superlight allroad carbon rim

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KonaSS

by KonaSS

Would love to test. I switch from asphalt, to gravel, to paths on almost every ride.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

What's the difference, for instance, to Lightbicycle AR56? (56x30mm, 23mm inner)
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

youngs_modulus

by youngs_modulus

LeDuke wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:42 pm
I can ride them on my gravel bike in the mountains of Colorado. To include mounting studded tires on them for ice covered roads.

What can you tell us about the hubs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm also pretty interested in those hubs. What's the scoop? Any interest in selling them separately?

FWIW, I'd be interested in 12x142 with both an XD and XDR body. I'm also wondering whether a 110x15 front hub will be available.

Thanks!

RNAV

by RNAV

kiritozhang wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:57 pm
Due to the Covid-19 epidemic, we were unable to go to Roubaix or Flanders for testing. So we are now calling for beta test riders.
We want to design a pair of wheels: it can conquer all roads, whether it's asphalt, cobblestone or gravel. It can be fitted with wide tires and is lightweight enough when climbing hills.
If you plan on producing a rim-brake version, I'd be happy to test. Road, poor road (chip seal, potholes), light gravel; 88kg rider.

kiritozhang

by kiritozhang

mrlobber wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:53 pm
What's the difference, for instance, to Lightbicycle AR56? (56x30mm, 23mm inner)
I think AR56 is not suitable to be called all road rim. The height of 56mm is not suitable for Gravel/endurance/climb products. When encountering crosswinds, I would never like a pair of 56mm wheels.
AR56 is suitable for higher speed riding. I think it is just a wide rim.

raggi

by raggi

Riding all kinds of terrain on my Open U.P. in Iceland; tarmac, pavement, gravel, single-track, cx, snow, ice - you name it. :-) Would be happy to test these out in some extreme conditions. Would also be nice to have a comparison to the Roval CL50 "road" wheelset and Stan's Grail CB7 more gravel-oriented wheelset I use on that bike.

kiritozhang

by kiritozhang

wheelsONfire wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:48 pm
hannawald wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:21 pm
24mm inner rim width for 25C tires? Why going so extreme?
Same question here!
Also, what do you (OP) consider low pressure?
It is compatible with 25mm tires, but I recommend using 28-30mm tires.
When the inner width increases, we will reduce the tire pressure a little when the same tire is installed.
For clincher, a higher tire pressure will result in a tighter combination of the tire and rim.
So when using 25mm tires on this rim, I recommend keeping the tire pressure around 90-100psi. (Depending on weight)
Compatible with 25mm tires just to give riders more choices.

edchristoph

by edchristoph

I am wondering about that OEM version of the Carbon-Ti SP X-Hub. It's 30g heavier than the open market version, which is 273g. Also, this version is lacking the bearing preload adjustment, no? Do you have more details on this hub?

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

Would love to test these and compare them to my Kinlin aluminium rims and Farsport carbon wheels on road and gravel!

damond

by damond

edchristoph wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:39 am
I am wondering about that OEM version of the Carbon-Ti SP X-Hub. It's 30g heavier than the open market version, which is 273g. Also, this version is lacking the bearing preload adjustment, no? Do you have more details on this hub?
Those are not Carbon Ti's. Those are their own produced hubs based on DT's.

kiritozhang

by kiritozhang

damond wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:43 am
edchristoph wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:39 am
Those are not Carbon Ti's. Those are their own produced hubs based on DT's.
Yes, we use axles of the same diameter and thickness.Bearings of the same brand and size.
The same number of holes 24/24.
But we increased the flange distance on the right a little bit.Optimized the lateral stiffness of the rear wheel

boots2000

by boots2000

LB WR38? I just got a set of these with DT 240 hubs- Weight is about 1340 for the set. 25mm internal width.

kiritozhang

by kiritozhang

boots2000 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:30 pm
LB WR38? I just got a set of these with DT 240 hubs- Weight is about 1340 for the set. 25mm internal width.
LB sells rim separately. And we will sell the entire wheelset. Independently design the hub. In order to make the wheelset more in line with our goals.
Proper collocation can produce better performance. This is why many brands do not sell rim separately.

M4lukz

by M4lukz

I'd be happy to test them here in Portugal, lots of flat roads to the coast, lots of climbs going to the inside, a lot of gravely roads, and a decent ammount of cobbles if you really want to go for them :D
60kg rider, running Sram AXS

5DII

by 5DII

Happy to test on pothole ridden rodes in Toronto

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com