*Weight Weenies kit 2024 *

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Hi all,

For a while we have been playing with the idea of offering a Weight Weenies kit!

After considering a fair few brands, as you can imagine with a moderator board that spans the globe, we have nailed it down to No Pinz. They met all the criteria were looking for offering a wide range of styles for various disciplines from hyper fast skinsuits all the way to some casual off the bike pieces and accessories. Theres a ton of info on the website so we would definitely advise having a browse. Everything can be ordered directly from No Pinz with no minimum so once our custom kit design and club page is set up it will be a smooth process for all involved. 

We welcome ideas on designs so please fire them over or post up some photos of examples etc. 

Best regards

Adam and the Weight Weenies team.

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Needs pink, lots of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

And some neon green 🙏😂😂
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

C36

by C36

I thought this thread would have more traction, so drafted this while traveling see if it sparkle more suggestions.

Done using Virklon custom tool https://www.virklon.com/en/module/wim_p ... duct=32379. Not sure if other tools exist.

Last edited by C36 on Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Yea me too ... This is a Great start im going ti have a look at this tool later myself

Basso Diamante eps 12

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

I think we're looking at potentially moving away from the orange ant i think. But nothings 100% yet at all so please all keep the ideas coming. I always thought maybe an ant poking his head out of a pocket

Basso Diamante eps 12

MilesG813

by MilesG813

C36 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:16 am
I thought this thread would have more traction, so drafted this while traveling see if it sparkle more suggestions.

Done using Virklon custom tool https://www.virklon.com/en/module/wim_p ... duct=32379. Not sure if other exist.

These designs are great! I like the aero sleeves and side vents, I would definitely buy one. I like the ant and hope it stays.
2022 Specialized S-Works SL7 I Ultegra R8170 I Princeton Carbonworks 6560
2012 Cannondale CAAD 10 I 105 R5700 I Zipp 404s

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

C36 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:16 am

Done using Virklon custom tool https://www.virklon.com/en/module/wim_p ... duct=32379. Not sure if other exist.

The top two are really nice looking. I'd get rid of the ant collar and do solid color and they'd be perfect.

C36

by C36

We may leaving this too widely open to launch something, plain / 2 tone, dark / bright colours, clear back (hello 40degC climbs)... anyway, what 3 hours of flight delay can generate.
- all around blue
- kept the ant face around the colar neck and tried the around pocket suggestion, if WW is dropping it, is there a new "something" to replace it?
- think its makling sense to keep the Starbike logo somewhere
- here the models from plain to progressively lighter colours (side, side+arms, back...)
- at this point, changing colour is quite easy.

- maybe too serious or need to leave engineering asside, but I would like to find a nice newton second law formula (sum of all forces = masses * acceleration) that drives how fast we go on a bike.

Plain

Plain + light colour sides

+ amrs

Clear Back

not sure how to call this one

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

Jaisen

by Jaisen

C36 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:33 pm

- maybe too serious or need to leave engineering asside, but I would like to find a nice newton second law formula (sum of all forces = masses * acceleration) that drives how fast we go on a bike.
I don't know how to do math editing on this forum to make it elegant but solved for power (one could solve for velocity too)

P=(Fg+Fr+Fa)*v/(1−loss)

Fg=g*sin(arctan(slope))*m
Fr= g*cos(arctan(slope))*m*Crr
Fa=0.5*Cd**A*ρ*((v+w)**2)

So all told it would be:

P= g*sin(arctan(slope))*m* g*cos(arctan(slope))*m*Crr* 0.5*Cd**A*ρ*((v+w)**2)*v/(1−loss)

Somewhat simplified (with proper formatting it could be made prettier):

P=((g*m)*(v+w))**2)*0.5*Cd*A*ρ*sin(arctan(slope))*cos(arctan(slope))* v/(1−loss)

s3si1u

by s3si1u

C36 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:33 pm
We may leaving this too widely open to launch something, plain / 2 tone, dark / bright colours, clear back (hello 40degC climbs)... anyway, what 3 hours of flight delay can generate.
- all around blue
- kept the ant face around the colar neck and tried the around pocket suggestion, if WW is dropping it, is there a new "something" to replace it?
- think its makling sense to keep the Starbike logo somewhere
- here the models from plain to progressively lighter colours (side, side+arms, back...)
- at this point, changing colour is quite easy.

Plain

I would totally wear this one

bobones

by bobones

The English idiom is "attention to detail", not "details". Better get that detail right! :smartass:

C36

by C36

bobones wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:38 am
The English idiom is "attention to detail", not "details". Better get that detail right! :smartass:
hahaha, thanks, I swear I googled it and still got it wrong :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Apologies for being quiet but been working/thinking behind the scenes... 

I've been struggling to get my head into the kit planning as I haven't been thinking enough about the kit representing what we are but more just what colours/design shapes would look cool. 
Ive been speaking with a good friend in the cycling apparel industry whos put a few questions across to me that he would always ask when working with someone in the design process.. 

“What’s the story?”
What are some iconic weight weenie-isms?
what are things that matter to a weight weenie?..
And what do you guys do that is special? 
What are other classic (or modern) methods of modification
And how could they be incorporated into the graphic?

Obviously any design wont please everyone but im keen to have something modern that we would be proud to wear. 

This is bloody hard

Basso Diamante eps 12