Bikeinn

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Jaisen

by Jaisen

I used them a few times to order to Canada. The items were always authentic and as described. First 2 times my items came fast. The last time it took a very long time for my order to ship and arrive (close to a month, maybe slightly more). So if you can afford to wait they are excellent. The prices compared to my local stores were 50% off.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Similar experience to the above post for me. I managed to get some sneaky SRAM gear for cheap (usually geoblocked to come to Australia) which arrived in a few weeks.

Also got a Gamechanger 2.0 helmet, that took about 4 weeks.

Never had an issue with them, but availability of stock is not always great, shipping times vary, and I would be a bit worried about their return policy, although that's purely speculation on my part.

AJS914

by AJS914

BTW, I got those wheels from BikeInn. They arrived in good shape.

fatpinarellorider

by fatpinarellorider

Pay attention to the description (well there is not much of a description, more like seo keyword spamming), title or options.
If you order a seatpost or handlebar, say, and the white one is pictured, but hidden somewhere on the page (or worse, on the order description after you've already placed the order) it says "red", you will get the red version. :smartass:

I had a package arrive this week, a cardboard box, or what was left of it (which is unusual in itself because it is usually in a plastic satchel) and the entire thing looked like it had been repeatedly dunked in a bucket of water. Or intentionally submerged for a prolonged time period even. It hadn't even retained its boxy square shape! It was more like an amoeba-shaped blob. It looked a right mess. Even the paper packaging inside was soggy. Starting to smell of mildew even, I kid you not!😧

Then on top of that (or perhaps because of it) customs opened it. They even have a sticker saying something about the package being exposed to water, can't remember exactly what it said, it just surprised me. It must happen so often they have a sticker for it!🤕

It must have been left out in a field during a downpour or something. Either that or a container fell off the pier and into the water over at Rotterdam harbour or wherever.

I thought if that was my first ever package from them I would never order from them ever again. :shock:
The state of it was almost instagram/reddit worthy.

Attermann

by Attermann

why is that Bikeinns fault? that's the shipping companys fault.

fatpinarellorider

by fatpinarellorider

Attermann wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:09 am
why is that Bikeinns fault? that's the shipping companys fault.
So you read that eh?
I thought it was funny. :lol:
(although I was none too pleased at the time)

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Kurt1980 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:18 am
Similar experience to the above post for me. I managed to get some sneaky SRAM gear for cheap (usually geoblocked to come to Australia) which arrived in a few weeks.

Never had an issue with them, but availability of stock is not always great, shipping times vary, and I would be a bit worried about their return policy, although that's purely speculation on my part.
How much did the Gamechanger 2.0 run you?

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

justkeepedaling wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:42 pm
Kurt1980 wrote:

Just looked at the recepit now.
$368 AUD. A bit expensive, but that's also about the poor exchange rate between EUR and AUD.
Shipping was $20 AUD.

Upcountry

by Upcountry

I'm a fan of BikeInn, even with the small delay in getting it here to the US. There are some products/brands that are georestricted, but I've worked around that a few times by googleing the item I'm looking for, along with bikeinn.com and then purchasing that item directly from the page I'm linked too, versus adding it to a cart with other items... Managed to get it to work for a few Shimano parts for way less than stateside prices. Also just did similar with a Specialized part...
Tires are one of my go to's from them as well. As mentioned earlier, read the description, as sometimes the picture isn't a perfect match, but I've always ended up with what I actually wanted.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Kurt1980 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:34 am
justkeepedaling wrote:
Kurt1980 wrote:

$368 AUD. A bit expensive, but that's also about the poor exchange rate between EUR and AUD.
Shipping was $20 AUD.
Dang, that's pricey :0.

I just paid 69 USD for a Gamechanger 1.0

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

justkeepedaling wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:47 pm
Kurt1980 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:34 am
justkeepedaling wrote:
Kurt1980 wrote:

Shipping was $20 AUD.
Dang, that's pricey :0.

I just paid 69 USD for a Gamechanger 1.0
Yeah, tbh I hesitated for a couple of days. But over here, that was a good price. So in the end I pulled the trigger.

You got a great price on your GC1, and it got my bargain jealousy going. Out of interest I just looked now to see other GC2 prices.... $546 AUD on eBay, while ze Germans are letting it go for €210 ($350 AUD), which is cheapest I could find and shipping NOT included.

So Bike Inn seems about on par with the cheaoest options. Looks like it's hard to avoid the Australia tax....

ms6073

by ms6073

fatpinarellorider wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:58 am
It was more like an amoeba-shaped blob. It looked a right mess. Even the paper packaging inside was soggy. Starting to smell of mildew even, I kid you not!😧

Then on top of that (or perhaps because of it) customs opened it. They even have a sticker saying something about the package being exposed to water, can't remember exactly what it said, it just surprised me. It must happen so often they have a sticker for it!🤕
Didn't a cargo/container ship sink off the coast from Norway last week? :beerchug:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

paulderrick

by paulderrick

I use them to buy a lot of stuff in Spain and find them to be very good. They have an umbrella company - Tradeinn which covers all sorts of sports stuff. They also have websites such as Runinn, Diveinn... you get the picture.

wooger

by wooger

It's the only place in the UK to reliably get the high end tubeless tyres for well under £50 each, so impossible not to use them when it saves half the cost vs the big shops / LBS.

Also unlike some of the German bike retailers they don't have insanely high shipping or a minimum order > the customs threshold for UK import, they they're still cheap when they get here.

There are occasional sales elsewhere, but nearly always the best price is BikeInn. They're not the fastest but they've always delivered.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jwest

by jwest

fatpinarellorider wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:58 am

I had a package arrive this week, a cardboard box, or what was left of it (which is unusual in itself because it is usually in a plastic satchel) and the entire thing looked like it had been repeatedly dunked in a bucket of water. Or intentionally submerged for a prolonged time period even. It hadn't even retained its boxy square shape! It was more like an amoeba-shaped blob. It looked a right mess. Even the paper packaging inside was soggy. Starting to smell of mildew even, I kid you not!😧

It must have been left out in a field during a downpour or something. Either that or a container fell off the pier and into the water over at Rotterdam harbour or wherever.

I thought if that was my first ever package from them I would never order from them ever again. :shock:
The state of it was almost instagram/reddit worthy.
Want to get f'ked? Order enough times from BikeInn to then find out they blame the customer for accepting a package which is missing 1 of 4 tires inside. After the box fell apart from being destroyed from within BY ITS CONTENTS of heavy enduro tires and no stabilizing materials.

Somewhere it been wrapped back up inside a larger bag and taped very well. Ironically if that person had done the original packaging, it would have made it around the world a few times no matter how often it sat in the rain....!

So the jerk on the other end of my claim, which is merely asking for a replacement tire, is writing that it was my fault for accepting this wrapped up bag.... W T F ? It did not look damaged, just weird wrapping.

I've spent over $6500 usd with them since Nov 2021.

This is on tope of a fully lost order that is now 10 weeks on with no refund yet.