Good QR skewers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tepextate

by tepextate

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:51 pm
The best compromise is the Mavic QR with the un-butted Ti rod. They are lighter than D.A. but offer enough clamping force.

Extralite Aliens 4 is junk.
Problem is stock. I can't find this being sold anywhere in the US!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I bought mine a long time ago. I think Enve might have owned Mavic at one point and now the design is now produced by Enve. Get this one. It's the same as the Mavic, just looks a bit different.

https://www.coloradocyclist.com/enve-ti ... -100-130mm

C36

by C36

tepextate wrote:
pdlpsher1 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:51 pm
The best compromise is the Mavic QR with the un-butted Ti rod. They are lighter than D.A. but offer enough clamping force.

Extralite Aliens 4 is junk.
Problem is stock. I can't find this being sold anywhere in the US!
Preowned market has few options, sending you few links in MP (mostly from Europe, seems have more options).

—————————————
- Supersix evo2 HM 5707g
- 1995 Miguel Indurain Pinarello restauration project
- R3000si Junior bike restauration project.

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

for more serious ride, i go for DT swiss RWS. for weightweenies ride i go with Zipp ti. for photos i use Tririg aero Ti. :mrgreen:
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

botacalor

by botacalor

Styx Aero Skewers are very good looking. Wish know the clamping force and stiffness

abatty

by abatty

From my experience the only skewers that work are internal cam versions eg DA 9100 or Ultegra 6700. I've never been able to prevent any external cam rear skewers from moving around and squeaking under power. DA versions use slightly higher quality materials. The zero noise and movement is a small price to pay for their extra weight! www.sjscycles.co.uk stock them.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

The Enve/Mavic QRs I recommended have internal cams. So it's not only Campy and Shimano that have QRs with internal cams. I've used Campy and Dura Ace QRs in the past but found the Enve/Mavic provide similar clamping forces at a lighter weight.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

WorkonSunday wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:09 am
for more serious ride, i go for DT swiss RWS. for weightweenies ride i go with Zipp ti. for photos i use Tririg aero Ti. :mrgreen:
I haven't used the TriRig skewers, but the other recommendations are spot on. The RWS skewers are incredibly strong and durable. I have them on the back of my gravel bike (135mm QR) and they have never missed a beat. On my other bikes (all rim braked), I use the Zipp Ti skewers. They're stiff, light, not too exotic or expensive. I recommend them, highly.

ooo

by ooo

Related long topic (Lightest QR that actually works well?)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=139946
'