Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
kode54

by kode54

going forward, its still confusing. its nice that you can explain what the differences are in this forum, but on the street, if I walk into a store or shop online, I still don't have a clue why there is a RSR and RS version of the same S9 Equipe.

Rapha is very clear on their low and high end lines. Core and Pro. Then, they have variants that are very clear on where they sit in the line.
as far as the temp ratings go, the best barometer for that is a temperature range. different for all type of riders, but gives a general idea of what their intentions are in what weather.

I do have to say that as clear as Rapha is on their regular and race versions...I still reach for Assos when the temperature drops...anything technical which Assos is good at.
RTW wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:00 am
guyc wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:31 am
Indeed.

Except now we have two types of Equipe!
Equipe RS s9 - this is the successor to the Equipe EVO S7 (although this short is still exists in our collection for 2019)
Equipe RSR s9 - this is the successor in many respects to the Campionissimo short.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kytyree

by kytyree

In their defense one of the problems with the Assos naming conventions is that I figure out what I need, get it and then by the time I need something again I have no idea what everything is because the stuff I had lasted a long time.

I just now got a habu jacket when Assos moved it to the old collection portion of the site. And I picked up a RS Sturmprinz at a good price from Excel. A lot of this new stuff sounds good but it’ll probably all be old news by the time I need something again.

hanakuso1

by hanakuso1

I'm glad i'm not the only one confused.

I'm trying to figure out what T.FF_1.Shorts_s7. Seems like last years highest end stuff but not sure.

robertbb

by robertbb

decade wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:12 am

Wow - you guys are merciless. :shock: :D :D The good news is that we are changing it.

New naming convention

1.3 Summer
2.3 Spring / Fall
3.3 Winter and Winter Ultraz as a heavier winter category.
How is this any different from the current 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 convention? There's still 4 options.... :noidea:

In either case, the "hotsummer" baselayer (the lighter summer category) seems to be opposite of the "Winter Ultraz" by being an option for more extreme hot weather conditions. Will that be renamed to Summer Ultraz?

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

hanakuso1 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:45 pm
I'm glad i'm not the only one confused.

I'm trying to figure out what T.FF_1.Shorts_s7. Seems like last years highest end stuff but not sure.
They were a special line owing to the F1 linkup we did. They are very high end race shorts, with a compressor fabric and the Equipe insert.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

kode54 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:22 pm
going forward, its still confusing. its nice that you can explain what the differences are in this forum, but on the street, if I walk into a store or shop online, I still don't have a clue why there is a RSR and RS version of the same S9 Equipe.
Well no, you wouldn't as yet. The product hasn't launched.

Comparisons with other brands are useful, but we need to have a compariable path to market. The brand you mention sells through their own stores and own website. Their own store staff aren't concerned with headset specs, the latest Di2 and what the latest Specialized, Giant or Cervelos bikes are and their specs. This allows them far more time to concentrate, learn, and communicate a single brand's products to consumers.

We are also clear on where product sits (as described above) and on our temperature ranges. It hasn't been as intuitive as it could have been, but it is clear. We are working on making it simpler and require less engagement. But we don't have the luxury of a clean slate.

TonyM

by TonyM

RTW wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 am
(...)
We are also clear on where product sits (as described above) and on our temperature ranges. It hasn't been as intuitive as it could have been, but it is clear. We are working on making it simpler and require less engagement. But we don't have the luxury of a clean slate.
Some improvement can certainly be made on the names (Habu, Bonka etc...) but I personally LIKE :thumbup: the temperature range that Assos is using (summer/ Spring/ Fall/ Early winter/ Winter or 1.4/2.4/3.4/4.4) :thumbup:

Also a nice help to have a list of the different products depending in the temperature (and the corresponding leaflet that is included in all (??) Assos products) :thumbup:

kytyree

by kytyree

The guides where I can look at a picture work best for me and skip the naming conventions.

What I really want to know is: was RTW at the meeting where they decided to offer socks of different colors paired together? Was it his idea? Has he always ridden that way? Are socks that don’t match some sort of Swiss gang sign?

guyc

by guyc

Yeah - that sock one baffles me.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

I wasn't there. It's only the Tiburu socks like this now.

:-)

guyc

by guyc

RTW wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:35 am

Phew.

I love the Tiburu socks, but I prefer white socks generally. So to get two pairs I have to also have two pairs of blacks. So daft.

kookie

by kookie

guyc wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:39 am
RTW wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:35 am

Phew.

I love the Tiburu socks, but I prefer white socks generally. So to get two pairs I have to also have two pairs of blacks. So daft.
pair of socks are marked "left' and 'right', if that makes a difference to the fit (i have the yellow/black)

guyc

by guyc

A good point. Damn you Assos.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

kytyree wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:26 am
What I really want to know is: was RTW at the meeting where they decided to offer socks of different colors paired together? Was it his idea? Has he always ridden that way? Are socks that don’t match some sort of Swiss gang sign?
This is hilarious. I ride with a lot of young people who aren't yet at the stage in their lives where they can afford Assos clothing. The explanation that the two different colours of my socks is a sign of my affluence and good taste is never well received, particularely when some of these young people are also wearing two different coloured socks (but of course in their case it is because that is all they had left that was not in the laundry).
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

ducman

by ducman

I wonder, does the guy in the assos ads ever bend his arms? Poor guy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com