Ambrosio Nemesis

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Ambrosio has new owners. The new owners are insisting that rim order per drilling is 500 rims. That unfortunatley puts the nemesis in jeporday. I'd love to be able to buy 500 of them but I cant afford that neither can the u.k importers (one has given up on ambrosio as a result). What are we to do?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

themidge

by themidge

Buy loads now? Or has the change already been made?

Mackers

by Mackers

I honestly don't see the point in continuing the production of a heavy shallow narrow tubular rim.

(and I own two sets of Nemesis wheels myself)

sungod

by sungod

to me they're great rims, for crappy winter conditions and the increasingly rutted, crumbling, rippled, cracked and potholed uk roads, a strong alloy rim is ideal

profile doesn't matter if you're not racing, though judging by the number of people i saw on 80mm rims this morning when i did a few laps around the park maybe i'm missing something there :D

i think nemesis look nice when so many are on boring wheels, but it feels like the tubular market is static, maybe shrinking, cheap cf rims seem more fashionable, manufacturers will look at the bottom line and reduce/eliminate unprofitable lines

if they're not around when i need to replace, guess i'll be searching ebay for nos nemesis, or maybe even old campag rims!

F45

by F45

Ambrosio is still around?

Geoff

by Geoff

I think that there have not been a lot of choices for awhile now. As long as we can get 32s, does it matter for those rims?

ergott

by ergott

I just don't think they offer any improvement over the Hed Belgium which is available in tubular and also more spoke counts. It's time to let that rim go and I say that currently with a set of 32 shallow profile tubulars on one of my bikes (Mavic GP4s).

Using shallow tubular rims on a disc build is cool. You don't have to worry about the narrow, unmachined brake track and all those NOS rims are in 32 or 36 for cheap. Another bonus, disc hubs usually have less tension imbalance for rear wheel so build is pretty strong if you do it right.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com