Let's See Your Time Trial bike

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

addictR1

by addictR1

Noctiluxx wrote:Helped build this Fuji D6 for my friend as his first Tri/TT bike. I found this 2011 Fuji frame new from Nashbar last year at a price of around $500. Built with Ultegra 8000 di2, Praxis Zayante carbon with power meter (53-39), Dura Ace shifter/levers, Flo disk and 90mm carbon wheels, Yoeleo tri bar, Speedplay Zero SS pedals, and Selle Italia Iron carbon saddle. Total weight with pedals and bottle cage is 20.01-lbs. He also has a 90mm rear wheel which brings the weight down 200 grams.
How are the Yoeleo TT bars? Are they stiff enough to sprint on? How’s the build quality?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Timmetje

by Timmetje

kampiakseli wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:33 am
I made first models from foam, and then I covered them lighly with carbon. That made the surface hard and I was able to wrap more layers of carbon with pressure. I used electric tape. Took quite alot of time, but I'm happy with the result. Biggest suprise was improved handling due better support for hands.
Don't pay attention to the mess in my workshop
Your handlebar looks really well made, nice job! I wonder, looking at the di2 shifters, did you do anything to remove the foam material? If not, how did you mount the shifter?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

I removed the foam complitely. First with long drill and last with few sticks. It was suprisingly easy. I'm finishing the extenders at the moment. They will be glossy and slite reshape on elbo paddings. Oh yes and I added gps mount too.
Work still on progress..

jobvisser

by jobvisser

kampiakseli wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:12 pm
I removed the foam complitely. First with long drill and last with few sticks. It was suprisingly easy. I'm finishing the extenders at the moment. They will be glossy and slite reshape on elbo paddings. Oh yes and I added gps mount too.
Work still on progress..
Looking great,what did you use to shape the elbow pads ?
tip for the next time: u can just dissolve all the foam with acetone!
---> :oops: Send me a pm to order world's lightest low carbon fiber dust covers! (1g) :oops: <---

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

Oh, asetone would have been good to know, thank's. I used aluminium plate for elbow pads.

jobvisser

by jobvisser

May I ask you how you got the foam shaped so wel ? everytime i try to make somehting with foam it's a big mess
---> :oops: Send me a pm to order world's lightest low carbon fiber dust covers! (1g) :oops: <---

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

I used sharp knife and finished them with sandpaper. Nothing special. It is a mess, that sure.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

simurs4

by simurs4

Heres my recently acquired '13 Speedmax CF 9.0. I had been wanting to get another TT bike since selling my P3 4 years ago.

I had always lasted after this shape Speedmax when they were new, but getting one in Australia was not so easy, now living in Germany it's abit easier to find one!

Currently it is living on my Tacx over winter but I am looking forward to attending some events next year.

addictR1

by addictR1

Anyone here can recommend or currently using a TT bar setup from AliExpress?

I saw some that’s around $100+, but not sure if it’s safe?

I’m looking for this kind of style with the ability to adjust the arm rest height.

Thanks

Rudi

by Rudi

Got that exactly from ebay. They are resold in the UK under a few different brands for a mark up. Zero issues for me after 2 seasons use.

Selcof
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HBSEULTCH ... -handlebar

PDQ
https://www.iancammish.co.uk/pdqbarsshop
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

addictR1

by addictR1

Rudi wrote:Got that exactly from ebay. They are resold in the UK under a few different brands for a mark up. Zero issues for me after 2 seasons use.

Selcof
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HBSEULTCH ... -handlebar

PDQ
https://www.iancammish.co.uk/pdqbarsshop
Thank you Image are the bullhorns pretty stiff to sprint on?

Rudi

by Rudi

Seem fine to me but I'm generally not sprinting flat out on them in a TT. Certainly not noticed any issues off the start.

Don't know where you are based but there is a guy on the TT forum in the UK making wedges and other things. I've got a set of these from him and ther are top notch:

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/ind ... read-this/

They also have the advantage of raising the bars at the same time as the pads if you want a higher hands position without having to buy new extensions/reverse what you have already.
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

Rudi wrote:Seem fine to me but I'm generally not sprinting flat out on them in a TT. Certainly not noticed any issues off the start.

Don't know where you are based but there is a guy on the TT forum in the UK making wedges and other things. I've got a set of these from him and ther are top notch:

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/ind ... read-this/

They also have the advantage of raising the bars at the same time as the pads if you want a higher hands position without having to buy new extensions/reverse what you have already.
Oh wow that’s sweet. I’m based in US though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk