Riding In Any Kind Of Weather.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jeepntrek

by jeepntrek

i ride year round in all weather, 90*F and sunny all the way to 0*F with feet of snow.

i may ask/pray to/plead with the weather to let me ride this kind of bike or that, but it is always the weather’s decision.

road bike, gravel/commuter, or MTB... I’m getting there on two wheels and having more fun than every driver every time!

bilwit

by bilwit

used to commute 5 days a week throughout -2C to 37C+ for years (even through the rainiest 6 months in recorded history up here).. now that I got a smart trainer and am actually looking at performance all that outdoor stuff seems a bit pointless. It's mentally a relief to be outdoors now but definitely not worth it to go out of my way to tough it out when it's dreadful outside..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

themidge

by themidge

kdawg wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:07 pm
I got a cross bike late last year which was great when there was snow
Good idea, I'm thinking of making my old road frame into some sort of adventure bike (caliper rim brakes, but still mega tyre clearance) which should make winter riding easier and more fun.
sungod wrote: being scotland, i assumed it was a typo and he meant fahrenheit :)
Ha! Here on the east coast it's actually disappointingly warm(ish) and very dry, the west gets all the rain. I expect some tourists here are a bit surprised :D.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Sounds nice. I love Scotland. I should move there..
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.