Look 785 Huez RS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

c60rider wrote:Do we know where it's manufactured? I know on the other Look thread there were questions about France Look made quality but I was delighted with it and hope this frame is French made. But nearly every monocoque is from the Far East and I have to guess this is? Also wish they would have gone screw thread bottom bracket on it or done something similar to Colnago with their threadfit.

From the link in the second post:

The Huez and Huez RS will be built in both Tunisia and the Far East. While some will lament a partial turn away from the brand’s traditional European focus, it appears that the change in production doesn’t represent a switch in the traditional European focus.

Rather, the move is an effort to streamline Look’s global distribution logistics, easing the delivery of bike to the USA.

My interpretation of that is that it is going to depend upon where you are located. Europe will most likely get the Tunisian frames and the with frames made in the Asia t going to countries on the Pacific rim. But that's not explicitly stated, just implied.

The other possible interpretation is that the monocoques will be made in Asia and shipped to Tunisia where they will then be built up into complete bikes.

Regardless, that's the manufacturing story on the bike.

c60rider

by c60rider

EvilEuro wrote:
c60rider wrote:Do we know where it's manufactured? I know on the other Look thread there were questions about France Look made quality but I was delighted with it and hope this frame is French made. But nearly every monocoque is from the Far East and I have to guess this is? Also wish they would have gone screw thread bottom bracket on it or done something similar to Colnago with their threadfit.

From the link in the second post:

The Huez and Huez RS will be built in both Tunisia and the Far East. While some will lament a partial turn away from the brand’s traditional European focus, it appears that the change in production doesn’t represent a switch in the traditional European focus.

Rather, the move is an effort to streamline Look’s global distribution logistics, easing the delivery of bike to the USA.

My interpretation of that is that it is going to depend upon where you are located. Europe will most likely get the Tunisian frames and the with frames made in the Asia t going to countries on the Pacific rim. But that's not explicitly stated, just implied.

The other possible interpretation is that the monocoques will be made in Asia and shipped to Tunisia where they will then be built up into complete bikes.

Regardless, that's the manufacturing story on the bike.

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/product-news/look-launches-new-superlight-785-huez-rs-337555

According to this they will all be made in their own factory in Tunisia and they have lifetime guarantee!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

c60rider wrote:http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/product-news/look-launches-new-superlight-785-huez-rs-337555

According to this they will all be made in their own factory in Tunisia and they have lifetime guarantee!

Maybe. To be honest though, I wouldn't trust Cycling Weekly if they told me that wheels are round.

Beaver

by Beaver

Calnago wrote:To my eyes at least, it's interesting how the more manufacturers experiment with weird tube shapes and new designs, the more appealing the traditional frame designs and tried and true technologies become. Every now and then something new comes along that really is great and takes hold, but by and large there are a lot of grasping at straws attempts to create something "new" strictly for the sake of creating something new.

But there's still another choice:

But I am curious about the 3rd generation. Will they stick with the nearly horizontal toptube and slim shapes...? We will see 2019... :D

bruno2000

by bruno2000

53x12 wrote:
Beaver wrote:

I'll have to say, that paint scheme looks sharp on the 785 Huez RS. I like that.

Is this an RS version too?
Or do they only make the RS version in the team colors?

another question, will the team ride the RS in the Tour or the normal version with RS decals?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

wingguy wrote:
c60rider wrote:http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/product-news/look-launches-new-superlight-785-huez-rs-337555

Maybe. To be honest though, I wouldn't trust Cycling Weekly if they told me that wheels are round.

:D :D :D :D
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

sawyer

by sawyer

Made in Tunisia is I believe as good as made in France - the frames made there have been as good as any

It's a wholly owned plant under French management to avoid going bust employing people in France

Completely different concept to a product from a third party factory in Asia, which of course could still be a very good product before someone flames me
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

c60rider

by c60rider

sawyer wrote:Made in Tunisia is I believe as good as made in France - the frames made there have been as good as any

It's a wholly owned plant under French management to avoid going bust employing people in France

Completely different concept to a product from a third party factory in Asia, which of course could still be a very good product before someone flames me

That's what I was implying with my post from cycling weekly. The quotes they made were from the launch and quoted directly from the CEO and product manager.

liam7020

by liam7020

Anyone know if the RS version will be available as frame only? Ta
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

ride1970

by ride1970

Yeah it's available frameset only

Lookryder

by Lookryder

Very cool. I've been drooling over these since the first photos came out. Love the Mondrian paint scheme.

liam7020

by liam7020

ride1970 wrote:Yeah it's available frameset only

Thanks for that info.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

themidge

by themidge

A good look at the bike here https://youtu.be/6YVe3qaGYhE (very similar to the one as a few posts back what with it being a team bike)
Some people are complaining about the paint job but i think it looks nice and clean. At least it's not boring old black on black :)
And man I neeeeed those Corima wheels in my life!

Lookryder

by Lookryder

themidge wrote:A good look at the bike here https://youtu.be/6YVe3qaGYhE (very similar to the one as a few posts back what with it being a team bike)
Some people are complaining about the paint job but i think it looks nice and clean. At least it's not boring old black on black :)
And man I neeeeed those Corima wheels in my life!

Thanks for sharing that video. I wonder why it's just being release now when it was filmed at the tour?

I don't care for that white/blue/green paint scheme, but at least it's different. When was the last time, if ever, Look released a bike with just one uniform color? 585?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pointernegro

by pointernegro

Two bottombracket options, BB65 and BB86.
Which the best option??
BB65 have few options of chainset (zed2) and powermeter, and very stiffness.
BB86 new bottombracket for look manufacture.....without references.

P.D.: sorry for my basic english.