Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PatrikGT

by PatrikGT

Hello, May I ask somebody to help me, what degrees will be fine on my bike? I would like Darimo IX2AL. This stem is -17... which will be straight? -20?? The head angle is 68,5dgr
Thank you
Attachments
51B0A63B-44E3-47E5-9716-71970554157D.jpeg

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

90 degree horizontal - 68,5 = ~ 20dgr stem :)

Not sure why you put such an expensive stem on an alloy bike though. There are some really nice (heavy) low stack (30mm stack only) -20d stems on Aliexpress for 20 bucks, using one myself

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PatrikGT

by PatrikGT

Well there are Darimo Handlebar and Seatpost, Tune saddle and other top product. There are many reasons why I bought Alloy frame... but thanks for the answer...

Aeo

by Aeo

You can use a web tool like this to visualise stems: http://yojimg.net/bike/web_tools/stem.php
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

PatrikGT

by PatrikGT

Perfect thank you... I have ordered -20🙏🏼🙏🏼♥️

Lucendi

by Lucendi

Does anyone else experience rattling with their Wahoo head unit in the K-Edge mount used by Darimo? And if so how did you fix it?

the jackel

by the jackel

Lucendi wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:22 pm

Does anyone else experience rattling with their Wahoo head unit in the K-Edge mount used by Darimo? And if so how did you fix it?
I don't think it's a k edge/Darimo issue as I have rattling on a couple of wahoo mounts that are neither of these brands. I also know of others with a similar issue.

For what's it's worth I put a thin layer of silicone on the top edges of the mount. This worked however it doesn't last if you are continually removing your device.

dgdracing

by dgdracing

I had the same issue with the Alpitude Mount. Putting some electric tape at the back of the wahoo works like a charm.

Turrifik

by Turrifik

dgdracing wrote:I had the same issue with the Alpitude Mount. Putting some electric tape at the back of the wahoo works like a charm.
Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takolino

by takolino

Sorry, late response to questions regarding Darimo's email response and customer service but here are my experiences.
I've bought seatposts and small parts from both R2 and direct from Darimo and I'd say if they have it in stock, R2 seems to ship faster as they are a major e-tailer. But I woudn't hesitate to buy direct. In terms of email repsonse, they've always got back to me without multiple inquiries. I tend to send and forget but usually get a response within a week. I had one warranty issue and they were great. I provided an email with my R2 invoice number and a few photos of the problem and they got back to me the same day stating they'll replace it. A new post was shipped withing a week. Very reasonable customer service imo.

Aeo

by Aeo

I put the tape inside of the mount to deal with rattling
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

kode54

by kode54

Lucendi wrote:Image

@Lucendi…I thought you would just 3D print it!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Lucendi

by Lucendi

@ kode54

You overestimate my capabilities and those of my FDM printer.

A simple piece of electrical tape fixed the problem though!

ArtV

by ArtV

Lucendi wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:21 pm
@ kode54

You overestimate my capabilities and those of my FDM printer.

A simple piece of electrical tape fixed the problem though!
I wasn't aware you could 3D print electrical tape! How much lighter is it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

V3Rs

by V3Rs

Has anyone successfully used Darimo bars and stem with a Cervelo R5 and Campy EPS 12 disk set up and been able to
get the wires and hoses routed in a fully invisible manner? Meaning no bottom mount trays on the stem...

If doable, would this mean that wires and hoses stay below the bars until reaching the stem area and then enter the bars
and then leave the bars and enter directly into the stem.

Or is it just better to stick with the Cevelo stem and any bottom grooved set of bars?