revoloop review? feedback?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

zzzzz8

by zzzzz8

Bought from R2 bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Question i ask, do they have better valves (extension) than Tubolito?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

pamoreira

by pamoreira

Been looking into these recently, any more feedback from people using them?

zzzzz8

by zzzzz8

2000k on mine. No issues or punctures. The pressure reduces from 6 bar to 5.5 over a couple of days and then stays there.

zzzzz8

by zzzzz8

Further feedback.

First puncture last week. Slow reduction of pressure. That's after approx 2000k so nothing unusual. On the negative side, the replacement revoloop tube was deformed in both the area where the valve is glued in, and also where the ends of the tube glue together. It was as if the glued area had somehow shrunk, resulting in a miss shaped tyre when inflated. The tube had been in the back of my shirt all summer so maybe the glue was affected by heat. It got me home and then promptly blew up. Disappointing.
On the plus side, the original tube was super easy to fix with the proprietary repair kit, and is holding pressure well.
I think I'm going to move to Supersonics though. Similar weight, third of the price.

StanK

by StanK

Almost 3000 kilometars, no puncture (knockin' on wood 3 times :)). Tires are Michelin Service Course PRO4.
Only dry rides, roads are pretty decent around here ... In short, I don't think about any other tubes anymore.

Only one thing ...
Initially, the Revoloop held air just like butyl (Michelin A1 Aircomp), for about 10 days (inflated to 7 bar and didn’t fall below 6, which in most cases is still good enough for me to grab a bike and go for a ride), but in the last few months I noticed that after aprox. 7 days there are more leaks. Not too much, but it can reach 5.5 bar, which is too low for me (on 23cc)

Valves are (mechanically) good as on mentioned Michelin tubes, so all together, five stars from me. If you are weight weenies, of course :)

JayDee81

by JayDee81

Decided to try these out. The Race version (not ultra) because I prefer a bit more puncture protection over 0.5 W rr advantage. Have to install the tubes yet, but what surprised me are the bent valves. Is this normal? I mean they are mostly straight and will certainly fit, but you can easily see the bend in them.

aerozy

by aerozy

I've done about 1000km on mine. I have the superlight version. Saved a wooping weight off my disk bike. So far really enjoying the feel of them (supple) and no punctures thus far. My rationale is that they are still cheaper than most tubular tyres.
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

hannawald wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:08 pm
Is there any difference to Tubolito? They are light but nobody rides them because of high rolling resistance (besides price) if i googled correctly..
Depends on which Tubolito you use. The regular ones yes they have a higher RR but Im running them already 2y. Had twice a flat. First in Spain in a descent and hitting a chipped rock pretty hard and two week ago hitting a pothole with rather low pressure (other tire was already damaged).
I fixed the rubes and one of the fixed tubes I use already for more then a year :)

The light weight version if similar to Reveloop with regard to RR.
On my other bike I run Reveloop but not much experience yet (only 200km).

Given the recent tests with regard to tubeless I wonder if I will switch to tubeless. Most of those tubeless tires are far less puncture resistant and heavier then their non tubeless cousins

velov

by velov

My experience - first puncture in 3 years about 10mins in to my first ride with them, returned them to the store and went back to latex.
Goes without saying ymmv

andreas

by andreas

They are more fiddly to get positioned, due to being a more rigid shape than butyl/latex. So I imagine the chances of an initial pinch puncture is more likely. I had to re-mount on both wheels before inflating to a riding pressure.

aerozy

by aerozy

When mounting on the wheel fill them up to around 1bar. Mount the first bead completely around the wheel with that pressure, then as you move around the wheel setting in the 2nd bead release pressure gradually until the tyre is fully installed. Seems to do the job. Not had a pinch flat ever since using this technique.
velov wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:57 am
My experience - first puncture in 3 years about 10mins in to my first ride with them, returned them to the store and went back to latex.
Goes without saying ymmv
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Have been riding on Race Ultra SVs for 2 years now on my main bike. I think one puncture only in that time - this is probably over 20k kms. Lately have a sligtly inconsistent experience with how they hold pressure. My rear is totally fine - same as any old butyl tube (ie pump up every few days). The front though drops pressure like latex. I have a valve extension on the back and stock revoloop valves on the front due to different rim height. I even replaced the front twice, and still having this issue. No idea why.

Other than that little niggle, this is a solution that is impossible to beat in terms of weight, plus rolling resistance and feel is also fantastic.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Quick update: that pressure drop was due to a bad native presta valve core. Replaced with alloy and the problem went away.

In the meantime, the rear tyre had picked up a sizeable chink in the sidewall. Somehow... no flat. I had a little 3mm wide bubble of revoloop tube poking out the side (translucent - looked like someone blew a tiny bubble of bubblegum). And yet it held. I am sure latex would have ruptured under these circumstances, so there is a lesson in there somewhere.

Needless to say though, once I discovered it, both the tyre and the tube went into the bin - that part of the tube would have been streched out super thin and I don't trust it anymore. And in any case, I am onto the tubeless S TRs this time.

TriJoeri

by TriJoeri

Just bought new (hookless, 23mm inner width) Zipp 404 Firecrests but wanted to run these inner tubes in a 28mm GP5000 S TR instead of running the wheels tubeless. The wheels only allow up to 5 bar of pressure, does anyone know if that's ok for these inner tubes? I can't find much online about which pressures to run on them.. I'm 66kg.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com