Best Aero handlebar?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morganb

by morganb

inchul wrote:There are a lot of products these days
Is Aeronova good and not good?
sinker

Pros: One of the lightest and subjectively most comfortable bars (dampening, flex)
Cons: Much longer reach than most modern bars and may require shorter stem to compensate, not super stiff at least in Team version

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

The aeronova would be a great bar with some better reach numbers...
Using Tapatalk

jlok

by jlok

Nefarious86 wrote:The aeronova would be a great bar with some better reach numbers...

shorter reach? what is the better reach number?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

sawyer

by sawyer

I actually like the long reach ... it provides a nice place for the wrists

I would agree though that it does not feel particularly stiff and wouldn't recommend if you plan on doing lots of sprinting
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

jlok

by jlok

sawyer wrote:I actually like the long reach ... it provides a nice place for the wrists

I would agree though that it does not feel particularly stiff and wouldn't recommend if you plan on doing lots of sprinting

I have the Aeronova Ltd. It's too soft for sprinting. Plus, it's not too ergonomic.

I dialed in my effective reach (hood to saddle tip) and the long reach of the handlebar makes my sit up posture more "sit up", which is exactly what I want when resting is needed.

So I think there's no right or wrong on the handlebar reach on each bar, u just pick the one you need.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

gilles75

by gilles75

seansis wrote:If I want to install a clip on aerobar which aero handlebar should I choose?
Now I have Deda rhm 2 so I'm looking for a handlebar with similar parameters. Suitable only Zipp sl 70 aero, but it is not compatible with clip on aerobars.
If I buy 3T Aeronova, then I will have to greatly reduce the length of the stem. (now 110mm -> 80mm)

What choice do I have?

I am using Zipp sl 70 aero with Profile Design T2+ Carbon clip-on bars. The cylindrical section is just wide enough if I use a stem with a narrow face plate like the Deda Zero 100. The 3T ARX Team was to wide. Zipp doesn't recommend clip-on, use it at tour own risk. Just use carbon paste and make sure you do not overthighten the clip-on clamping bolts. About 15 000 km on this set-up yet, sometimes on very rough roads. No signs of weakening in the clamping area of the bars yet after some regular inspection.

seansis

by seansis

gilles75 wrote:I am using Zipp sl 70 aero with Profile Design T2+ Carbon clip-on bars. The cylindrical section is just wide enough if I use a stem with a narrow face plate like the Deda Zero 100. The 3T ARX Team was to wide. Zipp doesn't recommend clip-on, use it at tour own risk. Just use carbon paste and make sure you do not overthighten the clip-on clamping bolts. About 15 000 km on this set-up yet, sometimes on very rough roads. No signs of weakening in the clamping area of the bars yet after some regular inspection.

Many thanks! You have given hope.

Unfortunately, deda zero 100 is not suitable for me, because I use the angle of 6 degrees. If I flip it, then the position is too low.

Do you know any other stems with narrow face plate?
What kind of carbon paste do you use?

Thanks!

Rubik

by Rubik

inchul wrote:There are a lot of products these days
Is Aeronova good and not good?
sinker

I like it a lot. The reach is much longer, but it also provides a tremendous "aero" position for the wrists right on the inside of the bar curve in which you can wrap a finger or two around the hoods and have your wrists cradled a bit. I love that position. Also, I think the hoods measure a bit narrower than the actual bar measurement. My 40cm are more like 37-38 at the hoods.

It is flexier than most other bars I've tried, but I can't honestly say it's anything I've thought about in an actual sprint, and I'm sure it's not had any impact whatsoever on my actual sprinting.

Spacemedic

by Spacemedic

mrgray wrote:i have the Enve SES Aero Road Bar and i like it alot. get the narrowest one that exists and enjoy. one of the best things about it is how cool it looks as the front of it twists inward. if you want to use it with a light though forget it. also no room for mounts. i just use it for racing so it works for me. i have heard that some have had issues with cable routing but i did not.
How are the enve bars for out of the saddle sprinting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

Lelandjt wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:55 pm
kkibbler wrote:Easton EC90 42 c-c
I like that it has straight tops vs something with massive forward flaring like Aeronova. Shape-wise it's pretty similar to Aerofly.
Unfortunately the clamp area is quite narrow, may have trouble with some stem and Garmin mount combos.
2 holes next to shifters for cable routing, 1 inner 1 outer. I imagine it suits any brand of shifter just fine.
I just went through the same search and settled on the Easton bar in 40cm. I'm quite happy with it.
Bars indeed look nice! I have this in 40 arriving today I hope.

Edit; The EC90 has arrive. This bar is fantastic! If routing goes well, and I'm told by Easton it will, then I can't imagine it getting any better than this.
Last edited by Bridgeman on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ichobi

by ichobi

I tried couple of bars for my tarmac sl6. Cervelo ab03, sworks aerofly, zipp sl70. Problem is they all have very short wrist rest area. I just cant get my hand to sit comfortably on them despite all having the same effective reach (to saddle) to my other handlebar. Now using syntace round carbon bar which has longer wrist rest area and it fits like a glove.

I want to use aero bar as i prefer flat top. Next one on my list is Pro Vibe Aero. Seems to have longer reach than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I really like my canyon h11. it’s kinda the wrong size on my newer bike.. so I ordered the knock off on eBay . Hoping it’s comparable to the legit canyon bars when I get it
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

chd8152

by chd8152

Simple. S-works Aerofly.

Rubik

by Rubik

spdntrxi wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:57 pm
I really like my canyon h11. it’s kinda the wrong size on my newer bike.. so I ordered the knock off on eBay . Hoping it’s comparable to the legit canyon bars when I get it
Which seller did you order from? Happy with the bar?

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

anyone seen workswell aero bar in person?

http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 6/110.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com