lightweight cable set

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

Weird..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mep

by Mep

What you're looking for is the XEX-SL housing. I can confirm it is about 40% lighter than my stock housing. Here are the weights for your reference:

Pro Shift housing (XEX-SL): 17g/m
Elite Link Shift housing (including liner): 27g/m
Sport Shift housing (LEX-SL): 33g/m

tommasini

by tommasini

Roadrocket wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:00 am
Looks like it´s quite hard to find XEX housing... Description says LEX, but when clicking on pics, you can see XEX on package.

According to manufacturer, all Pro shift housings should be LEX-SL and only Elite shift are XEX-SL: https://jagwire.com/guides/housing
Then I don´t understand XEX marking on Pro Shift housing boxes...
Jasgwire's website does lead to confusion.....here are 2 different Pro sets - if you look close at the printed package the second one says XEX housing. Looking closer myself the one set only says "Pro Shift cable kit" and the other says "Pro Shift lightweight cable kit"
Attachments
Not XEX
Not XEX
Is XEX
Is XEX

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

Thanks, I will order Pro Shift and will see what´s on the box :)

About brake housing, is it worth to try something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Superli ... 3c007rk84a or get Jagwire Pro Brake(39g/m)?

tommasini

by tommasini

The Ali housing description sounds the same as how my aican sets were described (from an ebay seller). This Ali seller also offers some Aican items......suggesting a possiblity that the bulk housing is also related to the Aican products I bought. Weights for the Aican housing are exactly what this Ali seller says (26g/m for brake and 21g/m for derailleur). Ive had great results with the Aican housing - I'd sure give this ALi stuff a try.

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

Thanks tommasini :beerchug: Just ordered 1m brake housing from ali, for $6 it is worth to try. After winter I will let you know how it performs.
Weight and price is good, I just hope it won´t compress.

Ali seller offers light shift housing too, but it is much more delicate thing, so Jagwire Pro Shift is obvious choice. I think it will work perfectly together with Dura 9100.

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

Well, it looks like it won´t be easy to find XEX housing. :? Last week I received Jagwire Pro Shift kit in black, but unfortunately it´s LEX housing. Webshop that I ordered from declared XEX housing in description and pics...

Any ideas where it is possible to find XEX Pro Shift kit??

Pop

by Pop

I'm looking for a XEX-SL set too....
It's quite hard to find it, and I don't know why!!

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk