info guys!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com