Vision Metron 40 SL Freehub

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MAsshole

by MAsshole

So I purchased a pair of lightly used Vision Metron 40 Sl's for my Scott Addict about a year ago now.

I had absolutely zero problems with them from July-November of last year.

Over the winter, I set the bike up on my Kickr until April of 2018 when I returned to biking outside.

Almost immediately I noticed a weird grinding noise coming from the rear wheel and had the hub checked. Turns out the freehub basically chewed itself apart internally and needed to be replaced along with the bearings. No idea how that happened as I had zero (diagnosed/audible) issues the prior fall as I mentioned. I replaced the parts and figured I'd be A-OK.

About a month and a half later, I felt a slight vibration when free-wheeling and figured I'd get the wheel looked at again. My LBS suggested that the hub is likely going to experience a second failure like the one prior and that I replace it with something else.

Has anyone ever had an issue with the FSA hubs like this before? Could it be something with the bike alignment that the LBS and I are missing? I'm trying to avoid spending another couple hundred just to temporarily fix the issue.

Weytz

by Weytz

Were you able to fix the problem?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MAsshole

by MAsshole

Given that I don't know what the problem is nor does the LBS, I may be selling them.

It was a great wheel for me for a while and I have no idea what changed. It's a bummer but I'd rather not deal with the issue anymore.