New S-Works Exos shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I can't offer you any fitting advice other than to say that a thicker insole works better for my feet. If I downsize half a size then the shoe becomes too short and can irritate my ankle. So I use a thicker insole (stock insole plus a thin cork layer for the forefoot) for a perfect fit.

Mine are holding up great with absolutely no wear issues. The white color is still pure white. S-Works has done an excellent job with this shoe.

akaspin

by akaspin

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:36 pm
I can't offer you any fitting advice other than to say that a thicker insole works better for my feet. If I downsize half a size then the shoe becomes too short and can irritate my ankle. So I use a thicker insole (stock insole plus a thin cork layer for the forefoot) for a perfect fit.

Mine are holding up great with absolutely no wear issues. The white color is still pure white. S-Works has done an excellent job with this shoe.
Sounds reasonable. One more question: how to fix insole inside? I found that insoles slightly moving inside shoes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Hmm. I don't have this issue. If the insole is sized appropriately it shouldn't move.

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

akaspin

by akaspin

Decided to return Exos and vent back to dull S-Works 7. Too low in inseam.

survivor

by survivor

Any past/current owner of EXOS shoe can help to provide long term user feedback? Primarily interested to know about long term durability.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

No issues at all two years on. I just bought a pair for my wife. Both of ours are in the color white. I use mine for gravel riding as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

survivor

by survivor

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:42 am
No issues at all two years on. I just bought a pair for my wife. Both of ours are in the color white. I use mine for gravel riding as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! That's good to know. It's probably the "cheapest" way to lose 300g on the bike as a whole with rider :D

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

That's a whole can of worms. lol. Packed pockets, heavy insulated water bottles, heavy shoes, etc. and worrying about 30g component differences.

survivor

by survivor

BigBoyND wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:00 am
That's a whole can of worms. lol. Packed pockets, heavy insulated water bottles, heavy shoes, etc. and worrying about 30g component differences.
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: that is candidly true.

mountainer

by mountainer

After 3 years my Exos in black are still an amazing and super comfortable shoes. Since a few weeks I have also a pair of S Works Torch shoes in deep marin blue with a custom painting on. They look amazing too, but compared to the Exos - at least so far - they are for sure less comfortable and don`t look so elegant. Interesting that in the Pro Peloton I have never seen somebody riding with the Exos.

mountainer

by mountainer

From time to time I still found online somewhere a pair of the limited Exos 99. If somebody perhaps would know about a pair of 44,5 or 45, please text me. Still I would love to have them.