New Bontrager R3 tires

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ToileySiphon

by ToileySiphon

Has anyone tried the 2021 version? They supposedly improved them quite a bit and I could see the appeal of going on a "all bontrager" TLR setup to avoid mounting issues that seem to plague som rim and tires combinations.

Envoyé de mon SM-G973W en utilisant Tapatalk

vjswing

by vjswing

I had posted in a thread on this subject last year:

viewtopic.php?t=158121

I was continuing to run them into this season. A few weeks back, I noticed a cut that began on the tread of the rear tire, and it appeared to run into the sidewall, which raised concerns. It wasn't bulging out in any way, but decided to remove the tire just to be safe. Still running the R3 on the front with zero issues. Because I have a tendency to tinker and experiment, I had an interest in a tan sidewall clincher, and am thinking about giving the Veloflex Corsa Evo a shot.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fisherfreerider

by Fisherfreerider

I have them on a couple bikes in various sizes and quite like them. All tlr and no issues to speak of.

ToileySiphon

by ToileySiphon

vjswing wrote:I had posted in a thread on this subject last year:

viewtopic.php?t=158121

I was continuing to run them into this season. A few weeks back, I noticed a cut that began on the tread of the rear tire, and it appeared to run into the sidewall, which raised concerns. It wasn't bulging out in any way, but decided to remove the tire just to be safe. Still running the R3 on the front with zero issues. Because I have a tendency to tinker and experiment, I had an interest in a tan sidewall clincher, and am thinking about giving the Veloflex Corsa Evo a shot.
I think they improved them for 2021, I was curious if anyone had tied the "new formula". But thanks for the link :)

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

It looks like Bicycle Rolling Resistance will be testing them in the next month or two if you can wait.

ToileySiphon

by ToileySiphon

CampagYOLO wrote:It looks like Bicycle Rolling Resistance will be testing them in the next month or two if you can wait.
Looking forward to that!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com