The Freaks topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Tugboat wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:40 am
Reach for the stars...

kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

:hmm:
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

dj97223

by dj97223

I thought it was funny, but I guess a moderator didn't.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

dj97223 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:36 pm
I thought it was funny, but I guess a moderator didn't.
Thank you - it's nice to have an audience. Yup, some people need to learn to laugh at themselves. Taking ownership and even some pride in one's quirks is a happier, more comfortable existence. Particularly online, getting defensive and all worked up only causes the mob to smell blood-in-the-water - brings out the inner troll in many.

So in the spirit of my own philosophy here is my freak or at least the freakiest part of my bike collection
My Parlee has a chimney. I just can't bring myself to cut the steerer in case I sell the bike to someone who can't handle this much drop. It's been like this for years. The saddest part is I pride myself on perfect bike setup, maintenance, impeccable attire, etc. I am really into the asthetic and honor all the traditions of the sport. And yet I have problem with one inch of steerer. It's like I am suddenly concerned about the few dollars less that I would receive on the resale of a bike I probably won't sell which is completely insane when I consider what an absurd amount I spend on the sport. :noidea:

But I own it.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

don't cut it, you'll sell it better - I'm speaking from experience; I once had a bike with a 3-spacer chimney for like nearly two years (couldn't get around to have it cut) and when I decided to sell it, the very first guy who came in paid me what I asked (and it wasn't a bargain) because "he knows bikes, and an uncut steerer means the bike hasn't been ridden much and all" true, that one had like 15k km on him :mrgreen:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Wookski

by Wookski

Mr.Gib wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:18 pm
My Parlee has a chimney. I just can't bring myself to cut the steerer in case I sell the bike to someone who can't handle this much drop.
Cut it. Resale be damned!

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Wookski wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:55 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
My Parlee has a chimney. I just can't bring myself to cut the steerer in case I sell the bike to someone who can't handle this much drop.
Your right, and it would be the only way I could get my bike out of the freaks topic. I am not a mod so I couldn't just delete it. (Well, this is my post, but honour and my sense of humour dictates thta I leave it.)

alpinestar

by alpinestar

My lord... poor colnago! ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Holy cow that's not real surely..

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Looks like about a 48s or 50s, eh?

Gotta like the adjustable stem, because, well, just because! :P

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Not a Pina fan but stumbled across this yesterday .... i can’t quite get my head around how it ever made it off the drawing board... the Grevil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben689908

by Ben689908

Marketing.

It's got the hallowed dropped driveside chainstay, a short-nosed saddle, disc brakes and tubeless tyres.

So someone will buy it.
Last edited by Ben689908 on Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/

robbosmans

by robbosmans

It doesn’t look like every other gravel bike, also it looks a lot better in person

scapie

by scapie

Mr.Gib wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:30 pm
Wookski wrote:
Mr.Gib wrote:
Your right, and it would be the only way I could get my bike out of the freaks topic. I am not a mod so I couldn't just delete it. (Well, this is my post, but honour and my sense of humour dictates thta I leave it.)
i don't know...are those tyre logo's aligned with the valves??? and whats going on with that outer cable...you didn't cut it halfway through the logo did you???? your bikes gonna have to stay here until you address those issues ha ha jk!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

scapie wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:04 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:30 pm
Wookski wrote:
Mr.Gib wrote:
i don't know...are those tyre logo's aligned with the valves??? and whats going on with that outer cable...you didn't cut it halfway through the logo did you???? your bikes gonna have to stay here until you address those issues ha ha jk!!
OK, bonus points for you on the cable logo spot. The tire logos are aligned opposite the valves as they should be. Not sure what your implying :P
Bike has been disassembled (details to follow) and I can assure you no cable logo violations will occur on any rebuild.