Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mcw

by mcw

Does anyone have a solution for the undefined hard get off out the pedals? :?:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dricked

by dricked

Someone posted earlier that if you back the adjustment screw off to where it’s just barely not making contact and then clip in/out it will fix the issue and I can confirm that it worked.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

sennder wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:07 am

Per this review, stack height for Dura Ace 9000 pedals is 8.8mm (without cleats).
Thank you, now let me find information on cleats thickness of Look cleats vs SPD-SL cleats. I wouldn't think Look cleats are thinner than SPD-SL cleats though.

MMW

by MMW

AZR3 wrote:
MMW wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:41 pm
I can’t connect to my pedals using a iPhone, but with a android, I can.
Any ideas how I can make it work with my iOS device?

Also when using Bluetooth on TrainerRoad, my cadence and power won’t go to zero.
When I then start pedaling again,
the right power and cadence show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try rebooting iPhone, it happened a few times with my iPhone
Thanks that helped Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Hey guys.

Just got a question. I just installed these badboys, everything went smooth and they work great. Before these I had Quarq etap crankset (first pm)

On my garmin I see my power as "3 sec"

On my Quarq when I stopped pedalling the watts got to zero right away, where the assioma goes like this "200 - 170 - 100 - 50 - 0"

Is this normal? Not that it's a problem, just curious.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Nejmann wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:21 am
Hey guys.

Just got a question. I just installed these badboys, everything went smooth and they work great. Before these I had Quarq etap crankset (first pm)

On my garmin I see my power as "3 sec"

On my Quarq when I stopped pedalling the watts got to zero right away, where the assioma goes like this "200 - 170 - 100 - 50 - 0"

Is this normal? Not that it's a problem, just curious.

When you have 3s power displaying every 1s, it should take...3s to display 0W. Also Assiomas record cadence with instant angular velocity rather than once per revolution, which could extend power calculation.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Nejmann: The Garmin is displaying a 3second rolling average, but reading the datapoints every second, providing you have 1sec recording turned on and not “Smart recording”.
When you had your Quark, I suspect you just had “power” displayed, not “3sec” or “10sec”, hence no hesitation in displaying 0 as soon as the first zero gets read.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Nejmann

by Nejmann

You could be right.. I’ll check.. :beerchug:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

What you could also do just to test it is set up a field on your display right next to the 3sec field, but just use Power on it, no 3 sec average etc. I would think that field will show the zero power sooner than the 3sec field does. To test even further set up a third display field showing the 10sec rolling average, just for grins.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

3Pio

by 3Pio

deepakvrao wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:05 pm
3Pio wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:47 am
deepakvrao wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:34 pm
3Pio wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:58 pm

I had similar issue, but in my case right one discharge quickly (so at least can switch to UNO version and finish the ride when is happen).. I also open the ticked, they request to reset, which i done.. Few months later same.. Now i got special firmware, and now im on second charge from then, still everything fine and they both discharge same for now...
I goit that firmware too. 3.42 right? And worked for first charge cycle, now again an issue.

Yes.. Im on same firmware.. Before updating i reset the pedals, and update it.. Im on second charge, and when i checked yesterday after the ride, both pedals discharging equal...

Are u by any chance separate the pedals while cleaning or maintence ur bike?
Persistently having the issue. Alternately the left and right have been discharging fast. They are sending replacement sensors.

After a trouble free period of 2 months with 3.42 firmware, i have again almost total discharge after few days from full charge (both pedals charged in same time, and at least 15 hours of charging) on one pedal.. Until now i had a problem with Right One, now the problem is left one...

So obviosly they tried to solve ur problems, sending u new sensors/battery's Did they offer them self u to send new sensors? Did they ask to send them pedals to their labs? Did u had to return ur old sensors first? Sorry for questioniong about this but want to know what are my possabilities based on ur experience...

And this happened to me FOURTH time since i have them, e-mailed support hope they'll stay behind their product after 4 time of same issue.. First time, they asked me to full discharge/recharge/discharge and to check them in between after the ride, and send them time of the checking ( I guess they can remotely check the pedals)...As u can see this was asking efforts from my side, and still no solution... Since then Third time happening and between i got a new firmwares, suggestion to reset the pedals etc, but obviosly still problem is not solved..

Will share if they are staying behind their warranty, or will go birocracy and avoiding way after they reply me this time.....

This is what i got just after 7 days after charge.. Right one is good, left one is almost empty :(

3Pio

by 3Pio

In Meanwhile i contacted Favero's again about issue i have (4 th time), so will share if they provide proper solution and stay behind their product and warranty or we are on our own in the case of problems....

Interested how are everyone else experiances regarding Favero warranty?

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Sorry, cant help as mine work fine
Ive bought an UNO for my other bike as Im bored changing them. Im adduming the Assioma software has a way of allowing you to have more than one left pedal registered!!
Would have been smart for me to check before purchase but what can you do, im a compulsive idiot.

Rudi

by Rudi

Think I'm having this discharge issue also, but it seems equal on both sides. Looks like I'm on 3.00 firmware with nothing to update. I'm on a low yellow with about 11 hours of riding. Not had the low power warning yet.

Standby time is 5 mins and I have had it in travel mode but only for an hour, so worst case 12 hours ride time.

Will be opening a ticket shortly.

I've had nothing but praise for them up until now. Interstingly my Uno don't seem to be having the issue (my wife has the duo).
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

3Pio wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:21 pm
In Meanwhile i contacted Favero's again about issue i have (4 th time), so will share if they provide proper solution and stay behind their product and warranty or we are on our own in the case of problems....

Sorry to hear, but it was the same issuye for me. Worked sometimes, sometimes the left would drain and sometimes the right. I live in India, and anything coming in is charged 50% duty even if warranty replacement, so I asked them to ship to France when I was there on vacation.

They sent only the sensors, and I had to pay 16 Euro for shipping.

Sadly, after the first charge even the new sensors discharged unevenly. FW 3.0.

Second charge and things seem fine now till about 20 hours of use. I keep a spreadsheet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

3Pio

by 3Pio

deepakvrao wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:48 pm
3Pio wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:21 pm

Sorry to hear, but it was the same issuye for me. Worked sometimes, sometimes the left would drain and sometimes the right. I live in India, and anything coming in is charged 50% duty even if warranty replacement, so I asked them to ship to France when I was there on vacation.

They sent only the sensors, and I had to pay 16 Euro for shipping.

Sadly, after the first charge even the new sensors discharged unevenly. FW 3.0.

Second charge and things seem fine now till about 20 hours of use. I keep a spreadsheet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Interested about another thing.. In ur case of getting new sensors.. Did u send them ur old faulty ones back to them, or keep them?