CAAD13

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

wolfesquire wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:22 pm
I ran out of popcorn reading the last page. Does anyone have some I can have?
No PopCorn for u sorry.. :) U are allready 100 kg, u dont want any more weight gain, u'll reach the weight limit of caad12 and maybe will have to buy SystemSix :), also u'll be less aero :) (based on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157824&p=1505464#p1505464

And what u claiming there: "Also, I am 100kg so I am not loking for a 5kg bike to be under me. Would much prefer a comfortable and stiff ride for sprinting."

Sorry :) Beer Chug :)
Last edited by 3Pio on Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Hopefully this pandemic will eventually end so the kindergartens will re-open... :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

floriansantana

by floriansantana

3Pio wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:42 pm
wolfesquire wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:22 pm
I ran out of popcorn reading the last page. Does anyone have some I can have?
No PopCorn for u sorry.. :) U are allready 100 kg, u dont want any more weight gain, u'll reach the weight limit of caad12 and maybe will have to buy SystemSix :), also u'll be less aero :) (based on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157824&p=1505464#p1505464

And what u claiming there: "Also, I am 100kg so I am not loking for a 5kg bike to be under me. Would much prefer a comfortable and stiff ride for sprinting."

Sorry :) Beer Chug :)
I'm not quite sure what your problem is, but it's something serious.

I think you don't really understand what people are responding to your posts here, because more or less you are contradicting yourself in every second sentence. You try to say aero bikes are useless and everyone who buys an expensive bike is stupid and you are not, because you ride an alloy bike that was cheaper and even though you are faster than everyone else. And in the next sentence you say, that everything is personal taste, and everyone should be riding want they want to ride. And in the next sentence you basically say, that everyone who ride aero bikes doesn't have a clue and is fat. And in the end you rant about people, who try to make you buy an aero bike, which literally no one did in this whole conversation.

I'm outta here, this discussion is just getting plain stupid, if you don't even know what your own opinion is.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

pashax

by pashax

I can buy CAAD12 frame for a really good price. Is it really worth to go for CAAD13, provided the frame will cost me 2x?
"If you brake, you do not win". MC

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

Does having regular brakes instead of direct mount bother you? Or are you purchasing a disc frameset?

3Pio

by 3Pio

pashax wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:00 am
I can buy CAAD12 frame for a really good price. Is it really worth to go for CAAD13, provided the frame will cost me 2x?
My first bike is Colnago C60 Campagnolo Record groupset and last season wanted to build a spare bike, more like Winter bike or bike which i'll bring with me on travelling etc... First wanted to build Giant TCR Advanced Pro, which was not on stock, so somehow decided to buld something more different even in material (i was curious to see what difference will bring compared to carbon bikes i have ), so decided on Caad12 as frameset...

Since the plan was to be my Winter bike, first plan was to build it with Campagnolo Potenza, but someone from this forum allready owning, convince me that is so good that it deserve to be buil with higher end groupset.. So at the end i built it using exactly same groupset as i have on my Colnago C60.. Since i own 4 pair of wheelset (Campagnolo Bora 50 and 35 tubulars, Shamal Ultra and Zonda), i switch the wheelset between bikes.. Im so glad that i build Caad12 like this..

It's so good so fun riding bike, i was really suprised.. I was also worried that there will be BB creaking or something, but about 9500 km later no creaking at all at my case.. Last seson i rode about 14000 km, and more than 150000m climb.. Also had more than 10 longer than 200 km rides.. From this mileage of last season i rode about 9000km on Caad12, and about 5000 km on Colnago C60.. From that long distance rides 6 was on Caad12, 4 on Colnago... U understund i really liked Caad12....

Caad12 is fast, fun and comfortable enough bike even for long rides, in same time it's fast bike asking for pushing.. Also easy to build really lightweight (6.8 kg easy to achieve)

Buy it, u wont regret.. I would advice this even if they were the same price... I like it so much that as soon as i see Caad13 i realized i have to buy spare Caad12... First my idea was that when new Caad13 is shown, everyone will want to buy it :) so i can buy another Caad12 cheap (i liked purple version).. But this was mistake in my thinking, since oposite does happened :) When Caad13 was shown, all Caad12 i was watching sold out very quickly (and not because of cheap price)... So when i notice almost no more stocks left, i just bought what i found wich is Team CNCPT version (now regret a little bit why i did not order purple which i liked)..

Check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSZ8iVNQ7w

I found just day-two ago.. I agree with positive things he mention, also with negative....

If u buy it, please share the pictures and weight with us.... (First Caad12 i have is black colour and is 90 gm lighter than Team CNCPT in same size...)

3Pio

by 3Pio

Moderator Note: Posting vacation. There's enough going on in the world right now, no need for this here.
Last edited by 3Pio on Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

[unsubscribe]

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

Dan Gerous wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:53 pm
[unsubscribe]
2nd. This guy sounds like an outright tool.

cerro

by cerro

3Pio: A 100kg guy will take advantage of an aerobike. Because he won't change shape no matter which bike he buys. For sure he would gain more time being smaller and more aero but you're not writing that.

This is Weightweenies. It's a big group of nerds that like top optimize and lighten their bike. Riding gains are super small but people spends thousands of parts they later tune just ta shave some grams off that they don't notice. But it's fun and it's an interest.

Same with aero, it's an interest. And we not so often talk about the riders or how they can be faster, it's about the bike.

And aerobikes isn't just marketing, look at which test you want where they tested aero and you will see difference. Maybe not such big differences but there is still a difference. Like the difference between an titanium screw compared to standard steel.

So please stop complaining and ruining this thread!

Skittlez212

by Skittlez212

7.82kg built up with spare parts.
Will be doing upgrading to save some weight before next winter.

MartinRa

by MartinRa

Whats is the correct way to route the shift cables? When i got my caad13 from the shop the cable where routed like this
Rear Shifter to the right entry port
Left Shifter to the left enttry port...
i think this is pure bullshit, never had a bike routed like this, that way the cables look shit and rub...
the problem is if you google caad pictures you find both options...
C20_C13300M_CAAD13_Disc_105_MAT_D3.png
Screenshot_20200420-121112_QuickPic.jpg

MartinRa

by MartinRa

Found a Caad13 Owners Manual Extensions
https://www.cannondale.com/-/media/file ... d13_ge.pdf

Seems like my bike came routed wrong from the factory :oops:

changed it and now the cables don't touch the frame during normal riding.
So look at your caad, maybe yours is also routed wrong

shreddymerckx

by shreddymerckx

...anyway, thought we could probably do with getting back on topic.

Realised I never posted my final build. Unfortunately couldn't get it weighed like this, but I'm guessing it's floating a little over 8kg. Will shave a little more off with a carbon post when I can get my hands on one of those and some lighter tires this summer when there's less crap on the roads. Cannondale actually shared a pic of this on their instagram which is quite the compliment!

soonerrebel

by soonerrebel

shreddymerckx wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:01 pm
...anyway, thought we could probably do with getting back on topic.

Realised I never posted my final build. Unfortunately couldn't get it weighed like this, but I'm guessing it's floating a little over 8kg. Will shave a little more off with a carbon post when I can get my hands on one of those and some lighter tires this summer when there's less crap on the roads. Cannondale actually shared a pic of this on their instagram which is quite the compliment!

TOP NOTCH!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com