2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

eins4eins

by eins4eins

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 12:00 am
New women's hour record today... she looked rock solid the whole time. Super impressive.
Impressive but not really solid. Position yes, but times faded in the second half and she was riding the red line too much from the first lap. Could have even done better than 49,254.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

eins4eins wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
New women's hour record today... she looked rock solid the whole time. Super impressive.
Impressive but not really solid. Position yes, but times faded in the second half and she was riding the red line too much from the first lap. Could have even done better than 49,254.
Seriously? She put almost a kilometre on the record. That’s more than any man has added in the 20th century.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

eins4eins wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 6:57 am
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Lol.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Like i said, impressive ride. Still room to improve though and i think someone like Reusser might be more motivated now.
Not taking the shortest way adds up over 180+ laps

Miller

by Miller

Whoah, quite the save there from Matthia Bais of Drone Hopper at the top of the first descent in today's stage. Panicked he wouldn't make it round the bend and literally stood the bike on its front wheel before an inelegant but safe dismount. It's a super-technical descent.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

That descent was pretty gnarly.... the road was basically just 1 lane wide for most of it.

Miller

by Miller

Mortiloro - what a descent, I swear someone just caught some air. Think they're going down the steeper side.

LouisN

by LouisN

Another solid result for Wanty Gobert.
Wonder if anyone heard about Cube's new (very interesting) "light and aero" bike seen at the Giro ?
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/new-cube-litening/

Louis :)

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

wilebreizhou wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:51 pm
https://ibb.co/5GqgXQT
More info?
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

petal666

by petal666

Ritsuke wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:34 pm
wilebreizhou wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:51 pm
https://ibb.co/5GqgXQT
More info?
Look at the size of those tyres!! :shock:

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

eins4eins wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:47 am
Like i said, impressive ride. Still room to improve though and i think someone like Reusser might be more motivated now.
Not taking the shortest way adds up over 180+ laps
Understand your point. But as anyone who attempts an hour record can attest, you give it your all and then some.
You could not have gone any faster, better, or further. Period.
I wasn't on a bicycle, but a long time ago I attempted an hour's record. I'll never forget it. The last 5 minutes is new territory, especially mentally. What your brain conjures up to get you through is an amazing drug-free experience.
It's so hard most only attempt it once.

For van Dijk to have done what she did was stunning. Her distance will stand for quite a while.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Stradding the black line is hard. I could definitely see it not being worth both the mental and physical effort to maintain perfection, especially in the banked corners. Little microadjustments take their toll, thinking too hard takes its toll.

When Evelyn Stevens set her record, she hit a plastic block on the inside of the track near the end of the effort and almost took herself out. van Dijk had the record in the bag and being a little conservative was probably part of the plan. If Reusser or someone else sets a new high mark soon after, then kudos to them.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Miller wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:23 pm
Mortiloro - what a descent, I swear someone just caught some air. Think they're going down the steeper side.
Not the steeper route. That would be to Mazzo di Valtelina and I don't think that descent could ever be safely raced. Brakes would be destroyed. Today was the standard way down the west side of the Mortirolo "ridge" to Grosio. It is also quite nasty but at least it is manageable. Carthy's effort was cringeworthy. And his brakes did not seem right. Also Posovivo said he had brake trouble when talking about his crash.

And Guillaume Martin was ugly on the first descent. I thought that guy was supposed to be smart. Knowing to start wide, cross the apex, and finish wide is not a physical skill, nor does it entail special dare devil confidence - it is basic knowledge. Even if no one tells you, it doesn't take long to figure it out. Could probably teach a chimpanzee to do it. :noidea: His lines through the corners gave him no chance.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Mr.Gib wrote:
Miller wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:23 pm
Not the steeper route. That would be to Mazzo di Valtelina and I don't think that descent could ever be safely raced. Brakes would be destroyed. Today was the standard way down the west side of the Mortirolo "ridge" to Grosio. It is also quite nasty but at least it is manageable. Carthy's effort was cringeworthy. And his brakes did not seem right. Also Posovivo said he had brake trouble when talking about his crash.

And Guillaume Martin was ugly on the first descent. I thought that guy was supposed to be smart. Knowing to start wide, cross the apex, and finish wide is not a physical skill, nor does it entail special dare devil confidence - it is basic knowledge. Even if no one tells you, it doesn't take long to figure it out. Could probably teach a chimpanzee to do it. :noidea: His lines through the corners gave him no chance.
Yes but could you get that chimpanzee to do it after 120km of racing on or at the limit? I think not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com