2019 bike roll out jam

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Looks only a mother could love, perfect MAMIL bike I suppose.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Slack

by Slack

I've ordered an ALR disc frame today in a 56, I'll post when it arrives with actual weights. Hopefully I'm early enough to get one from the first drop.
We've been told August launch for the rest of the new Venge range.
Attachments
IMG_2154.JPG

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

damond wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:11 pm

Looks like the new Defy is in town!!!!
Can't see the pic. Nevermind. Jesus, what is up with that stem?
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

wingguy

by wingguy

spdntrxi wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:16 pm
I cant quite figure out whats going on with the stem... but otherwise a solid looking bike.
Yikes, same stem as the Propel but looks even worse without the sharp lines of an aero bike :shock:

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

God I hope they don’t roll this out on the TCR as well!

MAsshole

by MAsshole

That is hideous...

BigPoser

by BigPoser

cro2 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:51 pm
More info about updated Fuji Transonic for 2019: https://www.facebook.com/biketrecentose ... 047324758/ . I wonder how it will compare to some bigger names in the industry with regards to aerodynamics, ride and build quality and pricing.
That looks so damn good! I'm also interested in the rim brake version if they offer one.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

The slight downwards kink on the top tube of the new Defy visually starts to remind me of full suspension trail bikes.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

themidge

by themidge

damond wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:11 pm

Looks like the new Defy is in town!!!!
Never mind the stem, though it is hideous! What's that suspicious looking box hanging out on the chainset? A new power meter? Perhaps it's just a weird looking Pioneer one :node:

Edit: 2 seconds googling and found this on Cycling Weekly, "Giant includes its new Power Pro dual sided crank-based power meter."
Here's the article

hlvd

by hlvd

Looks like all Domane SLR bikes will be disc only, with only the frameset available as rim brake.
SL6 disc only, SL5 and lower available in rim/disc.

robertbb

by robertbb

I thought Trek's whole thing was "let the user decide"... hmm.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

At last Trek World they told their IBDs that critical mass had been achieved and that they shouldn’t be stocking rim-brake models. Rim-brake road bikes take on-average longer to sell.

Anyway, Trek is at the very least still selling rim-brake framesets of all their road bikes including the new Madone SLR, something several other brands have stopped doing.

hlvd

by hlvd

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:28 am
At last Trek World they told their IBDs that critical mass had been achieved and that they shouldn’t be stocking rim-brake models. Rim-brake road bikes take on-average longer to sell.

Anyway, Trek is at the very least still selling rim-brake framesets of all their road bikes including the new Madone SLR, something several other brands have stopped doing.
All my gear is rim specific, converting to disc means changing nearly everything, expensive!

jlok

by jlok

then keep riding the bike until you feel like it's time for a wholesale change to DB... or just buy the rim brake Madone 9! It's gorgeous!
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

hlvd

by hlvd

jlok wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:08 am
then keep riding the bike until you feel like it's time for a wholesale change to DB... or just buy the rim brake Madone 9! It's gorgeous!
I think you're right, I've never felt the need for discs, a problem I never knew I had.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com