Thanks. 11 years and counting.
Impressive. How many km?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bondurant

by Bondurant

30-odd thousand km. I'm in the South of the UK, I probably only use it three months of the year, the winters are pretty mild normally.

cberg

by cberg

jesper2913 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:20 pm
cberg wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:44 pm
Just in time for winter :mrgreen:
IMG_0546.jpeg
Well done. Used an Aeroad as winterbike a few years back as well, and it's is absolutely not suited for fitting fenders. But seems you did a good job mounting yours. Do you have a closeup of where the rear fender meets the rear brake?
One of my good friends is a bike mechanic and fitted the rear fender, I'm not sure which model it is, but it was cut short and mounted by drilling the plate that sits behind the rear brake:
9jsl3j2fub3c1[1].jpeg
l0i23ksiub3c1[1].jpeg

jesper2913

by jesper2913

cberg wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:16 am

9jsl3j2fub3c1[1].jpeg

That is really well made. Makes sense.

jamin

by jamin

Built this Allez Disc 2024 up over the summer, swapped a few parts out to lighten it up, complete with some custom hand made carbon brackets for the guards, super happy with the end result, almost too nice to use in the winter! Will upgrade the GS to Force eTap next year I think.
tempImageMOrp7a.gif
tempImageKHyZfd.gif
tempImageDqYymY.gif

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

That is a very tidy fender job on the Allez. Tire clearance looks too close however. It does depend on road conditions, but when clearance is below a certain distance, debris will certainly jam between the tires and fenders. Pine needles can be a particular problem. Combine with some leaf litter and the build up can bring wheels to a stop. Seen it many times here in the Pacific Northwest. But this reqion is probably the worst. The flora here is on steroids, abundant and sticky. Interestingly, above a certain amount of clearance, it is never a problem.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

jamin

by jamin

Thanks, I spent a fair bit of time to make sure they fitted neat and tidy, and mostly imporantly they are secure. I also used black Ti bolts where possible to avoid problems with corrosion. As for clearance, its the same as my old winter bike, and I've never had any trouble to date - the pic below shows the clearance a little better.
tempImageCRmXTR.gif

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

What fenders are those? Specialized brand? That's about as good looking as fenders get. Interesting profile - they don't wrap around the tire quite as much as most brands, SKS, etc. Nice to hear that clearance works. Would likely be a problem where I am.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

jamin

by jamin

Mr.Gib wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:37 pm
What fenders are those? Specialized brand? That's about as good looking as fenders get. Interesting profile - they don't wrap around the tire quite as much as most brands, SKS, etc. Nice to hear that clearance works. Would likely be a problem where I am.
Yeah, the 'Plug and Play v2' fenders - which are anything but 'plug and play' - even when mounting to a Spesh bike. But however, once fitted, they are secure and do a good job, and as you say look nice and neat.

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

Slagter

by Slagter

kampiakseli wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:32 pm
Badass 8)

I really like how this topic has come back to life :beerchug: :beerchug:

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Genesis Datum with 11 speed Dura Ace. AB 46/30 rings and an S-Road 10-36 cassette. PDW 45mm Full Metal Fenders are the best I’ve ever used. Perfect for British winters, keeping my bum and feet bone dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bondurant

by Bondurant

I'm surprised at your feet being dry I have to say, the front mudguard doesn't look nearly long or wide enough.

Nice bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Bondurant wrote:I'm surprised at your feet being dry I have to say, the front mudguard doesn't look nearly long or wide enough.

Nice bike.
They’re the 45mm wide version the only moisture that gets on my feet is from the actual rain rather than spray from the front wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk